Is My Character Lost Forever? Help!

fletchar2

So I customised my character on the initiation station and it was the perfect lookalike of what I was trying to achieve. I spent a while making it. Anyway, it said the character was uploaded to the website. Just tonight I decided to look at him online and see if all was well. I had to then register to the website and link my PSN account. When I linked my PSN account, it said I had no characters uploaded yet. Is my character lost forever or is there a way of getting him back? Why would I be told that it is uploaded when I wasn't even registered!

I thought you couldn't upload anything without first creating an account: I tried uploading a character yesterday and it wouldn't let me precisely because of that reason. Only after registering an account was I able to upload a character today.

From your story, looks like your character is lost forever.

aw sorry to hear that, but its good this thread is up, so i know not to do that.

So you created a character on your ps3, and uploaded it but its lost? isnt it still on your ps3?

i havent done this yet so i am just confused. did your trophy pop up?

As it is just the demo/beta, you cannot store characters on the console and when I clicked 'upload' it said it was successfully uploaded. However, when I went on the site to view my character, it said that I had to register (i.e. the character hadn't uploaded even though it said it had) and therefore I had to make it again. It will make sense when/if you play it ;)

^ We're refering to the initiation station, not the game (that is not out yet). Our characters are indeed lost forever, they are not saved on the console.

thanks. yea i figured as much. THis is the character creator that was like a free demo right? There is a trophy for creating and uploading your character, so i figure i will get the game and do that first for that trophy. I will go make an account just so i dont have a problem.

also someone mentioned that it was fixed and that their character that wasnt showing up online, finaly did show up, so you all go check and hope it went through

Are you sure? Have you linked the right PSN to your SR3 site account?

I don't have several PSN accounts. I made my character when the tool was made available (one day later) so maybe the problem wasn't fixed at this moment.

Uploads = 0 :(

I had one hope when I saw your post but finally it seems that I've lost my character forever.

I didn't keep the tool after that but maybe if I redownload it and recreate a random character now and upload it I'll have the chance to see my lost character ? Oh well I'm trying again !

EDIT : Okay... Just recreated a random character and sent it... Still nothing in my profile... Great... :rolleyes:

EDIT n°2 : Hmm... Logged out and in and my 2 last characters created today popped, but of course the first one is still not there... It was too good to be true... :(

Edited by Alex Fly