How will it run...

Straatveger

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Ulsi5LwMw]Opening 20|Serious Sam 3:BFE|PS3 - YouTube[/ame]

This is just the opening of the game, and it doesn't get the the hordes later, but you can already see some textural weirdness and visual framerate issues in the video. Of course, these framerate issues could be recording issues, but I doubt the textural issues have anything to do with recording.

Having now seen that video, I am have serious doubts about getting this game :(. It doesn't look or feel like a Serious Sam game and I have a nasty feeling it may end up with next to no support considering it's been in development hell for 2+ years and may be an outsource job :(.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

Having now seen that video, I am have serious doubts about getting this game :(. It doesn't look or feel like a Serious Sam game and I have a nasty feeling it may end up with next to no support considering it's been in development hell for 2+ years and may be an outsource job :(.

In all fairness, the opening is just story crap. In SS3, you end up around the ruins of ancient egypt fighting all kinds of crazy stuff. During this opening area, you're just listening to tutorial dialogue and learning the buttons really.

As for the question above, I've heard you can map your own buttons but don't quote me on that as this is a rough port.

i think its alright, tho i only played the first 2, and some time ago!, but yea im at them ruins now, im enjoying it, and think itl b pretty difficult on serious difficulty, good that we got a different trophy list, but with only 30 odd ppl on the leaderboard i dont see much in the way of guide coming out! , , (oh and im sure i remember it being funnier, but that just mita been stoned youth i guess, lol)

http://gamercards.exophase.com/640704.png

@NeMec8, since you are playing it, can you answer my question?

What button do you press to shoot? Is that R2, or can you rebind them ?

Thanks.

sorry it wasnt sooner, bu yes u can to a degree, thers like 6 different button choices, and 4 stick layouts to choose from, ive got it set all right i think, l1, r1 for triggers, l3, for run, circle mellee, square reload, l2 toggle last weapon, triangle crouch!, d-pad weapons, i think it all runs pretty smooth for a port, im on the last bosss fight now, and il correct my previous post i think it mite be insane on serious, its pretty crazy!

Thanks for the info. I have played this game back on pc, and even with normal difficulty the games was not easy. Even so on pc you can use a mouse to aim, but i think this is going to one hell of a ride. While serious isnt the hardest, mental is. What if i may ask did you pay for this game? Here in the EU it is 20 euro`s, and i am a plus member. Now i have heard that when youn are a member, you get 5 off.

There's no PS+ Discount in the EU, that's only available in the US AFAIK. I paid £15.99 and feel ever so slightly ripped off, SSM 3 is nothing like the original Serious Sam I remember from the Xbox :(. I'll definitely be getting the (P) for this but I doubt I'll keep it installed afterwards :(.

It's $29.99 on the Australian store, no discount for Plus subscribers. If I do buy it I'll just get it off my US sub. $19.99 is a lot better for non-Plus subscribers.

You said you felt ripped off, I've never played a SS game and what has drawn me is it looks a lot like Doom. I've been keeping tabs on people who have the game from PSN Profiles and there are a few people who have beaten the game but none on Unmodified mode. So does that mean Unmodified isn't available from the start and you need two playthroughs? Of course It could just mean no one has picked that game mode from the start.

Unmodified is available from the start (at least I think that's what I'm playing on) but the difficulty starts off hard and only gets harder as the game goes on. I've got the original Serious Sam on the Original Xbox and that one is 10x funnier and a heck of a lot more fun because of how UN-serious it is, think Doom meets Duke Nukem but with Borderlands style graphics and humour and you'll be pretty close to what Serious Sam can be like at his best :).

Serious Sam 2 (also on the Original Xbox) took virtually everything that was great about the series and flushed it down the toilet, 3 partially redeems the franchise but it feels more like COD or Battlefield than it does a genuine Serious Sam game and is nowhere near as funny :(. I've also played the dire GameCube version called "First Encounter" and that's easily the worst one of the lot.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

Unmodified is available from the start (at least I think that's what I'm playing on) but the difficulty starts off hard and only gets harder as the game goes on. I've got the original Serious Sam on the Original Xbox and that one is 10x funnier and a heck of a lot more fun because of how UN-serious it is, think Doom meets Duke Nukem but with Borderlands style graphics and humour and you'll be pretty close to what Serious Sam can be like at his best :).

Serious Sam 2 (also on the Original Xbox) took virtually everything that was great about the series and flushed it down the toilet, 3 partially redeems the franchise but it feels more like COD or Battlefield than it does a genuine Serious Sam game and is nowhere near as funny :(. I've also played the dire GameCube version called "First Encounter" and that's easily the worst one of the lot.

Thanks for the information Terminator. I'll think about if I want to eventually buy the game but in the meantime I have a few games I want to play beforehand. :)

Hey, can someone tell me about the performance on the PS3 version? If the fps drop too much or if it's stable on most areas; don't care about the graphics but I'd like to have more info about the performance - there are only 2 videos on YT that show some gameplay footage on the PS3 but both of them is too short (and the guys playing are really bad). Also, this version already came with the 'Jewel of the Nile' DLC on it? Thanks in advance.

Hey, can someone tell me about the performance on the PS3 version? If the fps drop too much or if it's stable on most areas; don't care about the graphics but I'd like to have more info about the performance - there are only 2 videos on YT that show some gameplay footage on the PS3 but both of them is too short (and the guys playing are really bad). Also, this version already came with the 'Jewel of the Nile' DLC on it? Thanks in advance.

Don't waste your money, the frame-rate is lousy at times with some major slowdown in places, several trophies are bugged (one is unobtainable), the online is laggy and the game temp freezes constantly when saving :mad:. Those don't even factor in the cheap deaths, one-hit insta-kills, horrible controls and dire A.I.

The DLCs come pre-installed but considering how bad the rest of the game is, I don't know if I feel like playing them.

Don't waste your money, the frame-rate is lousy at times with some major slowdown in places, several trophies are bugged (one is unobtainable), the online is laggy and the game temp freezes constantly when saving :mad:. Those don't even factor in the cheap deaths, one-hit insta-kills, horrible controls and dire A.I.

The DLCs come pre-installed but considering how bad the rest of the game is, I don't know if I feel like playing them.

Thanks for the info, but I think I'll buy it 'cause is the only way for me to play it right now; I've been waiting for this one since his release in '12 and you know, ports for the PS3 are not that good so if it's at least stable is Ok for me.

About the temp freezing issue, I've heard that there's an option to turn off the auto-safe so maybe it will solve this; even though if I managed to get used to the annoying temp freezing in Borderlands 2, I think I can handle this XD

Thanks for the info, but I think I'll buy it 'cause is the only way for me to play it right now; I've been waiting for this one since his release in '12 and you know, ports for the PS3 are not that good so if it's at least stable is Ok for me.

About the temp freezing issue, I've heard that there's an option to turn off the auto-safe so maybe it will solve this; even though if I managed to get used to the annoying temp freezing in Borderlands 2, I think I can handle this XD

yea the freezing didnt bother me!, as for the rest, i enjoyed it ALOT, i was same as u waited ages for it, besides not being a funny as i remeber, it was a blast! , pity bout that fucked trophy, wlda been first too plat! grrrr

The temp freezing happens whenever the game saves either via the Quick, Auto or Manual saves and it gets old and fast. I put up with the occasional temp freeze in BL2 because I'm crazy about that game but SS3 is a train wreck as far as I'm concerned and the unobtainable (P) is just the icing on an not very good cake :(.

The temp freezing happens whenever the game saves either via the Quick, Auto or Manual saves and it gets old and fast. I put up with the occasional temp freeze in BL2 because I'm crazy about that game but SS3 is a train wreck as far as I'm concerned and the unobtainable (P) is just the icing on an not very good cake :(.

I bought it and I've been having a blast so far! I'm in 'No Place to Hide' level (on Hard) and up till this point I notice several performances hiccups, but nothing that ruin the experience overall; the only real complaint I have is that the game is overpriced, is half of his PSN price on XBLA so :wtf:

And I hope they fix the problems with some of the trophies, I really want to get my (P) on this one.

About Borderlands 2, I love that game so much but takes some SERIOUS time for me to get used to those annoying freezing issues every time the game saves, or when Angel pops up and that awkward Sanctuary's texture issues.

Maybe is because I've been playing it on my 360 since his launch and those issues doesn't exists there. So when I'm almost in the middle of the game my 360 drive died.. so either I send it to repair or I buy the PS3 version to play on my brother's PS3 - since the last option was cheaper and only BL2 matters to me at that moment I choose to buy it for PS3; I saw a lot of gameplay videos to see the difference between the ports and even aware of his issues it takes more time than I thought to get used toi t.. especially when right at the first loading screen the PS3 takes ~20 sec longer to load the game :francis: