General Salvador on Hard

This boss can be annoying, as his ground pound EMP strike can kill you in two hits. Add to that the two annoying Infantry soldiers with rocket launchers, and most run-and-gun strategies become worthless.

If you strategically position yourself into one of the side green rooms, however, both he and the Infantry become much easier to deal with. While Salvador's ground pound will still destroy your shield in one shot, you can use the glass wall to protect yourself from the Infantry's rockets. Peek out from cover through the door and pick off the Infantry. Take your time, and recharge your health and shields, as Salvador will not do his EMP ground pound twice in a row to kill you. NOTE: Even if you are using jet pack in the air at the time of the EMP ground pound, the blast will still hit you and knock you to one side. Therefore, I advise NOT trying to avoid the EMP blast by flying. It may knock you into the open doorway where you will be rocket blasted by the Infantry and killed. Also, standing on the computers above ground will not protect you from the blast either. The EMP blast is unavoidable, so just stay on the ground between the computers and take the hit (I know, it is counter-intuitive). The computers will act as buffers to prevent you from being projected into the open doorway and killed by rockets.

Once you have finished off the two Infantry, you are ready to engage General Salvador (AKA Bat Face). Move close to the doorway and attempt to shoot him through the door without leaving the room. He will either move into the open doorway and attempt to throw electricity balls at you, or enter the room and attack you directly. Either way is fine. Just use the computers and glass wall as a barrier between yourself and his attacks. Attack in a circular pattern if forced to leave the room; exit through one door, let him begin to follow, then re-enter on the opposite door of the same room and shoot him in the back. When you take off enough of his health, he will become stunned, and you must rush over to grapple one of the power tubes off his back. Approach Salvador and press :x: to grapple (make sure you are looking directly at him). A short cutscene ensues. You will have to repeat this process four times. Each time you remove one tube, the General will summon two more Rocket-launching Infantry. They appear on opposite sides of the room. You will hear him shout "Advance!" before they appear.

If you are outside the room when this happens, quickly make your way to the other green computer side room. I do not advise rushing an Infantry head-on to kill them; the Kamikaze approach never turned out well for me, even with the shotgun. Just run to the other green room, running by the Supply Depot if you need to resupply.

The two Infantry appeared after the first two tubes were removed. I am not certain if they appear after the third tube is removed, because I had the General cornered in the room at that point and no Infantry appeared.

The General will immediately attack you again after each cutscene. Back up and continue to fire. You do not have to fire a long burst at this point, just enough to keep his shield from recharging. Reload, and continue to use the glass wall and computers as a barrier from his attacks. You can strafe side to side within the room to avoid the attacks also, as he telegraphs every attack I can recall, but I do not recommend this. You may become trapped in a corner. Throw grenades and Det Packs to wear him down, and strafe near the door.

The Loadout I used was Machine Gun with Incendiary rounds, Det Pack Proximity (great for when he chases you), and Napalm Grenades (good for burning him multiple times if he enters the room with you, as he cannot maneuver in the small space). My second gun was either the shotgun or assault rifle, but honestly, I did not even use it once I discovered how to corner the General in the side room. 840 rounds combined with grenades & det packs was enough to kill him.

Edited by poetic_justice_

i got it the 2nd time, i just killed the infantries then focused on him, then infantries then him again. I used the shot gun and machine gun. I think the shotgun was modified with emp while the machine was just rail or fire, cant remember, it was not a struggle, also i had repair with me :)

When the infantries spawn i was running up to them shooting them cause i was avoiding the general

Got it on the first time, with Machine Gun with explosive ammo and Assault Rifle burst ammo. I was just running around the room in circles, and focusing first on the Infantry soldiers. Then Salvador isn't that hard, of course his attack can wipe our shield but it's not deadly at all. Also, that quite surprised me, I removed his 4th module very very quickly after the 3rd. I shot a few bullets and I was able to remove his 4th module at abour 25% of his health left.

Actually I struggled more to defeat his Gunship on mission 6.

But well, the Hard mode of S8P isn't that hard. If you went through Veteran mode of any CoD game (especially WaW) this Hard mode will look like a normal mode.

• 2 weeks later...

I got only 1 playthough in Campagin mode on hard, and last boss was beaten in first try. Nothing hard at all with his fight. About Infantry, i've ignorred them at all (to be honest i saw only 1 soldier during fight O_o). I used Machine gun with EPM bullets for his shield and Shotgun with fire bullets to damage him hardly. Piece of Cake :)

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but since it is still on the first page, I'm gonna post.

Salvador on Hard can be bested with one weapon: Machine gun w/ Incendiary rounds. As soon as the rocket launcher guys appear, run from Salvador and take the two infantry guys out. Then turn your fire on Salvador until the grapple prompt appears. Rinse and repeat. The repair tool comes in handy too.