Croteam patch ss3 done

Straatveger

I've been checking my copy 2-3 times a day since the patch was announced and so far there's no sign of it :(. Sony love to drag their heals with patch certifications for no good reason so it could be weeks before this appears or never :(.

2 months tho? Never heard of that. Sounds like some developer BS to me. Probably lying about the patch because lets not forget they cost money and many of these broken trophy games go unpatched because the cost is not viable. Especially for a throwback title like this that I don't expect to make a lot in the first place.

Edited by TheNukes

I don't supose that they have a changelog of what the patch fixes right? Because there's no better proof that they really made a patch than the problems it solved. Otherwise, I'm going to consider that they just threw the problem at Sony. Or rather, forget about buying the game and saving money for Doom Classic Complete instead: No plat, but a fully functional 4 player coop game at least.

I don't supose that they have a changelog of what the patch fixes right? Because there's no better proof that they really made a patch than the problems it solved. Otherwise, I'm going to consider that they just threw the problem at Sony. Or rather, forget about buying the game and saving money for Doom Classic Complete instead: No plat, but a fully functional 4 player coop game at least.

If you find some patch notes then please let me know as I want to know too :).

I asked Croteam about the patch details.

The aswer they gave me was this.

"It's only for the glitched trophy"

OMG that is the best changelog a patch could ever desithey didn't even made it did they? :facepalm:

You know when you meet again with an old friend, on different conditions, and it turns out he became a massive dick? Goodbye Croteam, good luck with the port of The Talos Principle, because you can only fuck up so many times before it catches up on you.

• 1 month later...

When i asked croteam why it took so long on facebook, they said this:

"Unfortunately it has to go through Sony's patch dispatch server. Patch is in waiting for QA services and as soon as it's done, it will be published."

Dont ask me what waiting for QA means...

So maybe there is still a little hope..

Croteam's word is worthless at this point so I don't believe a word of what they say. Any other developer worth their salt would be bashing down Sony's door by now and demanding to know what the hell is taking so long.

By "Waiting for QA services" they mean waiting for someone to look it over and make sure it doesn't break anything else.

UPDATE: It's now June 6th and still no patch :mad:!

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Terminator, look at my last post on their FB page. ;)

Do you have the link handy? EDIT: Never mind, a Google search turned up the link.

I've given up on checking my copy so have deleted all traces of it from my system because I'm sick of waiting for the patch. I'll only redownload the game once someone confirms the patch actually exists and is available to download. Why they're not bashing down Sony's Door and demanding to know what the hell is taking so long, god only knows :mad:.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

gonna spam their FB too, they are not responding on Twitter. And thats sux, I bought a game and I cant play it

they responded quite fast:

https://www.facebook.com/croteam/posts/899129493443865?comment_id=899144200109061&notif_t=feed_comment

That's the same excuse they've been giving everyone for months and it's gotten to the point where I don't believe the patch even exists.

• 2 weeks later...
i dont know if there is a patch, but there are 2 people on psntrophyleaders that have a plat for this game. cheaters or legit ??

Cheaters, their earned trophies are all out of order (both had their first trophies as being beat the game on Serious difficulty, but didn't earn the ones for finishing the game until way later.

• 4 weeks later...