Petition to get SW3Z and SW3E!

Quagphil96

Coolio. I don't know if it's just my computer, but it's letting me vote multiple times so i've been doing a couple a day whenever there's nothing really to do!

Oh that's a brilliant idea :rolleyes: ....... let's cripple Koei's finances more than what they are now, in the process, YAY.

Let's do some What If's. What's the target? 20k? Let's say this petition reaches 20k, Koei Japan are shown this petition and then there's a, less than 1%, chance they decide to localize both games.... so let's say, 40k of games are shipped to the west (20k of each game) based off of that petition, how many of these games will be sold according to that petition???..... I'll tell you, about 3k, if that because of people creating various bogus signatures "asking" Koei to release the game overseas. So for every 20 they create 3 will be sold (maybe less) based off of the petition (i'll keep saying that just in case people want to get technical or be a complete arse.).... Imagine the nice little.... nah.... the freakin' huge loss they would make because people are egotistical in thinking as long as they get the game koei can fall into a financial black hole.

I'm not saying these are all realistic equations, they'll probably create 100k for each game for both NA and EU so they think they aren't underestimating the amount of sales they'll get.... that's if they decide to localise them both and that's if the petition gets to 20k in signatures. In reality they'll sell half if they're lucky, make a huge loss, and at the end of it all scrap localisation of all future SW games and any of their expansions and other spinoffs. They'll just release the main DW games knowing they will sell enough to make it worthy of an overseas release.

Not to depress people even further...... petitions hardly/never work. ;)

Edited by XtremeTornado

I guess you have a point there. I'll stop, i only started a few days ago and only managed to do about 10. But realise that not everyone who likes the SW series will actually sign it. only about one third will as the others won't have even heard of a petition. Then there's always the possibility of people in a shop going "that looks good!" and buying it when they haven't even heard of it. and with Koei, they only ever release 20K of games anyway and just ship more when demand is high (my dad works for Capcom EU and they always check in on rivals apparently). that and every company makes more than they need to and always realised that a game will never sell more than the original funding and that's why they have backdrop money that they can save up again and build up through the purchasings of games.

But i do get your point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Not totally releated to this thread so please forgive me. I don't understand why they'd release Dynasty Warriors in English but not Samurai Warriors. Do the Samurai Warriors games not sell well in the West compared to the Dynasty Warriors games?

Who - excluding ninjas - doesn't like samurais? I may just have to buy the Japanese versions. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Not totally releated to this thread so please forgive me. I don't understand why they'd release Dynasty Warriors in English but not Samurai Warriors. Do the Samurai Warriors games not sell well in the West compared to the Dynasty Warriors games?

Who - excluding ninjas - doesn't like samurais? I may just have to buy the Japanese versions. :)

It's worth the purchase. I haven't been able to put as much time into it as deserved, but I think it's a great game if you can get it for a reasonable price.

I'm sure that KOEI wants to protect its flagship here, and right now, that's DW. I would have preferred this to the DW:Gundam titles, for sure, although I really liked DW7.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Oh that's a brilliant idea :rolleyes: ....... let's cripple Koei's finances more than what they are now, in the process, YAY.

Let's do some What If's. What's the target? 20k? Let's say this petition reaches 20k, Koei Japan are shown this petition and then there's a, less than 1%, chance they decide to localize both games.... so let's say, 40k of games are shipped to the west (20k of each game) based off of that petition, how many of these games will be sold according to that petition???..... I'll tell you, about 3k, if that because of people creating various bogus signatures "asking" Koei to release the game overseas. So for every 20 they create 3 will be sold (maybe less) based off of the petition (i'll keep saying that just in case people want to get technical or be a complete arse.).... Imagine the nice little.... nah.... the freakin' huge loss they would make because people are egotistical in thinking as long as they get the game koei can fall into a financial black hole.

I'm not saying these are all realistic equations, they'll probably create 100k for each game for both NA and EU so they think they aren't underestimating the amount of sales they'll get.... that's if they decide to localise them both and that's if the petition gets to 20k in signatures. In reality they'll sell half if they're lucky, make a huge loss, and at the end of it all scrap localisation of all future SW games and any of their expansions and other spinoffs. They'll just release the main DW games knowing they will sell enough to make it worthy of an overseas release.

Not to depress people even further...... petitions hardly/never work. ;)

i know this post is old but a little irrelevant now that PSN store has Full Game downloads which cut off the price of producing physical copies so just like how we got warriors orochi 3 on PSN and now DW7E i see this coming more as a reality

so my advice if your fans and want to see this happen, now is the chance to sign the petition and see what can come about it

After playing it for a few hours, im kinda understand why they dont want to make it oversea. the game is inferior compared to sw2 (everything, even the graphics is poor, barely better than sw2 graphically) and i dont think people want to buy this crap game, unless you are a sw/dw/koei fan like me. Does this game even sells well in japan?

• 4 weeks later...
i know this post is old but a little irrelevant now that PSN store has Full Game downloads which cut off the price of producing physical copies so just like how we got warriors orochi 3 on PSN and now DW7E i see this coming more as a reality

so my advice if your fans and want to see this happen, now is the chance to sign the petition and see what can come about it

Yeah it's nearly a 2 year old post but still relevant especially the bottom line of it.... Online petitions still don't work, regardless of whether you're (not you personally but you as in the general public) a fan of the game or not.

Let's see how much money they save by having it as a download..... Not much. They may reduce costs by not producing packaging and manuals but they would have to bring in VA's for the English version or if they go One Piece/FOTNS 2/WO 3 route and just do subtitles that may take another year to translate it... By that time DW 8 will be out OP 2 will be out. Omega Force have too many projects going on for them to go back and make an English version of (what now in this generation is called) an old game.

Another reason is that it's a 2 year old game that Koei won't be bothered with by now, they would've cut their losses with Nintendo exclusive BS and have moved on, the only way this game is being played on western consoles is through imports... End of...... Or wait for an announcement of SW4, which haven't they already said to be working for 2014/15????

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Samurai Warriors 3 Z/XL and Empires Overseas Release Petition

That's a link to an online petition that will get Samurai Warriors 3 Z and Samurai Warriors 3 Empires brought over to the US and Europe if it gets enough votes. They are looking for 20,000 and last time i checked, it only just hit 1,000. So get voting :applause:

It'd be nice to see these ported over.

• 2 months later...