Sengoku Basara 3 Utage announced. (Japan only)

Sengoku Basara 3 Utage Official website

NPC now playable with their moveset re-worked:

Tenkai

Sorin

Muneshige

Sasuke

Kojuro

Hideaki

Yoshiaki

Sengoku Basara 2 NPC now playable!

Matsunaga Hisahide

Sadly, with the low sale of Samurai Heroes outside of Japan, there slim chance this will be ported. Especially when a North America Capcom employee replied with:

Christian Svensson of North America Capcom responded:

Sorry mate. Basara is Japan-focused and meant only for that territory.

Later he said:

Guys, I understand your interest and passion for the title, but there's no way you're going to convince me that a significant enough number of people are going to buy a Basara title in North America at a reasonable price point. We've tried twice now across two generations.

We released the last Basara title in two SKUs at budget price points ($29.99 SRP). There's no way you're going to convert the last outting's performance, regardless of what shortcomings you perceive, into a 6X - 8X performance in revenue for future titles.

Not every title that's made needs to be released in the West if the game has a sustainable base in Japan.

You can always try to voice your want for this at Capcom:

Capcom official Sengoku Basara forum:

Capcom Unity - Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes forum

Someone trying to assemble many fans to show Capcom we care about this series:

Capcom Unity - Ask Capcom forum

Edited by AegisAvenger

Nobody in North America says "mate." This ain't Australia. I call shenanigans on that.

Anyway, of course games that take place in Japan should only be released in Japan. That's why Dynasty Warriors is only released in China, right? That's why Prince of Persia is only released in Iran, right? And releasing Samurai Heroes in North America was just an accident right?

I know no more Sengoku Basara games are ever going to be released in North America, but can't they at least be honest about the reason? Someone needs to tell Christian to grow a pair and admit they don't want to spend money on localization when sales numbers are poor, not because Japan games are for Japan.

I hate being lied to.

He could be a Australian who moved to the US to work for Capcom... and he a well known employee among Street Fighters & VS. series fans.

Doesn't help the topic trying to help Sengoku Basara 3 is probably buried in the million of ''Bring Mega Man back'' topics.

Nobody in North America says "mate." This ain't Australia. I call shenanigans on that.

Anyway, of course games that take place in Japan should only be released in Japan. That's why Dynasty Warriors is only released in China, right? That's why Prince of Persia is only released in Iran, right? And releasing Samurai Heroes in North America was just an accident right?

I know no more Sengoku Basara games are ever going to be released in North America, but can't they at least be honest about the reason? Someone needs to tell Christian to grow a pair and admit they don't want to spend money on localization when sales numbers are poor, not because Japan games are for Japan.

I hate being lied to.

TIDQ, mind I quote what you said and post it in Capcom's forum? I agreed their reasons is simply stupid. They did the same thing for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Spectator and Frank West causing lag in the game) but are added in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3...

Edited by AegisAvenger

They opened a Facebook page to show Capcom many fans want the game. If anyone care to join it.

Bring Sengoku Basara 3 Utage to the West | Facebook

I personally never believed in this kind of stuff. If the fan's voices didn't manage to bring Mega Man in UMvC3, this have more chance to not come.

I heard about this and was all :D

Then I heard it has a slim chance of making it to the west and was all :(

I hope that it happens. I've never ported a game (though I've thought about it on several occasions) but I might do so if I had to for this one. Hopefully it won't be necessary, if by some luck it gets a western release.

Also, I've heard (but I don't think I heard "officially") that there's going to be 30 characters total, meaning they're adding 14. So aside from the eight alright mentioned, there should be six more. I'm assuming Kenshin, Kasuga, possibly Toshiie/Matsu, maybe Hojo. Shingen could be a longshot possibility too.

I hate to bring bad news... but I think we can forget about this game being released outside of Japan...

Christian Svensson replied again and says we can't convince Capcom because of the low sale and that they gave us two chances to show Capcom if the series can be successful (Devil King & Samurai Heroes).

Christian Svensson: Guys, I understand your interest and passion for the title, but there's no way you're going to convince me that a significant enough number of people are going to buy a Basara title in North America at a reasonable price point. We've tried twice now across two generations.

We released the last Basara title in two SKUs at budget price points ($29.99 SRP). There's no way you're going to convert the last outting's performance, regardless of what shortcomings you perceive, into a 6X - 8X performance in revenue for future titles.

Not every title that's made needs to be released in the West if the game has a sustainable base in Japan.

Again in the same topic in Capcom's official forum:

Capcom-Unity Forum - Ask Capcom

Edited by AegisAvenger

There's probably more than one person out there who likes Guile, heh.

Imagining this game with 30 characters instead of 16 is like taking a 200 hour platinum and making it 400 hours. Now that will take some dedication.

Capcom shouldn't hold the sales of Devil Kings against us, because that was one of the worst localization "efforts" in history.

There's probably more than one person out there who likes Guile, heh.

Imagining this game with 30 characters instead of 16 is like taking a 200 hour platinum and making it 400 hours. Now that will take some dedication.

Capcom shouldn't hold the sales of Devil Kings against us, because that was one of the worst localization "efforts" in history.

True, definitely true. I just wondered if it was too good to be a coincidence since on a the PS3 forum of GFAQs a user named SonicGuile posted the same info about Capcom saying it's not coming to the west.

True, definitely true. I just wondered if it was too good to be a coincidence since on a the PS3 forum of GFAQs a user named SonicGuile posted the same info about Capcom saying it's not coming to the west.

Yes, its me in GameFAQs. I am just spreading the info in case their other fans who want to voice to Capcom about that situation.

Especially when they ignore all posts saying they gave no effort to hype the game with no advertisements.

Edited by AegisAvenger

Yes, its me in GameFAQs. I am just spreading the info in case their other fans who want to voice to Capcom about that situation.

Especially when they ignore all posts saying they gave no effort to hype the game with no advertisements.

Ah, cool, cool. Good work too, I agree with you. I posted as Axel7174.

Yeah, not many people reacted the first time. Others seemed to just assume it was coming to the west all along.

I hate how japan ignores how many fans they have, koei does it, capcom does it..

who do they think they are?

A vocal minority does not really equal a lot of fans. The interest in these type of games has went down considerably over the past few years. So this move is no surprise.

I mean as far as Koei goes, it sounds like not only will we not get more Samurai Warriors but it sounds like they're considering keeping Dynasty Warriors 7 XL Japan only.

Believe me, it's not that this doesn't bother me because it does. Importing a game and having no idea what's being said just takes a large chunk of the fun out.

If you think there are any companies that aren't making games for the money, you're lying to yourself.

But you know this definitely should have been DLC instead of a stand alone game, because this being a whole new game is far worse then what they did with the fighting games. This game takes an absurd amount of time to complete and to expect anyone to do that all over again?

If you think there are any companies that aren't making games for the money, you're lying to yourself.

But you know this definitely should have been DLC instead of a stand alone game, because this being a whole new game is far worse then what they did with the fighting games. This game takes an absurd amount of time to complete and to expect anyone to do that all over again?

I would gladly spend another 200 hours in it for Platinum and Disc > Digital Download garbage.

I liked the Facebook page and post a message about my thinkings with the work of Capcom USA with Sengoku Basara franchise...

Sengoku Basara franchise started in United States with a big error... they translated Sengoku Basara to Devil Kings and since that the franchise got terrible ports... Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes only for Wii in this side of the Word... Sengoku BAsara Samurai Heroes without DUAL AUDIO :| Shame Crapcom Shame!

Sengoku Basara 3 Utage Official website

NPC now playable with their moveset re-worked:

Tenkai

Sorin

Muneshige

Sasuke

Kojuro

Hideaki

Yoshiaki

Sengoku Basara 2 NPC now playable!

Matsunaga Hisahide

Sadly, with the low sale of Samurai Heroes outside of Japan, there slim chance this will be ported. Especially when a North America Capcom employee replied with:

Christian Svensson of North America Capcom responded:

Sorry mate. Basara is Japan-focused and meant only for that territory.

You can always try to voice your want for this at Capcom:

Capcom official Sengoku Basara forum:

Capcom Unity - Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes forum

Someone trying to assemble many fans to show Capcom we care about this series:

Capcom Unity - Ask Capcom forum

Now this is bad news. This game has some awesome NPCs. I always wanted to play as Muneshige and the others listed sound like they'd be fun too (Sasuke I got to play as in the first game in the series which was horribly Americanized when it was ported over). Hopefully they change their minds and do a port, because I'd really like to play this.

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes Sales (PS3) at gamrReview

It's hard to argue with their decision when you look at the numbers. It still hasn't broken 71K units sold, even at a bargain price point. Heck, the wii didn't break 38K. I enjoyed the game too, but factoring in the units sold in america, the cost of all the new voice work, all the new licenses? The cost is prohibitive.

I wrote to them and they said there's no plans :(. I'm hoping they'll change their mind. I heard the game is going to be on a region free. With that, we have a chance to play it, but, I unfortunately need an English version. If it's in English then all I'd have to do is hunt down a copy. :D