Issue with 2.01 patch

OneIdJack73

Hey folks. Seeing that the new DLC was coming soon, I figured I'd fire up Savage Moon and sharpen my skills a bit. Opening it up, it prompted me to download the 2.01 update. No problem, let it download and install... now the game won't load. I get a "The copyright protection is invalid. (80029513)" error message. It appears that the 2.01 patch wipes the Owner info on the file, and then since it sees that no-one owns it, does not allow it to start.

Grrrr. I've redownloaded the demo, the unlock key, everything. And as soon as it goes to 2.01 it wipes the Owner.

Anyone else have this issue, or have any ideas on how I can fix it? And no, I've never gameshared. If I had, I'd expect this. But since I haven't, and purchase all my own games, it annoys the hell out of me.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

Jack

Hey folks. Seeing that the new DLC was coming soon, I figured I'd fire up Savage Moon and sharpen my skills a bit. Opening it up, it prompted me to download the 2.01 update. No problem, let it download and install... now the game won't load. I get a "The copyright protection is invalid. (80029513)" error message. It appears that the 2.01 patch wipes the Owner info on the file, and then since it sees that no-one owns it, does not allow it to start.

Grrrr. I've redownloaded the demo, the unlock key, everything. And as soon as it goes to 2.01 it wipes the Owner.

Anyone else have this issue, or have any ideas on how I can fix it? And no, I've never gameshared. If I had, I'd expect this. But since I haven't, and purchase all my own games, it annoys the hell out of me.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

Jack

Don't worry the same EXACT thing just happened to me. Well, here's to hoping for another patch...

Sorry to hear you folks got stuck with it too, but at least it's not just me. Whew. I had a few emails back and forth with Sony support today and the end result was... I should delete Savage Moon, re-download the demo, reapply the Full Game code, and then just cancel when it says I need to update to 2.01.

That seemed to work, as I'm back in the game playing, using 2.00, but I have a couple concerns.

1) They didn't seem to take my concern seriously, or give any indication that the problem would be passed on to whoever takes care of bug-fixes. Also, I still can't play 2.01 (whatever that is).

2) I used up a pile of downloads trying to fix THEIR problem, and the support emails completely ignored my questions about having the counter on them reset. I'll be very, very pissed if I can't re-download the game some time in the future due to a bad patch now. <grumble>

All that being said... time to go blow up some aliens!

Jack

I tried a different route and you guys should to. I e-mailed Fluffylogic (the developers of Savage Moon) and told them about the problem. There e-mail is hi@fluffylogic.net. The e-mail never came back so it should be right. Here is there website also: home | fluffylogic.net

Sony support is probably the worst place to go for this because all there going to do is either blame the developer or you.

2) I used up a pile of downloads trying to fix THEIR problem, and the support emails completely ignored my questions about having the counter on them reset. I'll be very, very pissed if I can't re-download the game some time in the future due to a bad patch now. <grumble>

Umm... huh?

There's no limit on how many times you can re-download something. The limit is you can download your stuff to a maximum of 5 different PS3 systems.

You can download a game from the store a million times over without a problem.

Umm... huh?

There's no limit on how many times you can re-download something. The limit is you can download your stuff to a maximum of 5 different PS3 systems.

You can download a game from the store a million times over without a problem.

Uh, no. This is incorrect. You can only download 5 times. You can download it 5 times to the same PS3, or 5 separate PS3s.

I must be lucky... I've installed the new patch, and I've got the new DLC... and everything works fine. I've had a crack at the first level, and I've had my ass handed back to me on a plate every time. The new invisicytes are a nuisance, but it's the death blossoms that deal out the real damage. Time to sharpen my skills...

~ squodge ~

Works fine for me as well. The game was even kind enough to do a "good" glitch on me, basically giving me the trophy for keeping a bug alive for 5+ minutes.

I was on the first area, I think stage 3 or 4 (kinda like a square with a platform in the center), and one of the enemies just kinda got stuck, and never moved. It did eventually, but had already hit the 5 minute mark. No need for me to sell/create towers (or plant chaos towers) all over the place to manipulate it!

And yes, Death Blossems are a pain in the ass. I will no longer build towers near their spawn area, learned that the hard way. Amp towers should help boost the range and "snipe" them. I haven't touched the game in a while, but it seems like those things are still broken (in the good sense).

Edited by Eternal_Spoon

Works fine for me as well. The game was even kind enough to do a "good" glitch on me, basically giving me the trophy for keeping a bug alive for 5+ minutes.

I was on the first area, I think stage 3 or 4 (kinda like a square with a platform in the center), and one of the enemies just kinda got stuck, and never moved. It did eventually, but had already hit the 5 minute mark. No need for me to sell/create towers (or plant chaos towers) all over the place to manipulate it!

And yes, Death Blossems are a pain in the ass. I will no longer build towers near their spawn area, learned that the hard way. Amp towers should help boost the range and "snipe" them. I haven't touched the game in a while, but it seems like those things are still broken (in the good sense).

That trophy doesn't look too bad... it's the "Purple Heart" trophy that'll frustrate us I reckon - completing a level with less than 25% health, and without healing the base at all :s

Got an official response back from Fluffylogic if people are still having problems:

First off, we'd like to say a big 'sorry' for the problems that you have

encountered. There is an issue that can arrive depending on whether or

not you have the game, trial and patch installed and the order in which

this happened.

Here at FluffyLogic we all got up early this morning and are busy

looking at the issue and working on a permanent fix! We will let you

know as soon as we/Sony find one.

There is a work-around that resolves the issue (and thanks to those who

spotted this earlier and helped other users with it!). This is to:

* Delete the game (but not your saves or trophies)

* Re-download trial.

* Run the trial.

* Quit the game.

* Download full game unlock (called "Savage Moon Full Game Unlock",

though might be slightly different name in different countries!)

* Run the game.

* Quit the game

* Download Waldgeist DLC.

Run the game.

Also if you are having trouble finding the new levels - in the level

select screen go left to access them. We also re-structured the

normal/vengence mode stuff so that we could fit more in and you now

select the versions of each level in the level select menu.

Note - we've added the ability to see the flying Insectocyte paths which

is toggled on/off by R3.

We hope you enjoy Waldgeist and again, huge apologies for the mix-up.

(Sign-up to the mailing list follow us on Twitter to keep ahead of

developments...)

News-list Info Page

ana kronschnabl (anakisssed) on Twitter

http://www.twitter.com/arclighfire

cheers

Ana

I am very surprised they e-mailed back and so fast to be honest. I guess some companies still care about there customers!

Edited by Bigsilvs

That trophy doesn't look too bad... it's the "Purple Heart" trophy that'll frustrate us I reckon - completing a level with less than 25% health, and without healing the base at all :s

I don't think that one will be difficult at all, since you can do them on any level. I figure I just pick one of the first few levels and let some of the enemies get through on purpose. Might take a few tries to figure out, but should be some simple trial and error.

As for surviving after that, if it's those levels, I perfect cleared them using only machine guns, so if I use some of other towers I should have a bit of an easier time.

I snagged the new DLC this morning and had the same problem. FluffyLogic is working on it. Fixed it using the method Bigsilvs quotes in his post, but found it on the playstation.forums. FluffyLogic is active over there too.

If you have an account on the playstation.forums they have a series of questions they are hoping users will answer in order to troubleshoot the issue.

savage moon work-around for 2.01 patch

Here is the latest from FluffyLogic;

"Thank you all for your answers.

The cause of the problem has been isolated, and a new patch is in the works. For those who wish to play the DLC, the fix previously posted should continue to resolve any problems you may have.

If you wish to play Savage Moon without the Waldgeist content, then deleting the game from your XMB, re-downloading and re-installing the trial version of the game and re-downloading the full-version unlock key will restore the game to its previous state - the 2.01 patch has been withdrawn for now, so the issue shouldn't recur. Your saves and trophies will be intact unless you have specifically deleted them.

Thanks again

James Parker, FluffyLogic"

Uh, no. This is incorrect. You can only download 5 times. You can download it 5 times to the same PS3, or 5 separate PS3s.

Seriously, this isn't the case.

I had in my posession, 5 legit owned ps3s. All my games were on all of them, and I could redownload at any time. If I hit the 5 wall, I just need to 'unauthorize' one of the ps3s and it works on a new one.