XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > S (PSN) > Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 1

Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help with Soothsayer trophy

I finished that game and got all trophies following the new location in new game +. Didn't get soothsayer trophy despite using future vision on Sam at multiple locations and before and after all tasks. Any typical areas I may have missed? Anyone got the number of future visions for Sam? Thanks for help if possible.
Primal2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   15,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   LittleBigPlanet Winter Wonderland, Third Place   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Hmm, I'm not sure. Best I can do is give you the list of places I made up while I was going back for the "Frequent Flier" trophy that I missed. Some of these places won't have Future Visions for Sam though, so I would assume they don't count.
  • sewer
  • Straight and Narrow
  • mysterious alley (area unlocked after beating game once)
  • Bosco-Tech labs - street
  • Bosco-Tech labs - roof
  • Bosco-Tech labs - interior
  • Skun'ka'pe's flagship
  • Stinky's Diner
  • place you go the first time you teleport to "Stinky's cell"
  • moleman processing room
  • Meesta Pizza
  • pawn shop
  • toy store
  • Penal Zone
  • mysterious tunnel
I think that's all the locations, because my "To the Five Boroughs" trophy popped in the mysterious tunnel the first time I went in there, and I got "Soothsayer" there as well once I used Future Vision on Sam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_357 View Post
Like I know he's not hotter than me, no one's hotter than me except .
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
  • mysterious alley (area unlocked after beating game once)
  • place you go the first time you teleport to "Stinky's cell"
I think that's all the locations, because my "To the Five Boroughs" trophy popped in the mysterious tunnel the first time I went in there, and I got "Soothsayer" there as well once I used Future Vision on Sam.
Exactly right. The Mysterious Alley and the place where Stinky's Cell is found are two areas I can confirm you don't need to/can't use Future Vision.
Laharl Etna Flonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Does straight and narrow have a future vision? Because Sam is always out of view from Max, I can't turn to reach him.

Currently working to : Backlog!
tearsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yes, it does. More than one actually.

EDIT: Although I can't remember if they are triggered on Sam or just involve him.

Last edited by Vorum; 04-22-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Vorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

so you just need to see a future vision of Max once in every area right? or do you need to see every possible vision involving Max in the whole game?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

To be on the safe side, use Future Vision each time you enter an area.
Laharl Etna Flonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've been struggling with this one as well, I've gone through the game a second time trying to get all the future visions with no success. I did manage to get the frequent flier and the boroughs trophies but the soothsayer one still eludes me.
Basically I went through this list:

-Straight and Narrow (I found a few involving sam on the street, you can't actually use him directly while over on the far right hand side, but in the middle you can just get his hand in the 'crosshair')
- Skunkapes spaceship (both lower and upper floors)
*- Mole Processing Chamber (couldnt find a future vision at all in here)
- Stinky's Diner
*- Sewer (all three entrances, couldnt get a future vision for just sam, but I used it on everything else down there)
*- Stinkys cellphone location when you teleport there (no future visions at all here)
- Boscotech interior (both levels), street level and the roof
- Mysterious Alley
- Meesta Pizza
- Toy Store
- Pawn Shop
*- Penal Zone (no future visions here)
- Mysterious Tunnel

Now I think I've got them all on that list, but the ones I've marked with stars are ones I couldnt find a future vision for sam on; can anyone else confirm or deny that you can't get a future vision in those locations? Also am I missing any? I feel like I've gone to every place and used the future vision toy on just about everything all the way through the game at least twice; so I'm stumped as to what I've missed.

EDIT:
I've just played through the game for a fourth time, this time following a speedrun guide. Every single time I went into a new environment I used the future vision toy on Sam and on everything I could see in the place. These are the order in which I encountered them and if I was able to use the future vision on Sam:
street - got one directly on sam
spaceship - done
diner - done
sewer - done
mysterious alley - cant do it
bosco, street - done
bosco, roof - done
bosco, inside - done
stinkys cell loc - cant do
moleman room - cant do
meesta pizza - done
meesta pizza alley - done
pawn shop - done
toy store - done
penal zone - cant do
mysterious tunnel - done

Now, after doing this, I still don't have the trophy. Really am stumped here, the only thing I can think of is that the different 'phases' of certain environments need to be redone. For example when you're on general skunkapes spaceship for the first, second and third times; different characters are there so does this count as a different environment? Really got no idea why it's not unlocked unless I've missed somewhere out....

EDIT2: Just completed the game for a 5th time following this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...e/991373/59574
to speed things up. Used the future vision at every available opportunity before and after doing anything/talking to anyone/picking up anything.. still no trophy. There must be a location I've missed but I can't for the life of me think where it would be.

Last edited by Christovftw; 05-01-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Christovftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

*bump* any thoughts anyone?
Christovftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Angry

I have the same problem
amricardo is offline   Reply With Quote