To those who downloaded this on PS Plus and is going for 100%

Naps

... just found out that the three DLCs just cost a little under £5.00 each when bought separately on PSN. So that is about £15.00 to get all the DLCs to complete the game to 100%. I also found out that the SR3: The Full Package (on disc) which includes the 3 DLCs and ALL the extras and add-ons cost only £18.00 (as of this posting) on CeX (UK) or we can also try eBay.

The extra outfits and weapons as well as the purple VTOL and Saints Cruiser tank are all included plus all downloadable content as well. The contents alone is worth about £30.00, it is a great bargain no matter how you look at it.

So if you are planning to download SR3 PS Plus version, have not started the game yet and plan to play the DLCs - DO NOT PLAY the (digital) PS PLUS version. Since you are going to spend about 15 quid to purchase the DLCs, you might as well get the Full Package version instead - brand new or pre-owned.

Q: Why not play the PS Plus version and just get the DLCs separately?

A: We can not because the game data/saves/progress are NOT compatible. You will have to start again from the start if you decide to play the DLCs on the dics version. 

At least with the FULL PACKAGE version we get a physical disc that is our to keep, share or give it to someone else when we are done or simply sell it back. 

ALSO to those that are just about to play this game, there is one upgrade item we must SAVE until the end - the City Takeover upgrade under BONUS upgrade. You get one at Level 1 Respect and another at Level 28 Respect.

SAVE THEM until the part where we are trying to completely takeover a district. We all have different strengths and weaknesses - some will find Insurance Fraud harder, while others can not get a grip on the Heli Assaults - and in my case the Trail Blazing activities were the ones that game me a headache.  Purchasing the City Takeover upgrade will FULLY complete all activities and everything that is needed to be done in that district. 

So yeah do SAVE YOUR TAKEOVER TOKENS FOR LAST!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

EDIT: 27.04.2022

This game only cost peanuts nowadays - only £2.50 as of this edited writing and can be bought at CEX. The good news it that the DLCs will always be included in the disc.  The bad news is regarding the ONLINE trophy for uploading your custom made character which is officially unobtainable because of server closures.  There is a workaround on how to trick the game into accessing a proxy server HERE, to unlock the Jumped In trophy.

This game was also remastered for the PS4 and it also has all the DLCs in it as well.

Edited by Naps

ALSO if you are just about to play this game, there is one upgrade item you must SAVE until the end - City Takeover upgrade under BONUS upgrades. You get one at Level 1 Respect and another at Level 28 Respect. SAVE THEM until the last part of the game when you are trying to completely takeover a district. Players have different strengths and weaknesses - some say Insurance Fraud is harder, some can't get a grip on Heli Assaults and in my case it's the Trail Blazing activities Tron style (what a fucker that one is! Still have to do that shit) and I wasted all my tokens by blindlessly and carelessly spending them on random hoods. Now I'm in deep shit LOL... So yeah SAVE YOUR TAKEOVER TOKENS FOR LAST!

Wish I had to seen this this earlier......darn-it....could have saved me some time since I am now grinding things out and a couple are a pain in the neck :(

Buy them ONLY if you're after the 100%, and try getting the Full Version (FV) instead of buying the download DLCs. The FV is value for your money as you save a LOT. Think of the other added stuff as freebies.

Getting the VTOL and the Tank V2 at the beginning of the game can be very helpful though. It's almost like a "cheat" as you're overpowered from the start.

-----

I wish I knew about that Mafia 2 Director's Cut (like Saints Row III Full Package). I ended up paying under £15.00 for two digital DLCs (needed to complete the game to 100%) when a pre-owned Full Version of Mafia 2 (on disc) costs just under a tenner. It's sound advice to check first how many DLCs the games on PS Plus require for 100%. Then decide if you should either carry-on playing with the digital version (plus purchasing the digital downloads), or search for a "complete package" version of the game. It will save you a lot of dough TBH.

Edited by Naps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
just platinumed it.

no way i'm buying the 3 DLCs for $6.99 a piece. thats more than the season pass.

i've buy them if they went on sale for like $10 total. but $20 seems a little much for such an old game. they really need to drop the price

after I read the dlc only lasts like 2-4 hours each I would rather pay half price for the season pass. if it were $10 at least I would certainly get the 100%. otherwise I'm afraid it will be $20 for eterinity. $10 the season pass/dlc would definitely be worth it.

Just for the record, the Sci-Fi sale that just started on the PSN has reduced the Gangstas in Space DLC to £1.21 in the UK and presumably has a similar discount elsewhere in Europe at least. If you've already got the PS+ version started and want 100% it might be worth grabbing it.

not in USA. just checked

still $6.99 a piece for all 3 dlcs.

thanks 4 getting my hopes up u tosser. :)

• 4 months later...
  • Naps changed the title to To those who downloaded this on PS Plus and is going for 100%