Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes "Good Friend" Guide

This is a guide for people looking to earn the “Good Friend” Trophy as quickly as possible.

All credit for the pathways and locations of each ally goes to the Sengoku Basara 3 MasterWiki. In my use of it, however, I found that I couldn’t consistently rely on Google Translate to translate everything (let alone properly), and I’d have to go back and check and recheck which battle I should be going to next. Quite frankly, I felt it was the same amount of work doing all these checks that it probably would’ve taken to make a guide, so I figured I’d write down the routes to collect all allies in as few runs of Story Mode as possible.

With the exception of Ieyasu, every ally can be collected in four runs or fewer, neatly tying into the number of times story mode needs to be played to unlock character accessories. For those with fewer, you get the freedom to play how you want on the remaining runs. Ieyasu and Yukimura both have allies to recruit on the Nobunaga side-route, so be mindful of unlocking Oichi and running through her mode twice to unlock Siege of Kanegasaki and Incident at Honno-ji for those characters.

Things to Keep in Mind:

Stage names in blue have an ally.

If I say Finish Up in plain text, there are no more allies to collect and you can fight on whatever stages you want.

If I say Finish Up in blue text, all that matters is that you pursue the main story conclusion, and not the side conclusion for Nobunaga. I don’t foresee this actually being a problem considering how Nobunaga’s quest becomes available, but the warning stands. Finish Up in blue text denotes that the remaining allies cannot be missed if you continue through the story.

The first route for each character is their default story mode route.

Some allies are earned on route completion, not on stage completion, but the numbers all should check out.

Hattori Hanzo, the ally that will put fugitive locations on your map, is earned on the second route for Kotaro Fuma in this guide.

Remember: Nobunaga Oda will only become your ally after you finish a battle with 99 allies, and the trophy only unlocks after you finish a battle with all 100 collected.

On the off chance you're as thickheaded as me and you count your total allies and feel that you're somehow one short, remember that you can't select your main character as your ally before you spend hours checking charts to see where you went wrong.

My routes are not the only routes, nor are they necessarily the fastest routes in terms of stage completion time, but they are efficient routes to get the maximum allies possible for each play through story mode.

Edited by Maldron

Ieyasu Tokugawa - 8

[spoiler= Ieyasu]1. Red Route – Two Unmissable

2.Kaerikumo Castle > Battle of Tetorigawa > Osaka: Winter > Siege of Karasu Castle > Battle of Itsukushima > Hetsugigawa: Memories > Finish Up.

3. Kaerikumo Castle > Battle of Tetorigawa > Osaka: Winter > Gassantoda Castle > Battle of Itsukushima > Battle at Noshima > Finish Up.

4. Kaerikumo Castle > Battle of Tetorigawa > Osaka: Winter > Nakatomigawa Fortress > Finish Up.

5. Red Route to Nobunaga > Siege of Kanegasaki > Finish Up. Requires Oichi’s Green Route completed.

Mitsunari Ishida - 6

[spoiler= Mitsunari]1. Saica Stronghold > Gassantoda Castle > Nakatomigawa Fortress > Finish Up.

2. Battle of Tetorigawa > Kaerikumo Castle > Flooding Ueda Castle > Kawanakajima Tundra > Odawara Castle > Headstrong at Kubota > Finish Up.

3. Battle of Tetorigawa > Kaerikumo Castle > Flooding Ueda Castle > Battle of Kannagawa > Finish Up.

4. Battle of Tetorigawa > Kaerikumo Castle > Flooding Ueda Castle > Battle at Noshima > Mines of Ishigakibaru > Ambush at Mimikawa > Hetsugigawa: Heroes > Finish Up.

Masamune Date - 6

[spoiler= Masamune]1. Siege of Hasedo Castle > Finish Up.

2. Osaka: Winter > Siege of Karasu Castle > Gassantoda Castle > Saica Stronghold > Battle at Noshima > Finish Up.

3. Osaka: Winter > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Battle of Tetorigawa > Flooding Ueda Castle > Kawanakajima Tundra > Siege of Hasedo Castle > Headstrong at Kubota > Finish Up.

Yukimura Sanada - 7

[spoiler= Yukimura]1. Battle of Tetorigawa > Kaerikumo Castle > Assault on Ueda Castle > Battle of Kannagawa > Kawanakajima Tundra > Finish Up.

2. Saica Stronghold > Osaka: Winter > Nakatomigawa Fortress > Gassantoda Castle > Battle of Itsukushima > Ambush at Mimikawa > Finish Up.

3. Take Blue Route to Nobunaga > Siege of Kanegasaki > Incident at Honno-ji. Requires Oichi’s Green Route Complete

Magoichi Saica - 4

[spoiler= Magoichi]1. Battle of Tetorigawa > Kaerikumo Castle > Cliffs of Mikatagahara > Flooding Ueda Castle > Kawanakajima Tundra > Finish Up.

2. Battle of Tetorigawa > Kaerikumo Castle > Osaka: Winter > Nakatomigawa Fortress > Gassantoda Castle > Battle at Noshima > Ambush at Mimikawa > Finish Up.

Kanbe Kuroda - 7

[spoiler= Kanbe]1. Hetsugigawa: Memories > Ambush at Mimikawa > The Last Stand > Siege of Karasu Castle > Battle at Noshima > Finish Up.

2. Hetsugigawa: Memories > Ambush at Mimikawa > The Last Stand > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Saica Stronghold > Nakatomigawa Fortress >Finish Up.

3. Osaka: Winter > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Kaerikumo Castle > Flooding Ueda Castle > Battle of Kannagawa > Headstrong at Kubota > Finish Up.

4. Hetsugigawa: Memories > Ambush at Mimikawa > The Last Stand > Escape to Odawara Castle > Cliffs of Mikatagahara > Flooding Ueda Castle > Kawanakajima Tundra > Finish Up.

Tsuruhime - 7

[spoiler= Tsuruhime]1. Hetsugigawa: Memories > Mines of Ishigakibaru > Osaka: Winter > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Saica Stronghold > Gassantoda Castle > Battle of Itsukushima > Cliffs of Mikatagahara > Finish Up.

2. Accept Motochika’s Challenge > Cliffs of Mikatagahara > Odawara Castle > Dragon Race at Oshu > Kawanakajima Tundra > Kaerikumo Castle > Siege of Karasu Castle > Ambush at Mimikawa > Hetsugigawa: Memories > Pirates of Noshima

Yoshitsugu Otani - 5

[spoiler= Yoshitsugu]1. Battle of Itsukushima > Siege of Karasu Castle > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Finish Up.

2. Saica Stronghold > Battle of Tetorigawa > Kawanakajima Tundra > Siege of Hasedo Castle > Odawara Castle > Battle of Kannagawa > Finish Up.

Edited by Maldron
Yellow was Horrible!

Keiji Maeda – 7

[spoiler= Keiji]1. Battle of Tetorigawa > Kaerikumo Castle > Saica Stronghold > Cliffs of Mikatagahara > Finish Up.

2. Battle of Tetorigawa > Kaerikumo Castle > Saica Stronghold > Osaka: Winter > Finish Up BLUE - 2

3. Battle of Tetorigawa > Kaerikumo Castle > Saica Stronghold > Osaka: Winter > Finish Up GREEN.

4. Ambush at Mimikawa > Hetsugigawa: Memories > Battle of Itsukushima > Gassantoda Castle > Osaka: Winter > Finish Up.

Yoshihiro Shimazu - 9

[spoiler= Shimazu]1. Mines of Ishigakibaru > Battle of Itsukushima > Gassantoda Castle > Siege of Karasu Castle > Osaka: Winter > Saica Stronghold > Finish Up.

2. The Last Stand > Mines of Ishigakibaru > Hetsugigawa: Memories > Mt. Osore > Siege of Hasedo Castle > Headstrong at Kubota > Odawara Castle > Finish Up.

3. The Last Stand > Hetsugigawa: Memories > Finish Up - 2.

4. Ultimate Samurai Challenge Route - Two Unmissable.

Motochika Chosokabe - 6

[spoiler= Motochika]1. Battle at Noshima > Battle of Itsukushima > Mines of Ishigakibaru > Finish Up.

2. Saica Stronghold > Mt. Osore > Siege of Hasedo Castle > Battle of Kannagawa > Finish Up GREEN - 2.

3. Saica Stronghold > Mt. Osore > Siege of Hasedo Castle > Battle of Kannagawa > Finish Up BLUE - 2.

Kotaro Fuma - 7

[spoiler= Kotaro]1. Cliffs of Mikatagahara > Mt. Osore > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Dragon Race at Oshu > Mines of Ishigakibaru > Flooding Ueda Castle > Battle at Noshima > Finish Up.

2. Battle at Noshima > Nakatomigawa Fortress > Osaka: Winter > Cliffs of Mikatagahara > Finish Up - 2.

3. Battle at Noshima > Battle of Itsukushima > Gassantoda Castle > Finish Up.

Motonari Mori - 4

[spoiler= Motonari]1. Mines of Ishigakibaru > Finish Up. - 2

2. Cease Fire > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Kawanakajima Tundra > Finish Up.

3. Cease Fire > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Flooding Ueda Castle > Finish Up.

Tadakatsu Honda- 4

[spoiler= Tadakatsu]1. Siege of Hasedo Castle > Mt. Osore > Kawanakajima Tundra > Battle of Kannagawa > Finish Up.

2. Battle at Noshima > Nakatomigawa Fortress > Saica Stronghold > Finish Up.

3. Battle at Noshima > Nakatomigawa Fortress > Osaka: Winter > Finish Up.

4. Ultimate Samurai Challenge Route

Oichi - 8

[spoiler= Oichi]1. Kaerikumo Castle > Cliffs of Mikatagahara > Flooding Ueda Castle > Odawara Castle > Kawanakajima Tundra > Dragon Race at Oshu > Finish Up.

2. Mt. Osore > Chase Tenkai at Siege of Karasu Castle > Incident at Honno-ji

3. Kaerikumo Castle > Osaka: Winter > Gassantoda Castle > Battle of Itsukushima > Mines of Ishigakibaru > Finish Up.

4. Ambush at Mimikawa > Hetsugigawa: Memories > Battle at Noshima > Finish Up.

Nobunaga Oda - 4

[spoiler= Nobunaga]1. Blue Route

2. Green Route

3. Red Route -2

Edited by Maldron
Yellow was Horrible!

Thanks for the guide.

Yup you unlock Kanbe's green route after you complete the blue and do you know which level or which character to get Hanzo Hattori because isnt he suppose to help find fugitives and i can never find them anywhere so i kinda want to get him asap for that trophy.

Edited by Wolfbane

After going through everybody once, I'd recommend that repeat runs be done with Sunglasses and Cup of Glory equipped. Sunglasses increases your XP gain by 50%, and Cup of Glory doubles what you get from stage bonuses. 1000 XP bonuses become 2500XP bonuses, which is a significant increase just for some of the most basic work - and most stages have base bonuses greater than 1000. I'd also recommend an XP Infusion+ ally, because Perfect XP is unrealistic for story mode.

All in all, I'd also recommend playing on Normal unless you're playing a Dark Element character, because I've found that playing hard with anything else ends up being a lot less kills in a lot more time. Still, Sunglasses and Cup of Glory have got most of the characters I'm working through to at least level seventy by the time I'm through with their personal accessories.

I've been editing the guide a lot, but not too much has changed overall. I did manage to reduce Tsuruhime's runs from three to two, which is great because her voice is the only real sore spot in this title.

Edited by Maldron

Not at all, thanks for plugging it to begin with! I don't exactly qualify for guide stickies as it is.

Well, I've officially used my own guide to earn this Gold Trophy, so I'm gonna say it has been written properly. That isn't to say I didn't second guess myself when reading through it, but whatever. I'm a big critic of my own work.

You don't need to finish a battle after you have all 100 for the trophy to pop, you can also get the trophy if your 100th ally is earned on the final stage of a Heroes' Story playthrough. I think it only checks for trophy completion at the end of a battle and at the end of a story playthrough, which is why this works.

Still, I've got several more times to go through the story mode after this. Wish me luck, and good luck to all of you still plugging away!

Motochika Chosokabe - 6

1. Battle at Noshima > Battle of Itsukushima > Mines of Ishigakibaru > Finish Up.

2. Saica Stronghold > Mt. Osore > Siege of Hasedo Castle > Battle of Kannagawa > Finish Up GREEN - 2.

3. Saica Stronghold > Mt. Osore > Siege of Hasedo Castle > Battle of Kannagawa > Finish Up BLUE - 2.

Kotaro Fuma - 7

1. Cliffs of Mikatagahara > Mt. Osore > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Dragon Race at Oshu > Mines of Ishigakibaru > Flooding Ueda Castle > Battle at Noshima > Finish Up.

2. Battle at Noshima > Nakatomigawa Fortress > Osaka: Winter > Cliffs of Mikatagahara > Finish Up - 2.

3. Battle at Noshima > Battle of Itsukushima > Gassantoda Castle > Finish Up.

Motonari Mori - 4

1. Mines of Ishigakibaru > Finish Up. - 2

2. Cease Fire > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Kawanakajima Tundra > Finish Up.

3. Cease Fire > Kanegasaki Nightmare > Flooding Ueda Castle > Finish Up.

Nobunaga Oda - 4

1. Blue Route

2. Green Route

3. Red Route -2

The ''Finish Up. - 2'', what the ''- 2'' supposed to mean?

• 4 weeks later...
Magoichi Saica - 4

2. Battle of Tetorigawa > Kaerikumo Castle > Osaka: Winter > Nakatomigawa Fortress > Gassantoda Castle > Battle at Noshima > Battle of Itsukushima > Ambush at Mimikawa > Finish Up.

I think there a error here because I did ''Battle at Noshima'' and my only option now is ''Ambush at Mimikawa'', no ''Battle at Itsukushima''.

I need a confirmation if its was Battle of Noshima or Battle at Itshukushima that was needed before Ambush at Mimikawa...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE: Corrected some names.

In case someone (like me) already has a lot of allies and is looking for an ally list by name, here it is...

Yoshitsugu

Asakura Yoshikage - Red/Kanegasaki (Bitter Dream)

Kikkawa Motoharu - Red/Itsukushima

Katou Danzou - Blue/Kawanakajima

Haga Takatsugu - Blue/Kannagawa

Mouri Motonari - Blue/Clear Route

Ieyasu

Isono Kazumasa - Red/Kanegasaki (Retreat) (Oichi's purple route must be cleared)

Suzuki Shigekane - Red/Saika Base

Date Masamune - Red/Oushuu

Pitcher Hirano - Blue/Hetsugigawa (Memories)

Yamagata Masakage - Blue/Osaka Summer (Red)

Anegakoji Koretsuna - Blue/Kaerikumo

Kouno Michinao - Purple/Noshima (Ocean)

Shimazu Iehisa - Green/Mimigawa

Motonari

Amago Haruhisa - Red/Gassan-Toda

Kobayakawa Hideaki - Red/Clear Route

Shimura Akiyasu - Blue/Hasedou

Date Shigezane - Blue/Oshu

Oichi

Uchigashima Ujino - Red/Kaerikumo

Oniniwa Yoshinao - Red/Oshu

Ankokuji Ekei - Blue/Itsukushima

Otani Yoshitsugu - Blue/Osaka Winter

Kuroda Nagamasa - Blue/Ishigakibara

Kurushima Michifusa - Green/Noshima (Ocean)

Nanbu Harumasa - Green/Osorezan

Shibata Katsuie - Purple/Clear Route

Kotaro

Ii Naomasa - Red/Mikatagahara

Kirigakure Saizou - Red/Ueda (Flood)

Tsuruhime - Red/Noshima (Ocean)

Sanada Yukimura - Blue/Osaka Summer (Red)

Sarutobi Sasuke - Blue/Osaka Summer (Red)

Hattori Hanzou - Blue/Mikatagahara

Yamanaka Shikanosuke - Blue/Gassan-Toda

Motochika

Gotou Matabei- Red/Ishigakibara

Kita Nobuchika - Blue/Osorezan

Tokugawa Ieyasu - Blue/Clear Route

Hojo Tsunashige - Blue/Odawara

Ishida Mitsunari - Green/Osaka Winter

Moniwa Tsunamoto - Green/Ueda (Dragon)

Tadakatsu

Tiger - Red/Kannagawa

Inaba Masanari - Blue/Karasu castle

Satake Yoshimasa - Blue/Saika Base

Shimazu Yoshihiro - Brown/Mimigawa

Yukimura

Uesugi Kenshin - Red/Kawanakajima

Utsunomiya Hirotsuna - Red/Kannagawa

Ukita Hideie - Blue/Osaka Winter

Kira Chikasada - Blue/Nakatomigawa

Kobayakawa Takakage - Blue/Itsukushima

Shimazu Toshihisa - Blue/Mimigawa

Gamou Ujisato - Honnouji/Clear Route

Tsuruhime

Fuuma Kotarou - Red/Mikatagahara

Oichi - Red/Kanegasaki (Nightmare)

Kasuga - Blue/Kawanakajima

Catcher Moriguchi - Blue/Hetsugigawa (Memories)

Todo Takatora - Blue/Mikatagahara

Hiraoka Yorikatsu - Blue/Karasu castle

Hojo Ujinao - Blue/Odawara

Kanbe

Oono Naoshige - Red/Noshima (Ocean)

Fukudome Chikamasa - Red (bottom part)/Nakatomigawa

Oota Sukemasa - Blue/Kubota

Shioya Akisada - Blue/Kaerikumo

Yamamoto Kansuke - Green/Ueda (Flood)

Onikojima Yatarou - Green/Kawanakajima

Hojo Ujimasa - Green/Clear Route

Mitsunari

Chousokabe Motochika - Red/Nakatomigawa

Ootomo Sorin - Blue/Hetsugigawa (3 Heroes)

Satake Yoshishige - Blue/Kubota

Naoe Kanetsugu - Blue/Kawanakajima

Haga Takasada - Blue/Kannagawa

Murai Nagayori - Blue/Tedorigawa

Masamune

Sakenobu Hidetsuna - Red/Hasedou

Katakura Kojurou - Red/Clear Route

Ohafuri Yasukatsu - Blue/Noshima (Ocean)

Saika Magaroku - Blue/Saika Base

Makabe Ujimoto - Purple/Kubota

Mogami Yoshiaki - Green or Purple/Hasedou

Magoichi

Okumura Nagatomi - Red/Tedorigawa

Maeda Keiji - Red/Kawanakajima

Chousokabe Nobuchika - Blue/Nakatomigawa

Niiro Tadamoto - Blue/Mimigawa

Yoshihiro

Gamou Yorisato - Red/Osaka Winter

Shimizu Muneharu - Red/Itsukushima

Suzuki Shigetomo - Red/Saika Base

Hojo Nagatsuna - Blue/Odawara

Tani Tadasumi - Brown/Noshima (Pirates)

Honda Tadakatsu - Brown/Mikatagahara

Feather Chubu - Green/Hetsugigawa (Memories)

Kuroda Kanbei - Green/Clear Route

Tachibana Muneshige - Green/Clear Route

Keiji

Sakai Tadatsugu - Red/Mikatagahara

Fairy Mutou - Red or Purple/Hetsugigawa (Memories)

Maeda Toshiie - Blue/Clear Route

Matsu - Blue/Clear Route

Yokoji Hyogonosuke - Purple/Gassan-Toda

Shima Sakon - Purple/Osaka Winter

Saika Magoichi - Green/Clear Route

Nobunaga

Mai Hyogo - Red/Osaka Winter

Tenkai - Red/Clear Route

Kunohe Masazane - Blue/Osorezan

Fukubara Sadatoshi - Green/Itsukushima

Oda Nobunaga - Unlock all other bodyguards

Edited by Shirokurou