Trouble on Lake Side track

• 2 weeks later...

What I did was prevent the AI from breaking out into first at the beginning all together. Even tho he is scripted to take 1st right as you start I found out if you swerve left and right in front of him as you take off and slightly past the first left turn you can keep the 1st place lead going because that scripted section is quite short and he no longer gets that super boost if you keep him back there. I was using the Peugeot and it was on AT as well, doubt the car matters tho as they all seem the same speed wise.

Edited by TheNukes

• 1 month later...

I was having a helluva time with this trophy; it was really hard to get 1st place, and even then the timer had so little slack left it was over fairly quick on lakeside. Seems like Sega put the biggest effort of this game into the game over screen. :( Anyhow, it turned out I had left the difficulty on Arcade :o, and as soon as I realized and changed it to Casual, this was easy (since I had practiced it on Arcade). I happened to use the Mitsubishi with Manual transmission.

What I did was prevent the AI from breaking out into first at the beginning all together. Even tho he is scripted to take 1st right as you start I found out if you swerve left and right in front of him as you take off and slightly past the first left turn you can keep the 1st place lead going because that scripted section is quite short and he no longer gets that super boost if you keep him back there.

Thanks so much for posting that. While I didn't completely block him, I gave him enough of a weave that he didn't get too far ahead, and I was ahead of him in the first lap. Thankfully didn't crash as much as I expected to and maintained that lead for the rest of the match! Finally got to see Sega's masterpiece of an ending; which was mainly them showing off the game over screen again. :facepalm:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...