Basara 4 confirmed to be releasing for the PS3 in 2014

Sengoku Basara 4 has been announced*|*STFUandPlay

Sengoku Basara 4 announced for PlayStation 3 - Gematsu

Japanese teaser trailer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S65_P4Y6djs]Sengoku Basara 4 - Teaser Trailer - PS3 (JP) - YouTube[/ame]

Few years ago when they announced Basara 3 I was totally excited, but after spending 200 hours platinum'ing Basara 3 and then find out they're re-releasing it as Basara 3 Utage I was totally infuriated .....

This time I'm gonna play safe, if this Basara 4 have less than 20 playable characters, I might skip it and wait till Crapcom releases the actual full edition.

At least we don't see Wii on the list of platforms, this time its PS3 only so no more BullShit with MT Framework LITE engine. Real 7th generation graphics, thats some good news .....

Edited by doomgun

I'm actually glad Capcom is skipping out on the Wii and made this a PS3 exclusive this time, even though I'm saddened by the fact that Sengoku Basara isn't popular in the United States, but I hope that will change when Basara 4 comes out.

If we do see a localization for the game, I'll love to see dual-audio incorporated to the game in case I find the Japanese voices to be better than the English voices (Masamune's Engrish in the Japanese version is amazing IMO).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Capcom has just roll out a few new characters in their official site:

CAPCOM???BASARA4 | ?????4 ????? | ????

The two on the left, as you would have noticed, are returning protagonist Date Masamune and his new arch rival Ishida Mitsunari. The person located in the middle is Shima Sakon, which actually made an appearance in Basara 3 as a "trash mob with a unique name" type of character, which can be found in the starting section of Mitsunari's home stage: Osaka (Winter). Historically Sakon is actually a quite important character and is one of Mistunari's most trusted lieutenants, and I felt they should've included him as one of the characters (either playable or at the very least an enemy boss with his own unique character model)

Next to Shima Sakon is Shibata Katsuie, and then to his right is Ashikaga Yoshiteru. The official sites also mentions a more detailed list of characters will be released on July 11th.

Thats it for now. IMO Shima Sakon's design looks some what like the "red" version of Takenaka Hanbei (which was only playable in Basara 2).

Masamune's Engrish in the Japanese version is amazing IMO.

Masamune's Engrish is one of the key elements that distinguishes the Basara series from Dynasty / Samurai Warriors series, and its also why this particular character is more popular than the Samurai Warrior's version of Date Masamune. :D

I hope it comes to Europe. Still keep meaning to import the HD Collection. I wish there were as many Sengoku Basara games released in the west as there are Dynasty Warriors games.

After playing the Basara series I just can't go back to whatever Warriors series anymore. It's like the difference of once you've gotten used to widescreen HD TV you just can't go back to the shit-box CRT TVs anymore. :p

Edited by doomgun

I'd play the shit out of this. I loved Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes and even imported Utage and loved it. I am still contemplating importing the HD collection of the first two so I can try some of the older characters, but I am hesitant because it includes both SB2 and SB2: Heroes which seems slightly redundant (I'd have preferred just Heroes) and I think all three of them are grindfests as far as trophies go, and three is a few too many for that kind of thing in my book.

That said however, I am totally on board for this. I would welcome another game with open arms. I am pessimistic about a western release because I'm worried Capcom doesn't see a strong enough audience for this outside Japan. I want more Johnny Yong Bosch Yukimura and more Dante (Reuben Langdon) Masamune.

I also hope Matsunaga makes a return. I really, really liked playing him in Utage.

• 5 weeks later...

Quick update: Hideyoshi Toyotomi and Hanbei Takenaka Confirmed to return in SB4. Tag mode is also confirmed to be in the game since returning in Utage. No word on a release date or overseas confirmation.

Edited by Kyotaros

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After spending so much time with this game (200 hours by now) I must admit SB:Samurai Heroes has won a bit of my heart. I'd like to see more of this saga in the west, but seems to me this is the Yakuza from Capcom... a game that sells well there and does poor sales here. A pity as I would love to play the sequel.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...