What an awful game

I mean, i played so many of theese 2D beat em up when i was kid in arcades, but this is simply the worst i ever seen... plenty of bugs, very bad gameplay, i mean, this game really sucks.... i'll keep trying getting 100percent trophies just bcz i got it for free, otherwise i can't understand why ppl should pay for crap like this... this game simply sucks! Maybe the worst one i ever playied in my PS3 and it has nothing to do with the 2D old school graphic, i told you

• 3 weeks later...
I loved this game, I don't know what you people are talking about.

100% agree, this game was a lot of fun.

I just don't get why people would hate it...

Probably most of you haven't played the "original" game from what it's based. It's exactly like the old Nes game, graphic and gameplay wise.

Can't wait for the new DLC to come out! ^^

I liked the part where you explained in detail what was wrong with the game, instead of saying short and stupid things like "is bad" and "it sucks". Made a very compelling argument.

The game if played once was fun. But the trophies are what MAKE it suck ass. Playing the game 5 times is retarded. 3 times I can understand. But 5 and now a 6th with the new DLC. That in my mind makes it suck. Not to mention the game is pretty repetitive. When 80% of the game is just rinse and repeat that to me screams laziness, and not deserving the game being rated as "GooD". Obviously it can be argued that the game shouldn't be rated by trophies. But IMO by the time i was at 100% I despised it.

i can see how it would be frustrating to beat it all those times without the money trick. lots of grinding. i used the trick myself, and it makes the game a breeze. even with the cheapness of the hardest difficulty, each level only takes a few minutes and i only lost 1 life. the new dlc will also be a breeze with the trick and the best part is it will add online. cant wait to play with buddies. it seems kind of unfair to condemn the game for its trophies if you are a serious trophy hunter since there is a simple workaround to the grinding problem.

it seems kind of unfair to condemn the game for its trophies if you are a serious trophy hunter since there is a simple workaround to the grinding problem.

I did use the cheat the entire game. However, running through it 5 times still makes it lame as hell. Not saying the trophies were difficult. Just saying that after doing the 4th and 5th runs it became extremely repetitive and boring. It ruined the fun for me which was unfortunate. Oh well, I'm still going to get the new DLC because I need 100% in the game lol. Yes it is sad.

• 1 month later...

I recently started playing this and I agree, this game is awful. I am a big fan of old classic beat em alls (I'm 40 now so i was lucky to have lived the golden age of arcade games back then) but this simply sucks.

Anyway, I thought 'ok ill just breeze thru the game with the sword cheat' but Noooo, you loose it after a couple of hits. Is there a way to get it back ingame?

• 4 months later...

This game is cheap beyond reason. It seems like every enemy character has some form of chippy attack that just sucks the fun out of fighting. Not to mention all the garbage thrown about the level that's not effective in fights, like rocks and snowballs. Crap that's littered throughout the stage that hinders your more effective maneuvers when you pick them up by accident, opening you up for one of those aforementioned cheap hits. Beyond frustrating.

I know the characters can block, but that doesn't seem to bother the enemies one bit. They just continue, business as usual, and pummel me through it anyway.

I'm going to have to resort to using the money trick because playing normally, even on the easiest difficulty, is making this game turn into a boring trophy chore. That makes me sad because I love beat em ups. Double Dragon Neon on double dragon difficulty is way easier than this.

After purchasing many stat upgrades- Now the game's obscenely easy! Let's have some fun.

Edited by Rubbercons

This game was quite fun the very first time I played through with Scott. Every time I played after that, not so much. The only reason to play through it with the other characters is to unlock the bonus character so you can achieve another trophy. Had that not been a requirement, this would have been a one play and put away kind of game. I love 2D side scrolling beat'em ups. I can see where the developers drew from a lot of old school games for concepts; I applaud them for this.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All these negative opinions is very surprising. I loved everything about the game including the levels, references, characters, and music. I didn't find the game very hard at all and enjoyed my many, many playthroughs. Guess I'm just a sucker for old school side scrolling beat em' ups.

Overall I enjoyed this game. I didn't use the money trick and totally agree that the game is very difficult before you level up to 70 or 80 in every stat. I couldn't get past stage 3 for a long time. Even then some of the enemies have some very cheap moves that you can't counter, especially when surrounded.

If you find the game frustrating and cheap, maybe doing the money trick to level up will help. I'm a fan of old school beat em ups, so that may have swayed my opinion some too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...