Do you really need to play twice?

arjonoypi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a thread in the sister site that says that you can unlock the other path trophy without finishing the game.. Here's the thread. No need to play twice for Path of Flesh/Blood achievements (Spoilers) - Xbox360Achievements.org. Does this work?

I tried this but it didn't work for me so i just played through the game again normally for the trophy i needed. Without having to get any collectibles etc i breezed through it in 3 hours so it doesn't take long anyway

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm that this does work. You have to do it exactly as the link in the OP to the sister site. You must let the guy live on the first playthrough on the first chapter. Then go and complete the game. Then load up the first level on a flashback and let the guy die on the first chapter. Let the next level load up just to make sure it saves, quit to main menu, load up flashback of the last level. complete it and you get the other ending without having to play it again. :D

Maybe the guide should be updated as it states in the guide to let the guy die on your first playthrough which could catch some people off guard who want to use this trick but have now gone to far into the game.:think:

Edited by andrewsqual

I tried this method on an alternate account and it did not work for me, so as this is not 100% foolproof I am not happy to add it into the guide.

There have also been other people who have said that it did not work for them, so sorry but I do not feel that it should be added to the guide... :)

youll probably find people who cant get it to work is because they let him die the 1st time around in which it wont work u have to save campbell 1st time, and also mayb because if you look at the start of ur road map the decription is wrong way around so mayb it wont pop for them as they doing it slightly wrong

I saw a thread in the sister site that says that you can unlock the other path trophy without finishing the game.. Here's the thread. No need to play twice for Path of Flesh/Blood achievements (Spoilers) - Xbox360Achievements.org. Does this work?

Yes i can confirm this. I just got it now.

1. You have to let Campbell LIVE at the beginning on NORMAL mode.

2. Finish the game on NORMAL mode.

3. Use FLASHBACK and go to 1st chapter on INSANE mode. This time make Campbell DIE. Let chapter 2 load, then quit.

4. Use FLASHBACK again but this time goto last chapter on INSANE mode. Finish the chapter and ping trophy(G).

• 2 weeks later...

I can also confirm this method works. I let Campbell live the first time on normal difficulty, load up the chapter on normal again and play until the second chapter. Then load chapter 8 on normal again and finish it to get the other ending.

I don't think I can stand playing this game more than once lol.

Maybe the guide should be updated as it states in the guide to let the guy die on your first playthrough which could catch some people off guard who want to use this trick but have now gone to far into the game :think:

exactly what happened to me :( i've sent a pm to the guide author to ask him to update it.

Only 1 playthrough is required for the plat.

As I have just said in my PM back to Superpj....

I tried this method and it did not work. Also other forum members have tried this and found it did not work, so unless a method is 100% guaranteed then I am not happy to put it into my guide....

Sorry :)

Maybe you should try it from a brand new save and not an old save. As i see it this works perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

I can also say that this does work. First playthrough, I let Campbell live at the beginning. After I finished the game, I went back to flashback, and started first level again - this time, letting Campbell sacrifice himself. I then went to last level, and when I finished, the "Path of Flesh" trophy popped.

Also, both times I was on Normal difficulty. So you do not need to change to Insane just to pop both trophies in 1 playthrough.

As I have just said in my PM back to Superpj....

I tried this method and it did not work. Also other forum members have tried this and found it did not work, so unless a method is 100% guaranteed then I am not happy to put it into my guide....

Sorry :)

Guess what, you obviously did it wrong because I did it as well and it worked.

A game doesn't just glitch and decide to give it to me and not to you, if you can't follow the directions 100%, than you probably won't get it. Either that or the rest of us all are just lying :D

• 2 weeks later...

hey people, so i read the forum on this site about not having to go back and play through the whole game a 2nd time. I followed the instructions and let cambell live on the first chapter, but when i got to the end up popped the "path of flesh" trophy...? WTF! so i did try and go back and let him live again then loaded up the second chapter so it saved then jumped to the final chapter put nothing happened, which i knew but thought i would try!! I have deleted my game saves and just started a new game, i have just noticed flashbacks effect games saves...during my 1st playthrough when i did let cambell live i loaded a chapter using flashback halfway through the game because i was at the start of that particular chapter i just used flashback instead of load game!! i bet that is where its gone wrong? so it automatically gives you the "path of flesh" ending...fuck sake lol!! so im going to re-play and do not use flashblacks!! lol. can i just go back and play it on normal mode again? i only need "path of blood" trophy for platinum. Thanks in advance...Also this may be the reason why it works and doesnt work for certain people?!

Guess what, you obviously did it wrong because I did it as well and it worked.

A game doesn't just glitch and decide to give it to me and not to you, if you can't follow the directions 100%, than you probably won't get it. Either that or the rest of us all are just lying :D

I played this game twice... Once normally and a second time trying this method.... I did follow the instructions 100% (at 30 years old I know how to read and follow instructions) but still could not get it to work....

It seems though that more people are getting this to work so I will add a link to this thread into my guide, so people can decide for themselves...

I can confirm this works. You just need to do exactly as the instructions say and it's worked for me on 2 different systems.

1. Start New Game on Normal Difficulty

2. Make sure Campbell Survives Chapter 1. In other words, make sure he enters the elevator at the end of the first chapter.

3. Continue this play-through all the way to the end. It is highly advised you use this play-through to collect all the collectibles and the (optional) trophies for completing puzzles within the time limits.

4. After finishing your first play-through, you should be awarded Path of Blood trophy.

5. Wait for the credits to finish and return to main menu.

6. Using Flashback return to chapter 1. (I played on Normal difficulty.)

7. At the end of chapter 1, have Campbell die. Make sure he does not reach the elevator at the end.

8. Wait for chapter 2 to load as Michael and speak to one of the cops.

9. Quit to main menu.

10. Use Flashback to return to chapter 8 as Michael. (Again I used Normal difficulty.)

11. Play to the end.

12. The new cutscene should play, with the elevator being empty. Michael will enter and the trophy should pop after 10 seconds.

I can confirm that this works.

I even interrupted my first playthrough in order to get a puzzle piece that I had missed (yep, the one near Solomon's trap at the end of chapter 7), lost my motivation & quit, reloaded my previous savegame, completed the path of the blood, then went for the last missing collectible before completing Chapter 1 & 8 the way it is described in this thread.

Worked just fine.

This worked like a charm!

I can confirm this works. You just need to do exactly as the instructions say and it's worked for me on 2 different systems.

1. Start New Game on Normal Difficulty

2. Make sure Campbell Survives Chapter 1. In other words, make sure he enters the elevator at the end of the first chapter.

3. Continue this play-through all the way to the end. It is highly advised you use this play-through to collect all the collectibles and the (optional) trophies for completing puzzles within the time limits.

4. After finishing your first play-through, you should be awarded Path of Blood trophy.

5. Wait for the credits to finish and return to main menu.

6. Using Flashback return to chapter 1. (I played on Normal difficulty.)

7. At the end of chapter 1, have Campbell die. Make sure he does not reach the elevator at the end.

8. Wait for chapter 2 to load as Michael and speak to one of the cops.

9. Quit to main menu.

10. Use Flashback to return to chapter 8 as Michael. (Again I used Normal difficulty.)

11. Play to the end.

12. The new cutscene should play, with the elevator being empty. Michael will enter and the trophy should pop after 10 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...