Anyone else find this quite easy

Dark_Overlord

Yep, it goes back to being quite easy again. Janinki is the hardest level on the game

Yea got passed it last night and walked through the next map,

I had to give the last map a few trys though as I didn't even notice the second base until it was too late :p

Got there in the end though, Pretty simple when your prepared.

Now bring on the DLC!!! :cool:

im stuck on the 2nd world 2nd level, is that the Janinki level. I cant get past it. I've also come close to the vengeance trophy but im always short by like 4 minutes. Is their a specific level that's good for it?

No Jankinki is Level 3-2.

I got the Vengeance trophy on Ghede, Its 2-3

There's a video walkthrough for your map and all other maps here

Savage Moon Walkthrough - PS3Forums

No Jankinki is Level 3-2.

I got the Vengeance trophy on Ghede, Its 2-3

There's a video walkthrough for your map and all other maps here

Savage Moon Walkthrough - PS3Forums

you totally hooked me up with that link.

I went vengeance on 2-2 for 91 minutes doing what he or you did. By the end, lag and audio-cut was happening. I think it's cause so much was going on.

Thanks man, you totally saved this game for me!

EDIT:

I got to Janiki, that level does suck!

• 4 months later...

Those of you who've played PixelJunk Monsters and got 100% in it (including Encore), how hard would you say this game is compared to PJM? I enjoyed PJM, and played it solid for three weeks until I got 100%... a did look at one walkthrough for 'Double Team' level, but the walkthrough was shite.

So yeah, does Savage Moon have the pulling power of PJM? Is it just as challenging as PJM?

~ squodge ~

• 4 months later...
Those of you who've played PixelJunk Monsters and got 100% in it (including Encore), how hard would you say this game is compared to PJM? I enjoyed PJM, and played it solid for three weeks until I got 100%... a did look at one walkthrough for 'Double Team' level, but the walkthrough was shite.

So yeah, does Savage Moon have the pulling power of PJM? Is it just as challenging as PJM?

~ squodge ~

Well I might not have 100% per se but I'll let u know how tough it was compared 2 PJM IMO. I would say this game is just as hard as PJM if you're trying to do the levels without having any damage done to the base (just like having Perfect Rainbow without monsters reaching tiki babies).

Edited by Dreadnought190

• 1 month later...

~ squodge ~

I haven't played PJM, but I can say without a doubt that this game is quite challenging if you are aiming towards 100% completion. I had to use a video guide to be able to do a lot of the levels without receiving any damage to my base.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd re-visit this thread.

I did buy Savage Moon in the end, along with the DLC when that came out. I played the game without a guide for the first two weeks, and I did take a look at the video for level 3-2 (Jinininki), but in the end I found my own way to do it which required juggling a few towers.

I enjoyed this game as much as I did PJM. As I didn't use a guide until I absolutely felt I was struggling too much, I voted this game an 8 (I voted the same for PJM). It was very satisfying getting 100% for this game, as it was for PJM... the guides are great for when you're absolutely stuck, but I do avoid them as it spoils the game a bit if you rely on it from the very start.

I thought I'd re-visit this thread.

I did buy Savage Moon in the end, along with the DLC when that came out. I played the game without a guide for the first two weeks, and I did take a look at the video for level 3-2 (Jinininki), but in the end I found my own way to do it which required juggling a few towers.

I enjoyed this game as much as I did PJM. As I didn't use a guide until I absolutely felt I was struggling too much, I voted this game an 8 (I voted the same for PJM). It was very satisfying getting 100% for this game, as it was for PJM... the guides are great for when you're absolutely stuck, but I do avoid them as it spoils the game a bit if you rely on it from the very start.

Savage Moon rocks. But then again I'm a fan of 'Tower Defense' games. I was thrilled when the Waldgeist expansion came out and I can't wait till they release another DLC. The game is solid and very enjoyable although frustrating at times.

PJM is another great game that I still play today. I come back often to try and 'Perfect Rainbow' levels I haven't yet (on Hardcore mode). It's very addicting.

~ squodge ~

This is a whole other topic, but I'll bite. For me Savage Moon was a good game. I enjoyed it. I enjoy all tower type games. However, I enjoyed PJM more. I'm still playing it. I've 100% it, and now I'm just playing on Hardcore and trying to gold rainbow everything for fun. If Q Games put out another DLC for it, I'd buy it. I'd buy another DLC for Savage Moon too though.

Savage Moon on PSP = No thanks

PJM on PSP = Now you're talking!

This is a whole other topic, but I'll bite. For me Savage Moon was a good game. I enjoyed it. I enjoy all tower type games. However, I enjoyed PJM more. I'm still playing it. I've 100% it, and now I'm just playing on Hardcore and trying to gold rainbow everything for fun. If Q Games put out another DLC for it, I'd buy it. I'd buy another DLC for Savage Moon too though.

Savage Moon on PSP = No thanks

PJM on PSP = Now you're talking!

Yep, I agree. If they bring out more DLC for Savage Moon and PJM, I'd be first in the queue. For 'budget' games, they are far more polished than many retail games (Terminator Salvation, anyone?)

I love the graphics of this game (Savage Moon), and at times I felt sorry for aliens - seeing them all die lol. My mum said they sounded like dinosaurs hahaha. My nephew (he's 5), when I asked him if he'd like to help me defend my base from evil space insects told me that they're not real -*sigh*.

• 2 months later...

I beat this game on PSP, it was even harder b/c you were pulled back if you lost a game and you had a limit on the blocks you could deploy.

Anyway I really like tower defense games like this, as you get really satisfied when finally you don't let any creepy crawly get into your base.

To me the difficulty is 5/10

• 2 months later...

I personally LOVE the game, and now in a one hell of a run on Jikininki vengeance. I am on wave 800 (just over) and I have over 100k$$ saved up. It isn't a vengeance where once you are fully built up you just sit back and watch, I have to constantly juggle 'decoy' towers, and each wave requires it's own attention and approach.

My one trick is some very interesting placements of chaos towers near the tunnels where the insectocytes come out of... it forces them to come out REALLY SLOW, and the towers have a chance of killing them off before they are fully freed from their chambers. PLUS, mortar towers amped up so that they are plus 4k in damage. only two thumper towers are required, and never use the orbital.

The next trick, is to totally change your approach at about wave 250-300, and take ALL the towers out from one side, and have ALL your towers on the other side, where the two tunnels that release the insectocytes face each other. Those guys then get killed immediately, and by the time they are all dead, the other ones have crawled over to that section for then all the mortars to pay attention to them. it works out really well, apparently since I haven't died yet, and I just keep accumulating more and more $$.

I have hit a few glitches though, of which now I am personally corresponding with Tom, the developer about, and hoping those can get cleared up. One in particular is when you hit the Billion mark in your score. something really weird (and scary) happens.

LOVE the GAME... :p