Chaudown Unlocked finally...

Just for the record...

Got the infamous glitched Chaudown trophy today after deleting my savedata, and i want to share my experience...Here's what i did...

*Got EVERYTHING unlocked, but Choudown.

*Saved and backed up my file in a pendrive, then delete.

*Money glitch then maxed out the four main chars.

*Faced Mr chou w Scott, then beat the game, used the 3 strikers on the way.

*Faced Mr chow w Kim, then beat the game, used 3 strikers on the way.

*Beat the game w Still, used his striker on the way.

*Beat the game w Ramona, used her striker on the way, NegaScott Unlocked.

*Used the sword cheat in all my playtroughs.

*Played the 1st level w Nega Scott used his striker (connected) then bam! :dance:

After sync the trophy, deleted the current file and loaded my old file got everything back unlocked.

Just make sure use every striker before Nega Knives.

Good luck...

Edited by Drawohkan

• 2 months later...

I just unlocked chowdown without all this mess.

You just have to make sure that the strikers to do their duty and not only bring them out with L1.

For example, with Mrs. Chau them you need to do the lecture to an enemy, or Mr. Chau you kill him at least one enemy.

• 1 month later...
I just unlocked chowdown without all this mess.

You just have to make sure that the strikers to do their duty and not only bring them out with L1.

For example, with Mrs. Chau them you need to do the lecture to an enemy, or Mr. Chau you kill him at least one enemy.

Actually, I read about that somewhere and tried it myself; it didn't work. There's something else at work here...

Just for the record...

Got the infamous glitched Chaudown trophy today after deleting my savedata, and i want to share my experience...Here's what i did...

*Got EVERYTHING unlocked, but Choudown.

*Saved and backed up my file in a pendrive, then delete.

*Money glitch then maxed out the four main chars.

*Faced Mr chou w Scott, then beat the game, used the 3 strikers on the way.

*Faced Mr chow w Kim, then beat the game, used 3 strikers on the way.

*Beat the game w Still, used his striker on the way.

*Beat the game w Ramona, used her striker on the way, NegaScott Unlocked.

*Used the sword cheat in all my playtroughs.

*Played the 1st level w Nega Scott used his striker (connected) then bam! :dance:

After sync the trophy, deleted the current file and loaded my old file got everything back unlocked.

Just make sure use every striker before Nega Knives.

Good luck...

So...did you download the patch? Can anyone else confirm this? I'm going to try something and let everyone know what I find out.

• 3 months later...

Ok I did it as drawohkan. i deleted my file and downloaded all the patches, even the newest one where you get the picture on the home screen. so yea its possible to get this after getting all the patches and using the sword code.

note: one thing i did make sure to do is get mr chau for every character and call him with each character before i beat the game. Also I never touched multiplayer in case there might be a glitch associated with calling the second players striker. well good luck to everyone.

Edited by ridgezero

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Disapointed that this trophy did not unlocked after using NegaScott's striker, now I am going to try this method to see if it works. Would really like to try the DLC but until this trophy pops up, I won't be getting it.

EDIT - Finally got this trophy doing this method, it works!

Edited by Gay Angel

• 3 months later...

On a related note -- if you have the DLC and the trophy isn't popping for you, make sure you use Knives' striker. That is, if you have the DLC character, then you have to use their striker to get this trophy!

The trophy popped for me after using Knives' striker, so this is 100% confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just gotta use everyone's striker.

So

Scott

Stills

Kim

Ramona

Mr AND Mrs Chau

Nega Scott

For the Mrs Chau if you continuously call the Chau Mrs will eventually come. I just saw her for the first time tonight while fiddling w/ the supreme master trophy.

I think you and I are the only ones currently workin' on this game bud. :dance:

wait mr and mrs chau are playable toons?? I have used the striker on all 4 toons. However, do i have to beat the game using nega scott now so I can get his striker?

***lol i got the chaudown trophy. Thank God I didn't have to do that deleting save game shit. It popped as soon as I used Nega Scotts L1. Now onto the DLC :(

Edited by Ron-A-Palooza

I'll probably do the dlc here shortly. Seeing as how it's only 2$ and I'm gonna want Alex Kidd In Miracle World for 1$ when it releases later today. No way I can pass that up. So nostalgic for me since I used to play it on the master system back in the day. :) I think u can only do 5$ 10$ etc increments on ps store so I'll have the extra anyhow.

• 3 weeks later...

So I can confirm that the trophy isn't glitched..or at least may not be glitched so heres what I did.

Beat the game as Scott in Multiplayer with my girlfriend (she played a guest for the first two levels, and Kim on a second account for the rest).

Beat the game as Stephen in singleplayer

Went back and unlocked mr/ms. chau on Scott

Beat the game as Ramona in singleplayer/multiplayer (again, girlfriend played as Kim for the last 3 levels)

Beat the game as Kim in singleplayer

Used Negascotts strike (no trophy, mini-heart attack)

Used Mr. Chau, Ms. Chau, and Knives as Scott (no trophy, bigger mini-heart attack)

Used Stephens call down (no trophy, different animation/attack from knives)

Used Kims Call down (no trophy, again, different animation/attack from knives)

Used Ramona and called Julie Powers in (Boom, Trophy)

So my guess is it has nothing to do with Multiplayer, save files, or anything else. Just make sure you go through and use the call downs with every character and that they HIT someone (both Ramona and Kims calldowns are heals).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is glitched as hell. I have played through the game 4 times over and have never seen this Mr. Chau shithead. I'm going to have to delete my save and start again I'm sure.

I have no idea what causes this but I have seen the "NGA" or whatever instead of a score at the end of some levels which confirms the glitch.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this is NOT glitched. I unlocked Mr. Chau with Ramona and got several kills with MR. Chau, had Mrs. Chau yell at someone and used Knives for every character, then used nega knives and it unlocked. Its not glitched, just have to make sure Mr. chau gets at least 1 kill and u summon mrs chau and she yells at someone once, also make sure every character uses L1 at least once. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It's glitched.It is.Yes,that's right that all the striker must hit opponent,not just simply appear,but if u use the nega scott first,u screwed.I really try everything,but after all delete the saves,than replay it and use all strikers and at the last use negascott.Then it finally pops.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to share my experience to those that can't seem to unlock this trophy, even though they have all necessary strikers unlocked and what not. Below were the steps (as best as I can recall) that I went through to ding this trophy:

***Contains spoilers in the aspect of hidden strikers/playable character!***

[spoiler=capsp]1) Play through the game with the 4 initial characters (using all default strikers, Papa, and Mama Chau along the way)

2) Unlock NegaScott, and call NegaKnives

3) No trophy, cry a little inside.

4) Before raging out and restarting file, start going through each character one by one and calling strikers (Scott -> Kim -> Stills -> Ramona -> NegaScott), with Scott being the only one with the Chaus

5) Sigh in relief when trophy dings.

Also, I am not sure if this makes a difference, but I made sure that any striker that can scare/kill an enemy did so before I went to the next character.

Edited by DarkFireKuri