Rate the trophy difficulty.  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy.
    • 10 - Very hard.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.52

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• 4 weeks later...

Normally I wouldn't vote until I would of finished but I'm going to give it a 3.

I've been playing it for 4 hours & have 4 trophies left.

One of them is a slight bit difficult (the trophy is called finish & you have to finish all tracks in quick race on arcade difficulty) as you change the difficulty to arcade it seems to turn the a.i into annoying rubberband morons.

Other than that it's a fun game, had some fun online races aswell :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure how difficult it actually is, but I had a bit of trouble beating the guy around Lakeside. I also did everything in manual, and started going through the races on Arcade mode winning them with each car... which was totally unnecessary. So I'm guessing that it's a bit easier than I made it, but I still think it has some difficulty to it. For people expecting an arcade racer that you don't have to brake on this will prove quite challenging. I was the first person in the Platinum club for GT5, so I didn't have any trouble with that. It doesn't take long, but that's not what makes something easy or difficult. It is very short, but still about a 5 difficulty (maybe 7 with the way I was doing it lol).

Definitely a 3. The only reason it gets that is because the Lakeside track on Arcade difficulty can and will give folks a run for their money, due to how the A.I. is on that setting. Everything else is cake.

Don't average it down because the rest are easy... this is for beating it at 100%, which means all that you can base it on is the hardest trophy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I didn't vote, it's been a while since I beat the main game, but I think the only real barrier to 100% is Lakeside.

I don't remember there being much difference between the 2 difficulty settings but both definitely have rubber-banding in Lakeside.

Manual Transmission helps a lot. I say that as someone who usually sticks with Automatic.

It's not hard to use in this game, you just need to remember to shift up at the start of races & shift down if your speed drops below about 80MPH which shouldn't be an issue before the 3rd track.

Being able to downshift before sharp turns is extremely useful in Lakeside since colliding with walls seems to make the AI rubber-band even if you don't lose much speed.

After several failed attempts to beat Lakeside with Automatic I got it on my 2nd try with Manual & "Arcade" difficulty only took a few attempts after that.

• 1 year later...