What do people think about this game is it worth a buy?

Have you played/enjoyed the following games?

River City Ransom

Double Dragon

Streets of Rage

Golden Axe

Castle Crashers

TMNT: Arcade Game or Turtles in Time

The Simpsons Arcade Game

X-men Arcade Game

etc.

If you have, then you'll know what you're getting from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

It plays just like those classics used too, they haven't changed much at all so don't expect revolutionary new gameplay. It's a simple brawler, with some light RPG elements, an excellent old school soundtrack and cool 16-bit type graphics. Most importantly the game is fun, especially if you can find a friend (or 3) to play it with you.

Also, if you're fan of the comics you'll probably get even more enjoyment out of it but it's not required.

Hope that helps.

If you have played old school games in the past, then get it. It brought back lovely memories of playing TMNT and The Simpsons at the local arcades when I was a little kid. And the stage/map/character designs also brought back nostalgic feelings of playing Super Mario 3 and Mega Man on my NES as well.

I've been reading different boards and a lot of people online have mixed feelings on the game due to the controls. But honestly, when you start upgrading your character (especially the speed stat), things become less blocky and stiff during fights. I feel it's stiffly designed on purpose, but that's probably just me. Also, I'd suggest reading the comics. I've only read Volume One, but it did help the flow of understanding what was going on during the game.

I have to agree with the above posters. If you like side scrollers like Final Fight, Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Marvel side scrollers like the punisher, X-men and TMNT/The Simpsons etc then you will go nuts for this. Also if you like chiptune music you will really appreciate the soundtrack. As another poster said reading the comic is not essential but fans of the book will really get a kick out of the way the story is portrayed. I love the book and I really feel that ubisoft did the series justice.

I recommend this game but it is kind of hard. I put it on the easiest difficulty and I still die a lot.I ordered it fromhttp://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.202892000/Scott-Pilgrim-Vs-The-World-The-Game.html

If you put the code 10THANKS,you get 10 percent off for the total being 8.99. They also include the shirt for playstation home but I haven't tried it. You get a code and just enter it on your account and it starts to download. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...