Tips for easier You're Hired trophy

billyballs

I found a pretty easy method for beating this bastard on Hard diff with no damage, and since there isn't a trophy guide up yet id thought id post

First, these tips are for Hard mode, and the fight is different on other difficulties. You'll be using little tricks and quirks in animations to mildly exploit his moveset, so make sure you've fought him a few times already. Also, he always follows the same pattern for the first half, the second half requires a little luck.

When the fight starts, the heli's will be crashing toward you. Press dpad Up to taunt, then R2 to lock on. Then roll dodge LEFT out of the way of the fire lines, and now the tricky part: you'll have to do a double jump, but time it so that when he dashes at you, you will land as soon as his animation finishes. You'll land behind him, hopefully just out of range of his backpunch. After he's done dashing, as soon as you hit the ground, hit him with 3 consecutive Quick Draws. This should knock him down after he does his "lines on the ground move". So as you knock him down, do a SHORT jump away from the lines on the ground and toward him, and as soon as you land, do another quick draw. Now, back away a bit and hit him with another taunt, and move in to start slashing him. Unlike last time you got close, he'll probably do a 2punch 2kick combo, so keep roll dodging and getting a slash or two when you can. He should switch phases before he finishes his combo.

The heli's are tricky to dodge, but make sure you have a save backup because if you get hit and it saves directly after, you're screwed. Just try to swing horizontally while moving the camera from left to right.

The second phase is trickier. Immediately taunt and make sure you're locked on, and you'll have to dodge his flaming dash. After your third dodge, he will be open for a few

seconds, so make sure you are near him after his third dash for an easy Quick Draw. After this quick draw, start slashing, because he can use one of three attacks: 2punch 2kick combo, "lines on the ground" or the fire pillars/wall. You'll have to recognize which one it is and act accordingly.

For 2punch 2kick, keep slashing and dodging and hope he does his "charge then explode" AoE move for an easy 2 quick draws.

For lines on the ground, repeat the phase 1 method.

For fire pillars, you'll need draw the pillars towards you, then run around them and behind the senator, where you'll have enough time for more quick draws. Careful, fire hot!

That should be about it, except for some annoying QTEs, butr make sure you backup your save after each phase and you should be good to go. Feel free to ask for clarification or something, I know text guides can be tricky for fights like this

He's just too hard. I simply can't do it. Been trying for about 8hrs straight. I'm only on Hard mode as well :rolleyes:. Everytime i dodge, instead of going to the left or the right, he will backflip, i get grabbed, restart. I swear, i'm so close just to just giving up. I've never given up on a trophy i've set out to do. But this fight has me beat. I would love to meet the person who programmed this fight, oh how i would love to. ;)

It's all about practice.

Don't worry about No damaging him, but take the time to learn his moves and his timing. Once you have it done and can read him like a book, you will find him a lot easier.

Just pause and restart before you reach a checkpoint or before you die.

I had to do this for over 2 hours before I finally got it down pat and beat him for no damage on revegence! I then did a S run on Hard........ I got so used to him being always super fast. I lost to his first phase. lolol

It's all about practice.

Oh how right you are. Finally after, say, 10hrs, maybe more, i got that trophy, it just popped then. I'm actually not that bad at the game, i'm not the best, but i'm not bad either, but that fight just had me on my knees haha. PHEWWWWWW i am happy, oh i am happy. I don't know what was worse, that fight or monsoon. Either way, both of them drove me insane :p I'm going to do Revengeance Hr run now, glad i can get hit this time :D

Oh how right you are. Finally after, say, 10hrs, maybe more, i got that trophy, it just popped then. I'm actually not that bad at the game, i'm not the best, but i'm not bad either, but that fight just had me on my knees haha. PHEWWWWWW i am happy, oh i am happy. I don't know what was worse, that fight or monsoon. Either way, both of them drove me insane :p I'm going to do Revengeance Hr run now, glad i can get hit this time :D

Awesome to hear. :applause::dance: Revengence run is extremely easy for the most part, you won't have any problem with it if you can beat Armstrong no damage.

Awesome to hear. :applause::dance: Revengence run is extremely easy for the most part, you won't have any problem with it if you can beat Armstrong no damage.

Revengeance was quite easy. Did it in 24mins. Believe it or not. After a couple of restarts on the Armstrong fight (didn't want to lose all my nanopastes :p) I beat armstong easily. I couldnt believe how easy it was, considering all the time it took me to do on hard mode :rolleyes:. But anyways, its all done now. Just waiting for the Wolf dlc. I've got every available trophy in every Metal Gear game, up to now anyways :dance:

• 6 months later...

Thannks Billy. Managed to find an exploit in his AI to bring him down without too much trouble by means of double jumping when he dashes (not the grabs). Can take a bit of practice and focusing very intensely on his movements, but doable. Got him in 90 minutes after trial and error.

Anyone stuck feel free to message and I'll try help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
after hundreds of tries in his 2nd phase, i cannot get past him. he simply does NOT stop dashing around. i've seen him do various moves on youtube videos where you are able to charge up an attack but never on any of my attempts. never got him below 40%. what am i missing here?

You're not missing anything, he's just extremely aggressive and you need to be patient to hit him. I know he can be relentless and you can even go a decent length of time without an opening; but you just need to be persistent.

thanks for response. will keep at it.

finally got this done after so, so many tries. being patient was getting me nowhere so i reverted back to my normal gameplay style of all out attack. never missed a chance to get a slash or 2 after every dodge and slowly whittled his health down without ever doing a charged attack. relief.

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit/multi-quote button instead of multi-posting.

• 9 months later...

ok the last thing i need to do is Beat Armstrong on Hard without Damage however this is were the problem lies. i beat him on Rev but it took me about 7 nanopaste.

HE WONT QUITE RUNNING OR TRYING to GRAB ME. He has ALL these moves yet only uses these 2 OVER and OVER and OVER.

i had down to 8.3% once was out of range yet his right cross hit me. yes i WAS OUT OF RANGE, i was about the distance of the "red circle" on the one move.

HOW can i BAIT him to use moves that need COOLDOWNS?????????

EDIT:

as always once you post you get it shortly after. i got REALLY LUCKY. he was taunted and he did his Red Ring move twice followed by a Lariat, a couple of Grabs then a 4 hit combo. as soon as the 4 hit was over a Full Charged a QD that dropped him to 7% health and Staggered. followed that witha 2nd Full Power QD and it was finally over.

Edited by DarkAmon

• 8 months later...

This guys an asshole. I tried all tips posted here and on YouTube and none helped. This method works in both stages (is there even a difference?), however in the first stage you want to run to him and hit him to enrage him, then taunt and run around his fire ground punch(es) and get a full quick draw. Then do this. Taunt after every fire charge (assuming your on Revengeance) and dodge right away. You will have to learn the timings for his charge grabs and charge hits but once you do, you'll realise you can fit in 1-2 Square hits or a triangle hit in between 2/3's of his charges. Triangle hits cause 3.9% damage when he's taunted, so in between fire charges you can easily take off 20% of his health by doing this. And his charge attacks are actually quite easy to dodge when you get the hang of it. You just need to press triangle when you think there's time and then dodge. Sometimes you won't hit him before you have to dodge but most of the time you will. So theoretically you only need to survive 2 fire charges and hope he throws in another move where you can get a full charge quick draw in and he's dead. Because let's face it, the only hard thing here is when his fire charge messes up and he starts going at a weird timing or spins in a circle around you which happened quite often...

• 1 month later...

This took me about 45 minutes to do on Hard. The fight isn't very hard at all, but it felt kind of cheap to me because the boss can cancel out of all of his recovery animations randomly and go into another charge. He will sometimes loop this 20 or more times if you don't put down any damage. I found the best way to stop him from doing this was to dodge into him when he goes for a grab and hit him two times with :square::square: then he would usually quit loop charging me so I could punish him with a charged strike during his full recovery animation after he whiffs an attack.

Sometimes I would get a parry instead of a dodge as well if the game thought I hit :square: slightly before :cross: causing me to take chip damage from having the boss taunt debuffed. Kind of frustrating...good luck to anyone trying this.

i had down to 8.3% once was out of range yet his right cross hit me. yes i WAS OUT OF RANGE, i was about the distance of the "red circle" on the one move.

I noticed that this move has some kind of phantom range to it as well. I could never dodge back and avoid it.

Edited by Elegy

• 3 months later...
This guys an asshole. I tried all tips posted here and on YouTube and none helped. This method works in both stages (is there even a difference?), however in the first stage you want to run to him and hit him to enrage him, then taunt and run around his fire ground punch(es) and get a full quick draw. Then do this. Taunt after every fire charge (assuming your on Revengeance) and dodge right away. You will have to learn the timings for his charge grabs and charge hits but once you do, you'll realise you can fit in 1-2 Square hits or a triangle hit in between 2/3's of his charges. Triangle hits cause 3.9% damage when he's taunted, so in between fire charges you can easily take off 20% of his health by doing this. And his charge attacks are actually quite easy to dodge when you get the hang of it. You just need to press triangle when you think there's time and then dodge. Sometimes you won't hit him before you have to dodge but most of the time you will. So theoretically you only need to survive 2 fire charges and hope he throws in another move where you can get a full charge quick draw in and he's dead. Because let's face it, the only hard thing here is when his fire charge messes up and he starts going at a weird timing or spins in a circle around you which happened quite often...

This one proved to be the winning strategy for me, but I had to evade a lot more fire dashes from him cause there was rarely an opening to taunt him a second and third time. Worst boss fight ever for me.

Edited by Brightblade

• 4 weeks later...

This boss is trash. Just plain garbage piece of "creativity". Monsoon was a fun no damage fight.

When it came down to it, this trophy felt more like luck than anything. He wasn't nearly as difficult to no damage as monsoon but the 2nd form and his godlike flaming clothesline love to screw things up.

HA. No way. Monsoon was cake compared to this buffoon. Actually Monsoon was the most fun fight in the game for me.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 1 year later...

I know I'm super late to this, but trying to finally finish up the trophies. I only have this trophy and Wolf DLC left.

Geez, I've watched videos and tried so many strategies, I can't seem to beat his second part no damage. I think I just really suck at dodging.

So my main question is I've been playing on Revengeance to try to get no damage, since that's what we had to do to easily get those trophies on the main game.

But here is it a better idea to just play hard mode to do this?

I had finished hard mode already just to hone my skills some but I didn't bother trying no damage on Armstrong for long because it seemed like I was taking forever to get his health down. I read someone say this is easier to do on Revengeance because of the increased attack damage, but it seems like on Revengeance I am just sitting on luck to get the right moves and have enough time to taunt.

So if you play this on hard does he move slower or give you more windows of time to hit him? Maybe that's my problem. I might try to run to him again on hard in a few days on a new save but hopefully if any of you are still reading this by then you can impart some wisdom on what would be an easier way for me to get this trophy. Also note I can't do weird techniques some people say like Blademode-cancel dash attack. I saw this in one video and don't see how they are doing this or have the time to.

Yeah nevermind, I ended up and doing it on hard. He definitely seems to attack less fast and there seems to be a slightly larger window of time. That fucking flaming punch move goes from 7-8 dashes on Revengeance mode to 2-3 on hard.

I ended up just using the quick slash as much as I could with the window of time given. Still took me another hour and a half of messing around and hoping for the right set of moves so that I could get there. When I finally did it, I was coming off of two charged hits and a slash one after another because Armstrong did two of those blast circular charge moves in a row, giving me enough time to take about 25% at once.

Christ I hope this game doesn't ever get some HD rerelease. Or if they do, give us a break on the trophies.

Edited by PainOfDemise