Neophile Trophy

Yoshi_Girl

Hey, I wanted to ask which of the 'Furious 5' (nod to Kung Fu Panda) did you all complete to earn the Neophile Trophy? I'm not understanding how people are doing Classic Agamemnon (1-1) as 1 of their 5 when the tutorial makes you use a MG. I did complete Baxajuan and Cerberus (1-2 & 1-3) but I'm having trouble with most of the other levels on Classic. Also, I don't see how this trophy can be obtained by completing any of the Waldgeist levels since every level has at least 1 wave of Invisibles requiring the Sensor Tower. Any tips would be appreciated very much!^^

As Drag mentioned, turning off the tutorials is the key to doing 1-1. After that I did 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 and 2-2. Or was it 2-3? It's whichever one of them ends with a flying boss for the final wave. I maxed command credits for them all, and did them on "Training" mode. The extra cash from those helps a lot.

I found at the start of most levels, I just dropped as many laser towers as I could, didn't bother upgrading them, and spread them out a bit so they don't all fire at the lead bug and waste their shots. They have the power to drop most bugs at their lowest level, you just need to create a LOT of them.

I sprinkled a few particle cannons in with the lasers on 2-2 (2-3?) just for some added punch, but the strat was basically the same.

Good luck!

Jack

Thanks for the responses. Yeah the turning the Tutorial off should have been an obvious thing to me but thanks for that lol. I've been having problems with 1-4 because the first wave is a lot of snake-like insects and not enough Lasers. I'll try separating the Towers a bit. I've yet to really find myself with enough cash to buy Particle Towers but I'm still working on it. 2 more levels to go to 100%. This trophy should be worth a Silver minimum..

~Y_G

• 2 weeks later...
2 more levels to go to 100%. This trophy should be worth a Silver minimum..

~Y_G

Do the levels have to be completed with 100% base health for the Neophile trophy to unlock? I ask because the Luddite trophy description states there can be no damage to the base. However, the Neophile trophy description simply states the levels must be cleared. Has anyone done this with less than 100% health and still earned the trophy? It can be so hard to get 100%!

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/po/e/poetic_justice_/card.png

Update: Yay! 100% base health is NOT required. Thank God! All that is required is to clear the level. I used OneIdJack73's strategy minus the particle cannons. I had to repair the base a bit, but carpeting the area with lasers worked for me! Thank you, Jack and Yoshi_Girl.

FYI: The level with the flying boss Jack referred to is level 2-2, Fenrir.

Edited by poetic_justice_

Update: Yay! 100% base health is NOT required. Thank God! All that is required is to clear the level. I used OneIdJack73's strategy minus the particle cannons. I had to repair the base a bit, but carpeting the area with lasers worked for me! Thank you, Jack and Yoshi_Girl.

FYI: The level with the flying boss Jack referred to is level 2-2, Fenrir.

Heya, sorry for the late response but congrats on getting the trophy! In my opinion the Neophile trophy should have been worth at least a Silver trophy, lol.

Heya, sorry for the late response but congrats on getting the trophy! In my opinion the Neophile trophy should have been worth at least a Silver trophy, lol.

Neophile isn't a difficult trophy to get... it's just difficult knowing which levels can be used. But once you figure it out, it's pretty easy. And the fact you can repair your base if the health goes down too far makes it an easy trophy. I will say, though, that Neophile was the least fun trophy to get.

~ squodge ~

Many forget, and so did I that 2-2 has a tough boss and you need to have more anti air than you have built. I beat the level up to the boss(which is wave 14) and then died, but remembered that I didn't turn off the $ bonus...:mad:

Edited by Rh06

• 5 months later...
Am I missing something here? I did all the lvls on the 1st Moon and my 5th lvl I did on Kitsune on the 3rd moon. I only used lasers and anti-air towers but I didn't get the trophy, WHY?? Are you not allowed to upgrade turrets or something, or what?

You can upgrade the turrets as much as you want so there is no problem with that. I am going to bet that you must do five consecutive levels for the trophy to unlock seeing how you skipped from the 1st to the 3rd moon. I would just suggest doing the first five levels (i.e., 1-1,1-2,1-3,1-4 and 2-1) for this trophy.

Edited by Abuebao

• 3 weeks later...
What about the only laser trophy? I did 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4. and 2.2. and I did not get the trophy. I changed the difficulty from casual to training on the 2.2 level. Will that be the cause? or should I do 2.1 so it will be 5 in a row.

It probably has to be done with 5 levels in a row. Doing 5 levels in a row got me the trophy with no problems whatsoever.

• 7 months later...

I've got an irritating problem with Neophile Trophy. The last one on my list to get 100%.

I passed through classic planets 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 (with no damage to the base), and then 1-4, 2-2 using only Lasers and Anti-Air Towers every time ... and no trophy popped.

I repeated it 3 times. I even erased save file and started from the beginning. No effect... :(

Any ideas?

Has anyone else got such problems?

EDIT:

I've found a problem - I built some blocks in one stage, so it didn't count to trophy.

Edited by malybrat

• 10 months later...

I just did this one today.

I found 1-1 very hard. I did 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4 with no problems. Then I tried again on 1-1 a few times till I got it. Then I read on here how to make 2-2 easier in Training mode so did that one too, barely killing the massive flying boss just short of the base! Trophy popped. You can't make any towers or blocks other than those stated. I don't think you need to do them in any order as my order worked fine. Good luck.