XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > S (PS3) > Sengoku Basara 3 Utage

Old 07-27-2011, 04:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Jack of All Trades   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Default Sengoku Basara 3 Utage announced. (Japan only)

Sengoku Basara 3 Utage Official website

NPC now playable with their moveset re-worked:
Tenkai
Sorin
Muneshige
Sasuke
Kojuro
Hideaki
Yoshiaki

Sengoku Basara 2 NPC now playable!
Matsunaga Hisahide

Sadly, with the low sale of Samurai Heroes outside of Japan, there slim chance this will be ported. Especially when a North America Capcom employee replied with:

Christian Svensson of North America Capcom responded:
Sorry mate. Basara is Japan-focused and meant only for that territory.

Later he said:
Guys, I understand your interest and passion for the title, but there's no way you're going to convince me that a significant enough number of people are going to buy a Basara title in North America at a reasonable price point. We've tried twice now across two generations.

We released the last Basara title in two SKUs at budget price points ($29.99 SRP). There's no way you're going to convert the last outting's performance, regardless of what shortcomings you perceive, into a 6X - 8X performance in revenue for future titles.

Not every title that's made needs to be released in the West if the game has a sustainable base in Japan.

You can always try to voice your want for this at Capcom:

Capcom official Sengoku Basara forum:
Capcom Unity - Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes forum

Someone trying to assemble many fans to show Capcom we care about this series:
Capcom Unity - Ask Capcom forum

Last edited by HiryuMK; 02-12-2013 at 11:36 PM.
HiryuMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Nobody in North America says "mate." This ain't Australia. I call shenanigans on that.

Anyway, of course games that take place in Japan should only be released in Japan. That's why Dynasty Warriors is only released in China, right? That's why Prince of Persia is only released in Iran, right? And releasing Samurai Heroes in North America was just an accident right?

I know no more Sengoku Basara games are ever going to be released in North America, but can't they at least be honest about the reason? Someone needs to tell Christian to grow a pair and admit they don't want to spend money on localization when sales numbers are poor, not because Japan games are for Japan.

I hate being lied to.

Platinums (45)
MY ALBUM OF PLATINUMS
^Click^

First to platinum Bakugan: Defenders of the Core on ps3t.org
First to platinum Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (North America version) on ps3t.org
TIDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

I hate how japan ignores how many fans they have, koei does it, capcom does it..
who do they think they are?
Calamaistr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Jack of All Trades   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5

He could be a Australian who moved to the US to work for Capcom... and he a well known employee among Street Fighters & VS. series fans.

Doesn't help the topic trying to help Sengoku Basara 3 is probably buried in the million of ''Bring Mega Man back'' topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIDQ View Post
Nobody in North America says "mate." This ain't Australia. I call shenanigans on that.

Anyway, of course games that take place in Japan should only be released in Japan. That's why Dynasty Warriors is only released in China, right? That's why Prince of Persia is only released in Iran, right? And releasing Samurai Heroes in North America was just an accident right?

I know no more Sengoku Basara games are ever going to be released in North America, but can't they at least be honest about the reason? Someone needs to tell Christian to grow a pair and admit they don't want to spend money on localization when sales numbers are poor, not because Japan games are for Japan.

I hate being lied to.
TIDQ, mind I quote what you said and post it in Capcom's forum? I agreed their reasons is simply stupid. They did the same thing for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Spectator and Frank West causing lag in the game) but are added in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3...

Last edited by HiryuMK; 07-27-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I do not mind. Feel free to pass that along.

Platinums (45)
MY ALBUM OF PLATINUMS
^Click^

First to platinum Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (North America version) on ps3t.org
Old 07-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

They opened a Facebook page to show Capcom many fans want the game. If anyone care to join it.

Bring Sengoku Basara 3 Utage to the West | Facebook

I personally never believed in this kind of stuff. If the fan's voices didn't manage to bring Mega Man in UMvC3, this have more chance to not come.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Veritas7Ax

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I heard about this and was all

Then I heard it has a slim chance of making it to the west and was all

I hope that it happens. I've never ported a game (though I've thought about it on several occasions) but I might do so if I had to for this one. Hopefully it won't be necessary, if by some luck it gets a western release.

Also, I've heard (but I don't think I heard "officially") that there's going to be 30 characters total, meaning they're adding 14. So aside from the eight alright mentioned, there should be six more. I'm assuming Kenshin, Kasuga, possibly Toshiie/Matsu, maybe Hojo. Shingen could be a longshot possibility too.

Veritas7Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

I hate to bring bad news... but I think we can forget about this game being released outside of Japan...

Christian Svensson replied again and says we can't convince Capcom because of the low sale and that they gave us two chances to show Capcom if the series can be successful (Devil King & Samurai Heroes).

Christian Svensson: Guys, I understand your interest and passion for the title, but there's no way you're going to convince me that a significant enough number of people are going to buy a Basara title in North America at a reasonable price point. We've tried twice now across two generations.

We released the last Basara title in two SKUs at budget price points ($29.99 SRP). There's no way you're going to convert the last outting's performance, regardless of what shortcomings you perceive, into a 6X - 8X performance in revenue for future titles.

Not every title that's made needs to be released in the West if the game has a sustainable base in Japan.

Again in the same topic in Capcom's official forum:
Capcom-Unity Forum - Ask Capcom

Last edited by HiryuMK; 07-29-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Veritas7Ax

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Hey HiryuMK, random but, are you SonicGuile on GFAQs?

Just wondering because of your avatar & sig

Veritas7Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

There's probably more than one person out there who likes Guile, heh.

Imagining this game with 30 characters instead of 16 is like taking a 200 hour platinum and making it 400 hours. Now that will take some dedication.

Capcom shouldn't hold the sales of Devil Kings against us, because that was one of the worst localization "efforts" in history.

Platinums (45)
MY ALBUM OF PLATINUMS
^Click^