Help with Soothsayer trophy

Hmm, I'm not sure. Best I can do is give you the list of places I made up while I was going back for the "Frequent Flier" trophy that I missed. Some of these places won't have Future Visions for Sam though, so I would assume they don't count.

• sewer
  • Straight and Narrow
  • mysterious alley (area unlocked after beating game once)
  • Bosco-Tech labs - street
  • Bosco-Tech labs - roof
  • Bosco-Tech labs - interior
  • Skun'ka'pe's flagship
  • Stinky's Diner
  • place you go the first time you teleport to "Stinky's cell"
  • moleman processing room
  • Meesta Pizza
  • pawn shop
  • toy store
  • Penal Zone
  • mysterious tunnel

I think that's all the locations, because my "To the Five Boroughs" trophy popped in the mysterious tunnel the first time I went in there, and I got "Soothsayer" there as well once I used Future Vision on Sam.

• mysterious alley (area unlocked after beating game once)
  • place you go the first time you teleport to "Stinky's cell"

I think that's all the locations, because my "To the Five Boroughs" trophy popped in the mysterious tunnel the first time I went in there, and I got "Soothsayer" there as well once I used Future Vision on Sam.

Exactly right. The Mysterious Alley and the place where Stinky's Cell is found are two areas I can confirm you don't need to/can't use Future Vision.

I've been struggling with this one as well, I've gone through the game a second time trying to get all the future visions with no success. I did manage to get the frequent flier and the boroughs trophies but the soothsayer one still eludes me.

Basically I went through this list:

-Straight and Narrow (I found a few involving sam on the street, you can't actually use him directly while over on the far right hand side, but in the middle you can just get his hand in the 'crosshair')

- Skunkapes spaceship (both lower and upper floors)

*- Mole Processing Chamber (couldnt find a future vision at all in here)

- Stinky's Diner

*- Sewer (all three entrances, couldnt get a future vision for just sam, but I used it on everything else down there)

*- Stinkys cellphone location when you teleport there (no future visions at all here)

- Boscotech interior (both levels), street level and the roof

- Mysterious Alley

- Meesta Pizza

- Toy Store

- Pawn Shop

*- Penal Zone (no future visions here)

- Mysterious Tunnel

Now I think I've got them all on that list, but the ones I've marked with stars are ones I couldnt find a future vision for sam on; can anyone else confirm or deny that you can't get a future vision in those locations? Also am I missing any? I feel like I've gone to every place and used the future vision toy on just about everything all the way through the game at least twice; so I'm stumped as to what I've missed.

EDIT:

I've just played through the game for a fourth time, this time following a speedrun guide. Every single time I went into a new environment I used the future vision toy on Sam and on everything I could see in the place. These are the order in which I encountered them and if I was able to use the future vision on Sam:

street - got one directly on sam

spaceship - done

diner - done

sewer - done

mysterious alley - cant do it

bosco, street - done

bosco, roof - done

bosco, inside - done

stinkys cell loc - cant do

moleman room - cant do

meesta pizza - done

meesta pizza alley - done

pawn shop - done

toy store - done

penal zone - cant do

mysterious tunnel - done

Now, after doing this, I still don't have the trophy. Really am stumped here, the only thing I can think of is that the different 'phases' of certain environments need to be redone. For example when you're on general skunkapes spaceship for the first, second and third times; different characters are there so does this count as a different environment? Really got no idea why it's not unlocked unless I've missed somewhere out....

EDIT2: Just completed the game for a 5th time following this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/991373/59574

to speed things up. Used the future vision at every available opportunity before and after doing anything/talking to anyone/picking up anything.. still no trophy. There must be a location I've missed but I can't for the life of me think where it would be.

Edited by Christovftw

• 4 weeks later...
I have the same problem

Me too.

I've just finished my second playthrough, and I tried to future vision everything every step of the way. I can say that sometimes the vision of sam changes just after doing something but still in the same environment. I'm starting to think this is a bug. It's pretty clear from the trophy that this is supposed to be for seeing Sam's future in every environment, so it shouldn't require seeing every one of them.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
yea the same thing is happening to me. ive gone through it twice and the only thing i can think of is that you have to do the pawn shop, toy shop and maesta pizza before act 4. we must just be going onto act 4 when were doing those locations
You could have read my guide and it would have told you that already. :p

You can't go back to any of those 3 locations once you get to Act 4 as the C.O.P.S. will refuse to let you drive the DeSoto anywhere with Skunkape flying around.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I played through this game twice and didn't get the trophy (although I think I missed the Straight and Narrow one in my first playthrough).

Anyways, I deleted my save data and started from scratch. I also did multiple future visions for each environment (when I first entered the environment and then after every time the vision came true, I did another one). I don't know if that was overkill or if that's what is required, but I got the trophy.

• 4 weeks later...