first 1000 PS+

stamp37

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the US PS Blog:

The first 1000 PlayStation Plus subscribers to purchase Section 8: Prejudice will receive a free copy of the original Section 8 via *XMB message

*Free game offer ends 8/2/11, original Section 8 game will be sent out via XMB message by 8/12/11.

Source

I don't know if this applies also for the US offfer but the EU PS Blog mentioned an important thing:

*Please remember that you need to be opted in to receive marketing communications to receive this offer or we can’t send you the voucher for the free game. If you’d like to be one of the 1000 people to get section 8 for free, please firstly go into ‘Account Management’, ‘Account Information and ‘Notification Preferences’. Then make sure the top box is ticked to say that you agree to receive information on PlayStation products and services. You can also do this online at playstation.com (don’t worry, you can simply un-tick this after the promotion has finished if you don’t want t receive emails from us.

Source

I got a PSN message:

"Congratulations on being one of the first 1,000 Playstation®Plus Subscribers to purchase Section 8®: Prejudice™. Your valiant efforts have earned you a free copy of the original Section 8®! Now you can see where the conflict began and finish it with prejudice.

To redeem your free copy of Section 8®, please click on the link below."

edit: you need to open the msg when you're not running any game/app and it is a direct link to a free store DL of Section 8. Awesome! :D

Edited by Buster-K

I got a PSN message:

"Congratulations on being one of the first 1,000 Playstation®Plus Subscribers to purchase Section 8®: Prejudice™. Your valiant efforts have earned you a free copy of the original Section 8®! Now you can see where the conflict began and finish it with prejudice.

To redeem your free copy of Section 8®, please click on the link below."

edit: you need to open the msg when you're not running any game/app and it is a direct link to a free store DL of Section 8. Awesome! :D

So you don't get the message when you're in game, or you just can't open the link in game? I bought and DLed the game at 5:32 EST, man i'm going to be disappointed if i didn't get one of the free copies; I must be like number 1002 :(

So you don't get the message when you're in game, or you just can't open the link in game? I bought and DLed the game at 5:32 EST, man i'm going to be disappointed if i didn't get one of the free copies; I must be like number 1002 :(

You can open the msg like any other msg, it's only the link (attachment) that you can't open while in a game (I was playing LBP2 and couldn't open the attachment, so I exited and voila).

I bought my copy really late, I think 1 day before the free DLC deal was going to expire, so don't give your hopes up. I was kinda surprised because I didn't expect to even be among the 1,000 ppl.... don't forget you need to be a PS+ subscriber ;)

You can open the msg like any other msg, it's only the link (attachment) that you can't open while in a game (I was playing LBP2 and couldn't open the attachment, so I exited and voila).

I bought my copy really late, I think 1 day before the free DLC deal was going to expire, so don't give your hopes up. I was kinda surprised because I didn't expect to even be among the 1,000 ppl.... don't forget you need to be a PS+ subscriber ;)

Still no message, just got to keep my fingers crossed i guess. I bought psplus about a week before s8p came out, i'm hoping that's not why i won't get it.

I really hope I get my message. The way I figure it is yes I bought my copy a little later than some but I'm pretty certain I was within the 1000 ps+ subscribers. I bought it when there were 893 people registered as playing it on yourgamercards.net and I figure about 500 of those people have ps+ which may even be a little much. Granted some people who played it definitely don't have cards on ygc.net but I figure the majority of people who invested in ps+ probably have gamercards too.

I'll probably be on the border but I still expect to receive a message.

Plus Buster got his copy later than me and still got a message. And I've had ps+ for like 9 months so purchase date of that shouldn't be an issue (I don't why it would be though).

Stupid Section 8 facebook page won't even let me "like" it so that I can ask who's got the free game yet.

@Jaycee. A guy on the 1st page said he bought his a day before the dlc thing ran out which would be monday. The game really didn't get a whole lot of sales so I don't think EU people have to worry.

Edited by mattybell2117

OK I could be wrong on the day I bought it.... unfortunately the store is down and I can't check the date that I DLed it. More likely it was over the weekend..... I remember my friend recommended it but I took a bit of time before I decided to buy it.

edit: my first trophy was earned on July 31st.

That was a Sunday, 5 days after release. I bought mine on the Saturday of that weekend.

I think it may be alphabetical order. You, a B, got it and Dropeti got his yet me, an M, and zaibas haven't gotten ours yet. Just gotta wait and see I guess.

EDIT: I just remembered that there's maintenance today so I imagine some people's messages got sent out before the ps store went down and some will be sent out later, around 6pm ET is when the store should be back up I think.

Edited by mattybell2117

ok matty, but i hope next time they separate Europe and NA just incase, i am J, so hopefully, should be coming to me soon :) i am impressed with prejudice :)

Ya same, I might even see if someone wants to split the cost of the original if I don't get it for free.

And I actually thought today was the 12th but it obviously wasn't so I'm holding out hopes that I'll get it tomorrow some time.