Rate the trophy difficulty...  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.76

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

I give it a 10 because of 2 trophies, answer every question correctly in a long game and score more than 500,000 points in fast-fire... my record is just under 300,000 and I have played both game plays at least 100 times each... oh and for some reason I think there is a glitch with the best actor trophy because I KNOW I have answered more than 35 oscar winning actors/actresses in POP QUIZ... other than that I have the other 47 trophies already

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with the above. I am very skilled at trivia and have 1000/1250 on the two of these on XB360 (doing both in 2-4 hours), and these are extremely difficult. Additionally, the traditional exploit of pausing and looking up the answer that a bunch of people have done with some of these other games does not seem to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Rating this a 10 because of the Golds. I played with conkervertex and spent a whole day looking up stuff on IMDb and creating an answer key for this. He's about to plat it but the best actor one is on the way

Agreed. Rating this one a 10. This plat is just way too difficult to get. Some of the trophy explanations are pretty vague as well. Not to mention not having the ability to pause during a question. You'd either have to be a HUGE movie buff or have at least 3-4 friends helping you out. Me, Bholegood, his girlfriend and another friend of ours had to team up to take on the "Spotless Performance" and "Faster Than Light" trophies. During the Final Cut of the "Spotless Performance" the game threw us a curveball question in which we had to work cautiously to get the gold. That alone makes this game frustrating. If you miss one...just one, you have to start the long play game all over again.

Also, "Best Actor" is just a joke. you just have to be lucky enough to get an Oscar winning person. I've been through about 30 of these and the trophy is still locked.

I give it a 10 because of 2 trophies, answer every question correctly in a long game and score more than 500,000 points in fast-fire... my record is just under 300,000 and I have played both game plays at least 100 times each... oh and for some reason I think there is a glitch with the best actor trophy because I KNOW I have answered more than 35 oscar winning actors/actresses in POP QUIZ... other than that I have the other 47 trophies already

Just to be on the safe side, if you're attempting to get the golds, make sure you win the Long Play game on the FIRST controller. We didn't notice it at the time, but when Bholegood helped me get the "Spotless Performance" trophy, I was using the first controller and it popped. I spent the next two days trying to get the "Come From Behind" trophy and thanks to shamrock, I finally noticed that it had to be done with the first controller.

I am quite convinced that "Best Actor" MUST be done with the first controller. I've been through a good number of these with Oscar winning actors (Got Clint Eastwood AND Mel Brooks twice) and the trophy still didn't pop up. So now, I'm going to answer them all using ONLY the first controller.

All can say for the two golds you're trying to get is this:

- Memorize most of the image questions and the questions that follow them (Visual Puzzlers, Pictograms, Props, Distorted Reality, Prop, Now Playing and Movie Clips). For Now Playing, just know this: The game will ask the same question every time after each image. I think this is the same for Props as well. For Movie Clips, the game chooses a one of the three sets of questions it will always ask you. So, if you know the first question that pops up, you should know the following two because it will be the same questions you had before. It would also help to log all of the answers just in case you forget some of them.

- Soundclips are the same as well. The game will ask you the same question that follows each soundclips. Once you know the movie, you should know the answer that follows.

- For all other word-based questions, just log the answers. It would also help for you to team up with a few friends. Get one to IMDB, another one to log and one that's has a good knowledge about movies just in case all other sources fail.

I'm really tempted to write a guide on this game, but it has frustrated me so much that I just want to plat the game and get it out of my sight. We'll see though.

• 3 weeks later...

wow.. the gold trophies are difficult in this game, as far as i can tell your going to need to memorize a vast majority of the games data base. I won't vote until i get the plat but its going to be high. (8,9,10)

EDIT: Ok ..just got it. I'm going with an 8 for the simpile fact that it took about 40 hours. And i think that only the extreamly difficult games that need talent and extreme grinding should be 9 or 10's(Riddick, Wipeout HD, Ninja, ect). To get this plat i did have to write down answers to every catagory and study them before the questions were asked, as a quick refresher. I did use a 2 controller method for the Spotless Performance gold. The advantage is that you can pick (from 3) the final catagory for each round, and can "buzz in" with the 2ed controller on the toss up questions and see the answers if your not sure, then answer correctly with the 1st controller. I do have answers to alot of the questions on paper, but i'm sure how i could efficiently transfer to this web site to help other ppl with this game.. GLAD to be done tho :)

Edited by Ballin404

wow.. the gold trophies are difficult in this game, as far as i can tell your going to need to memorize a vast majority of the games data base. I won't vote until i get the plat but its going to be high. (8,9,10)

I am still traumatized from this game. It took me well over two months to plat and I couldn't force myself to write a guide on it. I still know most of it though, so if you need help, feel free to PM me about it. You really do need to memorize a lot, mostly for the "Faster Than Light" trophy. If you keep picking at it, eventually you'll get it. But I must say that the golds are indeed the hardest ones with the exception of the "Lead Role" trophy.

Good luck! You're going to need it for this nasty one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 500,000 in fast fire is ridiculous. Answering every question in long mode is easier (since the number of points is no biggie), but still not fun

And yes, the trophies are glitchy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If and when I get the platinum this will probably be the one I am most proud of. This game is a pain in the ass to plat. I just need the 500,000 on quick fire and I have tried for 20 hours already. You have to have some kind of guide and just write down all the questions and answers. Then there are picture questions that you can't really document, you just have to remember them all. It is a 10 for sure for me.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I'm proud to say that I not only platinumed this game, I did it twice. Once for my account, once for my brother's.

I accidentally loaded the game up while his account was open, and his trophy pile was instantly stained with a big ol' fat 0%. Since he (like me) only allows 100% totals on his trophy sheet, this problem had to be rectified. Since it was my mistake, I had to fix it. Now, if you can do this once, the second ought to be easier, yes?

It is not. At least, not the cursed Spotless Performance nonsense. How many times did I make to the 14th or 15th question set and blow it? Within spitting distance of victory? Dozens. I actually really like this game, but that trophy, Faster Than Light, and the Best Actor trophy are the Holy Trinity of impossible trivia trophies.

Hate them soooooo much.

• 4 weeks later...

I voted 5, I didn't find it all that difficult and it didn't take very long to platimum. The two golds seem really hard at first, but once the questions start repeating it becomes a lot easier. I had expected it to be a lot harder given the average score so far.

Having a good memory and being interested in movies helps a lot though. If this had been a game about music or sports it would have been a 9 or 10 for me too. I can't remember any of that stuff because it doesn't interest me at all. :rolleyes:

The game itself was fun, and after I finished it I even rented many of the movies that appeared in the game because they seemed good. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's not too terribly bad. I have logged about all of the questions and answers for the movie clips. I have pretty much all of the visuals committed to memory. I just need to study up a lil more on the credits and props and I will go for the Golds. I just started writing down all of the answers while I was going for the play w/ every character in a long game. I have a few left and I am feeling pretty confident in the progress. I will vote once I achieve the plat though. It's probably going to be a 7 or 8 though.