• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw was fun to me, you had a real combat system plus the level design let you create traps to ambush your enemies, Saw II doesn't have many enemies attacking you through the game and there's no real combat system when they do, pure garbage QTE instead... I do not know why they took so many steps back :confused:

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I guess I'm the only one here but I actually prefered Saw 2.

The fights and the trap creating system with all the items are what I hated in the first game because of the shitty controls, and I didn't have the feeling to play a Saw game. I played it 3 years ago and I still remember what a nightmare it was.

Saw 2 I enjoyed it more, because it's easier, it's more like a puzzle game, we actually see more Saw traps and I liked it.

Saw 1 was a piece of trash, put my nerves to their limirs, I sold it right after completion. Saw 2 wasn't bad, didn't make me angry at all, good little game to play between 2 bigger games, I might play it again if I didn't have a backlog of hundreds of games to play :rolleyes:

Edited by DevilDanna

• 3 weeks later...

Well , i guess ( along with 2 others :p ) that saw 2 is better, mainly because it catches the saw movies essence better. All the minions fighting in the first game was unapropriate , this one is more puzzled based , therefore i guess it has to do more with the saw movies.

Both of them however tend to be repetitive and boring , the second one as an aggravating factor which is the luminosity.. you're in the dark most of the game

• 1 year later...

While I really enjoyed the story and puzzles, I'd have to say the first one was better, mainly for the combat. Being about to freely move around and fight someone, as well as using traps was much better than a QTE event.

Plus, the first game's weapons had durability, so it made you think about when to swap out weapons, and whether to go for something that can be used once but instantly kill. Saw 2 gave you a weapon and then you just traded it with whoever you killed. I never bothered with the weapon cases.