Simulation Wizard made easy

First off, all credit for this tip goes to ii Rich M x over at the sister site.

When I first attempted Simulation Wizard, I used some tips given in the trophy guide and some from my friend who just platted this game. Tried a 1 lap race at Salt Lake City.

After about 4 or 5 attempts, I had become agitated (my patience was already razor-thin after spending the better part of 4 or 5 hours finally getting platinum on "Riding in the Rain"). I decided to go over to the sister site and see if anyone had alternate tips. There was a thread on Simulation Wizard. The only wildly different tip there was stated by ii Rich M x.

He said to go to Monza. He says that most of the chicaines can be cut without getting DQ'd. After 4 tries, I won by 9.5 seconds! Here's what I did:

Obviously, set the race to sunny, 1 lap and Professional difficulty (and extreme simulation under realism settings). When you are ready to take off, wait for the 3 red lights to show up on the screen. AS SOON AS THEY DO, count to 5 and floor it. (all credit for the 5 second rule goes to PrinceOfPeace). Head over to the right side of the track. As soon as you see grass, get over onto it, almost all the way to the right. When you hit the grass, let off the gas - but don't hit the brakes. Line yourself up so that you will catch just the inside of the left side of the chicaine (if you go too far, you will get a Ride Through penalty and be DQ'd) Gently ease back onto the track and from here out just drive carefully and defensively. When you come out of the chicaine, you will probably have about a 6 or 7 second lead, so as long as you don't crash, and you keep running good, you should have no problem popping this trophy. I also found that none of the other chicaines are easy or safe enough to cut, so just drive them normally.

Good luck!

And if anyone needs any more info on this trick, I'd be glad to help.

• 3 months later...
I'll take a try at this tomorrow, then hopefully the platinum shall be mine! :applause:

It may take 4 or 5 tries to figure out the perfect line to hit on the first chicaine (going on the grass to cut chicaine), but you should have NO problems!

Just remember - after you get the chicaine cut good, just drive safely. Not too fast, but stay fairly aggressive.

Good Luck!

I think this goes on taste to the player. I tried this and couldnt get the chicanr cut right. Went and tried Salt Lake City first try done it, I cut the small chicane a little which gave me a nice little lead! So now PLATINUM!!!!!