Tips for the challenges.

Ok well the SBK 09 challenges were way easier then SBK 08 to me. Maybe because Im used to the game but either way, here are the two ones that prove a problem to some:

1) Skidding one where you have to skid for 8 or 9 seconds. Basically to make this a lot easier, after you take your first turn to the left in the blue section go ahead and start turning right but go fast so you will leave the track. Just keep turning and try to go into the grass on the ouside of the turns while tapping the gas and leaning over. You skid time will automatically go up. This is way easier then trying to skid on the tarmac. Just use the grass and you will easily have 9-11 seconds by the time you are done.

2) The wet track. This seemed to be hard for me until I figured out how to do it. You can cut almost every corner on the track. Even ones where you think you couldnt. I thought it would slow me down but I actually got 1st place easily. The main shortcuts are:

A)Towards the middle of the track there is a tight shucane. Turn left so you barely miss the wall and you will cut straight across the shucane. Make sure you do not land in the sand on the other side of the track. I tend to tap the break while turning left so that I miss the sand on the other side.

B) The two u-turns at the end. The first one gave me problems once. Just make sure you dont stop turning otherwise you will hit the wall.

C) Just look for other ones. Again, almost every turn can be cut while still giving you more time out in front.

Hopefully this will help a few of you guys out there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just done the riding in the rain challenge, after many attempts. Some good advice about cutting the corners etc, but no-one has said that to make it easier to get round the last two hairpins, you're better off having the joint brake setting to off. That way once you start turning, you can go full throttle & keep the back brake full on. Turns the bike way faster. I'd have never managed it without doing this.

• 1 year later...
Just done the riding in the rain challenge, after many attempts. Some good advice about cutting the corners etc, but no-one has said that to make it easier to get round the last two hairpins, you're better off having the joint brake setting to off. That way once you start turning, you can go full throttle & keep the back brake full on. Turns the bike way faster. I'd have never managed it without doing this.

Good Tip for saying turning the joint breaking to off. Did it straight away as soon as I done that.

• 1 year later...