Skate 3: San Van Party Pack - Trophy Guide

Mecha Buu

iHSUUN1.jpg

Trophy Difficulty: 3.5/10

Offline: 9 (6 (B) and 3 (S))

Approximate time to 100%: 1 to 2 hours depending on skills.

Minimum number of playthroughs: 1

Number of missable trophies: None

Glitched Trophies: None

Trophies:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/352/63.jpg2 Wheel Rainbow (B)

Complete the 'Over the Rainbow' Photo Challenge

Challenge: Manual Over the Rainbow.

Just do a manual over the rainbow.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/352/64.jpgFlippin’ Loopy (B)

Complete 'The Corkscrew' Photo Challenge

Challenge: Double Full Loop.

This challenge can be tricky and it may take you numerous tries. Try pushing (:cross: or :circle:) 2 or 3 times and pump yourself (hit the right stick up before you jump) up the first loop and quickly steer yourself slightly to the left to avoid flying off after your first loop or lose control of your skater.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/352/65.jpgModern Major-Manual (B)

Complete the 'Modern Manual' Photo Challenge

Challenge: Gap to Manual Across the Ledge.

Another tricky challenge. It’s best to do one push to gain less speed and steer yourself to the gap and ollie-to-manual across the ledge.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/352/66.jpgOG ABD (B)

Complete the 'Gallery Gap Line' Film Challenge

Challenge: Gap to the 1st Ledge, Gap to the entire 2nd ledge.

If you’re having trouble gapping over to the 1st ledge, pull out a large kicker from the object dropper before you start the challenge and move it around until you put it at a good spot to help you jump to the ledge. And for the second ledge, jump and grind it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/352/67.jpgSlow and Steady (B)

Complete 'The Art of Rail' Film Challenge

Challenge: Grind the 1st Rail, Grind the 2nd Rail, 180 to Grind Down the Final Set.

Grind the rails in any way possible. As for the last one, do a 180 spin to a rail grind.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/352/68.jpgStair Maestro (B)

Complete 'The Quintessential Stair' Film Challenge

Challenge: Gap the Stair Sets.

Jump over the 5 sets of stairs.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/352/61.jpgI Own all the Classics (S)

Complete the 'Twin Spires' OTS Challenge

Vkpb37r.jpg

Get a score over 900.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/352/62.jpgBump and Grind (S)

Complete the 'Bump Riser' OTS Challenge

vEErful.jpg

Get a score over 650.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced some missing images and removed the user's signature.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/352/69.jpg Marraffanator (S)

Complete the 'Marraffa's Skatepark' OTL Challenge

Accumulation:

Tranny Trench

· Score over 20,000 pts

Keep doing tricks in the area that’s circled around you.

Gap Challenge:

Raffa’s Transfers

· Transfer to the Pocket bowl

· Transfer the Hip

· Transfer to the Lower Bowl

Remember to push and pump yourself to transfer over each spot.

Loop Line

· Rock the Full Loop

· Transfer Over the Rail

· 540 Transfer the Rise

Push and pump for the loop and repeat to transfer over the rail. For the rise, do a 540 spin while in the air.

Grass Trap

· Grind the Ledge

· Gap the Grass

· Manual Revert on the Disc

· Grind the Ledge Over the Grass

Grind the ledge in front of you and ollie over the grass. Ollie to manual the disc and do a revert with the left stick while you’re on it. Last grind the ledge next to the grass.

Tag the Spots:

The Midas Touch

· Grind the Golden Rails

Grind the 8 rails.

Solo Shot:

Hipster

Fingerflip 360 the Hip.

Do a 360 fingerflip (Hold L2 or R2 while flicking the right stick as if you were performing a flip move) on the hip.

Tricky Triangles

· Gap to Grind the entire Triangle

Jump from the first part of the triangle and grind on top of the other triangle to the end.

Trick List:

Skatepark Gauntlet

- Gap the Extensions (Where you start, you’ll see a brown ramp in the bowl. Try to ollie and grind the middle rail between the ramp walls.)

- Transfer the Steeped Spine (You’ll need to gain speed and quickly pump yourself over the spine.)

- Gap Over the Loop (It’s best to start on the top of the bank behind the loop. Try to jump as far as you can and grind the edge of the loop. If you have this and grind the loop in the list, you’ll be able to get both done.)

- Do a 540 Fingerflip (Self explanatory. Do a 540 spin while holding down a shoulder button and flicking the right stick.)

- Lateflip Over the Golden Mid-Rail (Do a flip trick in the air while transferring over the yellow rail.)

- Grind the Loop (Same as the loop gap. If you have both challenges in the list, you can get both done at the same time.)

- Transfer to the Lower Bowl (Push and pump yourself over to the lower bowl (the transfer next the golden rail ramp).)

Grind the Nub Extension (Grind on the nub in the lower skatepark area.)

- Do a 720 (Start from the top of the bank behind the loop to gain speed and pump for air while spinning. Best tip is to hold both analog sticks in the direction you’re trying to spin to make it faster.)

- Transfer to the Shallow Bowl (Easier method is to go around the bowl and gap from there.)

-Tailslide the Far Golden Rail (Located at the lower skatepark. Flick the rights stick as if you were performing a shuvit as you make contact with the rail.)

-3,500 pt trick (It’s best to try this while aiming for a 720 spin if that’s in your list. While you’re trying or not, try to gain a 3x to earn more points.)

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a trophy and removed the user's signature.

Lots of glitch : Some spin transfers can be made with a caveman ...

For "grinder the hub" just stay on it and drop with :triangle:

But I can't do the 3500 points...

Weird. One of the transfers I caveman'd actually checked off and I was just laughing at how weird that was. And for the hub, I just jumped on it while skating and made a small grind and it still worked.

The 3,500 point one is easy if you gain a 3x while doing tricks.

Is this dlc out buu. How much does it cost I will probally re rent skate 3 deppending on how much the dlc cost.

Yep. It just came out this week. The price is the same as Danny Way's Hawaiian Dream ($6.99). This DLC is easy, but the double loop and the trick list for OTL can give you a smidge of a hard time. I had to switch from Normal to Easy because of the trick list requires you to transfer numerous times. I hated that.

Oh yeah. And the areas you'll get in the DLC are the Art Gallery from Skate 1 and 2 with a new area called the Marraffa skatepark.

Great guide. It was a pretty easy DLC, all exept the 3500 point trick in the sick list.

Found a great place to nail that one though (se link if you are interested).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/skate-3/70318-part-play-marraffanator.html

cheers just finished this dlc i recommend doing maraffa's skatepark trick list online with at least 3 players

I got it by myself, needed a little practice but its very much doable. Had 3 minutes to spare when I got it.

I went for the gap first (the one straigh ahead at the start), then the 1 transfer(straight from where you land the gap), then the second transfer(to the right of where you land transfer),turn left and do the lateflip over the gold rail. Then you'll have 4 easy ones down right away. After those went to the high platform right by the loop and grinded the loop giving me both the "grind the loop" and "gap the loop". I then went to grind the nudge and tailslide the rail, both easy (but set waypoint just to be safe). I then wnet for the transfer to low bowl. This one can be tricky and I needed to practice alot on this one. The easy way to get it is to get of the board->run of the ledge-> when your up and between the tobowls you do a caveman (jump(square) and in the air push triangle to get on the board)),check.

From here on its the harder ones. I went back up to the platform by the loop and jumped on the the side of the loop(no the loop itself but the jumable spot to the right of the loop connected to the loop. Here I got the 540 fingerflip and 720(remember to pump, ollie and push both analogs to the same side-I have been noticing that backside spin is easier, but that might just be me). Now only the 3500 points is left. Se the link on top of this post to see a description of an "easy" way to do it

Edited by Atreyu0608

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just did all the other trophies in about half an hour, just missing the own the lot one. I suck at vert skating, soeehh.. If I do it with some friends, will an objective count as checked for me if they complete it? Or must everyone do them all?

If its a trick list per say, it does count for all of you.

Also, I found that after having some trouble on the double loop, by pulling and releasing the R2/L2 (pick one), it helped get around the loops (mainly glued me to the loop :D) and still counted. Just a tip.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn the 3500 pts trick in the OTL, that was damn hard! I tried it like 10 times and it was always the only one left for me. But then I went online with a friend and one random guy, but right away I got it without their help. Weird... Anyway, try to do it online if you're having problems with it. Maybe some other guy can help you out.

And now my Skate 3 is back to 100 % - woo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...