Lights Out Help

Rated J

This is what I did and posted before ;)

Look at your numpad as if it is the grid.

Try to get lights 7 and 1 on (or anything similair, like lights 7 and 9, 1 and 3, or 3 and 9)

Lets take 7 and 1 for example. If you get these lights on, press light 9, then 3 and you'll see the solution, turn of lights 8 and 2

However, sometime I just kept turning off random lights :p

By numpad do you mean the 9 squares the lights are on?

Most of the grids (the minigame) consists of 9 lights like this:

X X X

X X X

X X X

Now look at your numpad on your keyboard. They're pretty much the same. Now try to get the same pattern as mentioned, or just click away and hope you're done within time.

Edited by Vuule

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This puzzle is annoying simply because it's hard to understand and I got both trophies for it without yet entirely understanding it. I'll tell you folks that the first time around I got the Normal one while trying to save Henry(Police Chief) in the end of Chapter 3(If not mistaken), the first one that comes around is a 3 lights only so getting it there for both Normal and Insane may be easier than trying on Chapter 4 as the guide suggests. Good luck, fellas.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

This puzzle is just dumb because it gets no add on information so, you just kind of guess pressing randomly

It is in fact pretty simple.

When you press a button, the surrounding ones will light up / turn off , so if you have a simple line , you only have to worry in an horizontal perspective.

If you have a 3X3 or bigger it will be harder because when you press ( for instance ) a button in the middle of the puzzle, it will afect the nearest ones in all directions , for example, if you press the button X , the Y's will all light up / turn off

YYY

YXY

YYY

for these i always used the lights out puzzle solver because i didn't wanna waste time and i was already annoyned from other puzzles :p