Is this worth it?

• 1 month later...

here's a good review: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lbm7wVgLO4]YouTube - ‪Games Thirst Review: Sega Rally Online Arcade‬‏[/ame]

gave me some doubts, but it's only $15nzd and rallying is always fun so I'm gonna go ahead and buy it.

I've bought the game and after playing it a few nights I can say it is definitely NOT worth it. One of the worst driving games I've ever played. Sega Rally 1 and 2 are lightyears ahead of this game, this is the worst budget game ever.

this game should only be purchased if A: you have plus cuz its 5 bux. B: if you want 12 pretty easy trophies. and C: if youre bored of playing all of your good games. this game is not well done at all. 5 tracks, NO sound effects or music (actually, i DID hear an elephant on one stage. it sounded bored.), all cars handle the same, and all turf drives the same, you dont even slide in snow! Pro Tip tho, on the Alpine stage, theres a guy on a bobsled in the background who is having more fun than you.

EDIT: erm, about the no sound effects thing... i played for 2 hours with just the motor sound. posted that comment, went back to playing, and now it has music and everything. whatever, the rest is still true.

Edited by yowzagabowza

It is a great kids style rally game. It doesn't attempt to be proper in any way. The cars actually do handle differently... slightly. It's also great fun with a wheel while racing your kid. They can play it more easily than Gran Turismo, which makes it a fun game if you have kids. I can understand why an adult with a controller wanting a realistic rally game is disappointed, but even with that there still is some strategy to it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found Burnout Paradise, Midnight Club LA & Modnation Racers to be way more fun than this. This game is just horrible and the whole time felt like grinding. In fact, this game is a testament to why Sega lost the console war. To answer your other questions, online is dead. If they were giving it out free to :psn+: then it might be worth the money.

Edited by TigerLust