Is there a method to spawning survivals?

mememe223

I know that you have to stay in a hood for one to spawn but is there a way to get them to spawn faster, it's the last thing I need for 100% among a few other challenges and I'm getting bored of just standing around. I need 15 more of them and it's just putting me off playing the game.

I know the full strategy now;

You only get calls when you're on foot, so avoid entering any vehicles till you get a call

You also can't have any notoriety at that time

You won't get called while on a mission or activity

Entering diversions (like vehicle surfing or hostage) cancel the challenge

The location you're in doesn't seem to matter as I've gotten calls that sent me from one side of the map to the other.

when you are stuck at 25/26 survival missions and you don't get the final call then maybe you are not far enough through the game, no spoilers but you need to be at a certain point and then this one will call through

You only get calls when you're on foot, so avoid entering any vehicles till you get a call

The location you're in doesn't seem to matter as I've gotten calls that sent me from one side of the map to the other.

when you are stuck at 25/26 survival missions and you don't get the final call then maybe you are not far enough through the game, no spoilers but you need to be at a certain point and then this one will call through

Thanks, this is the only challenge i need. I hope that don't take to long to complete it.

... so I'm sticking my guns to doing this before I had taken over the whole of Steelport. I'm at Level 50 max, got about $3,000,000 plus, have all the VTOLs, STAG APCS and the whole nine yards shit, maxed out all Cellphone/Mobile phone upgrades as well...

I'm already at 35 hours plus and just went past "Murderbrawl" and another mission "post-martial law event" which is where I got my last survival phone call... I've been reading about "post game" problems with the objectives so I'm not taking any chances. Still having fun though, not the slightest bored coz this shit is something I haven't played in before - ridiculously out of whack plot-kind-of-game :dance:

I think the only way to get this is doing coop with someone who still has to do them as well.

Edited by Naps
Removed "spoilers", with respect to EternalSonata :)

I know that you have to stay in a hood for one to spawn but is there a way to get them to spawn faster, it's the last thing I need for 100% among a few other challenges and I'm getting bored of just standing around. I need 15 more of them and it's just putting me off playing the game.

I actually did the last 10 or so of mine while I was doing the base jumping challenge.

I'd go to the top of my tower, jump off and land.

Do it again

On the land - phone call.

Rinse, repeat.

But really, just standing around is your best bet to get them to trigger.

I actually did the last 10 or so of mine while I was doing the base jumping challenge.

I'd go to the top of my tower, jump off and land.

Do it again

On the land - phone call.

Rinse, repeat.

But really, just standing around is your best bet to get them to trigger.

... and I'm still getting calls for survival battles, despite having completed the challenge. Strange why some would have a bit of a hard time getting this in post-game. I've been getting calls despite not being idle....

The base jump method at the Saints HQ is a sure hit. Been getting a lot of survival request/calls by just being there.

Edited by Naps
brain farts...

• 4 months later...

Thanks for posting this, found it in a search.

I had completed everything except the survival challenges for the "You're my hero!" trophy and that's the only trophy I need for the platinum. :)

With hindsight, I'd have done the survival calls as I went, rather than a small grind at the end....