I've found an easy way to get the Merciless (and Professional) Trophy!

hollomau5

I understand that everyone seems to be having some trouble with the Curb Stomp trophy (and therefore the Merciless trophy), because only once in a blue moon does anything actually knock a Minion over.

Well there are two solutions. One is to use a bat! A lot of people have recommended this. A power swing (pressing L2 + Square) with the bat will knock 'em to the floor around 50% of the time, enabling you to curb stomp that bitch, so long as you immediately drop the weapon.

Problem: the best place to do this trophy is in Amanda 1-3 when the guy attacks you, and there's no bat here. Solution: I found that actually the best thing to do is as follows:

- Wait for the guy to come bashing through the door and charging at you

- Start with a jab (X) when he is right up next to you

- Pause for a minescule amount of time (literally, like one fifth of a second)

- Uppercut that bitch (with Square)

It won't work unless you give that tiny break between the jab and the uppercut. But this does work 100% of the time so long as you time it right. I got my five Curb Stomps in six attempts under this method.

Also, for the Professional trophy, since I didn't seem to unlock it in one playthrough (although I swear there were more than 20 locked doors...) just continue on to Amanda 1-4 and there's a door unlock there.

FOR BOTH TROPHIES! If you get a successful curb stomp kill you MUST, repeat MUST continue onwards to the next Save Point (checkpoint), quit and then reload Amanda 1-3. Unless you get to a Save Point, the kill count won't be saved and updated.

Happy trophy hunting! I know this got me my platinum! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks this helped by letting me know a good spot to find a minion. I tried your technique but I sucked at it. I'll write down what worked for me:

In Amanda 1-3 wait in position for the 1st minion to run at you. Then as he comes to you take a step forward and punch him with a light attack. This worked 4/4 tries for me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Maby im shit at this but iv'e been doing this for 2 hours and have not got one :2walls::mad:

EDIT

I have done it now, I could not get him down once using the little jab then big punch , I ran at him and used the big punch a split second before he swung and I got him down %50 of the time

Edited by FiL