Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Vyrastas

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Saints Row IV. This thread has been created to discuss anything Saints Row IV related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread may result in a three day ban.

Still learning the rules of forum post but thanks for the info Vyrastas.:p

Anyways what I liked about Saints Row IV story is that they incorporated bits and pieces from the first second and third Saints Row. For example the one audio log of Keith saying that he didn't know that our character would survive the boat explosion (From Saints Row 1).

And the story about Johnny Gat fate really surprised me.

But overall I like every aspect of the story. Like how you need to relive your homie's nightmares in order to save them and all.

Oh I forgot to mention.....that ending where Zinyak's head is ripped off along with the spine. I didn't see that coming.

The amount of references was nuts, here's some I got.

Call of Duty - The very start of the game.

Armageddon - Stopping the nuclear missile whilst Aerosmith plays.

Metal Gear Solid - One of Asha's missions, this one is very blatant!

They Live - The Keith David segment with Roddy Piper, I didn't realise but the actor that Piper is fighting in the movie IS Keith David!

Star Wars - Keith David's super gear is basically a Lando Calrissian costume.

Mortal Kombat - Pierce's costume is very similar to Raiden or Kung-Lao from MK.

The Matrix - Basically the whole game is a tribute to the Matrix, but jumping into the Warden's and Ben King's Morpheus costume are two big ones.

Transformers - When the Touch plays as you put on the power armour.

Dead Island - Gets mentioned by Keith David, and also in a few random coding bits.

Tron - A lot of the cyber stuff and in particular the Cyber bike.

Mass Effect - A lot of the ship/romance stuff, and I believe that Kinzie's super suit is modelled on Tali.

Pro Wrestling - Ignoring the very obvious ones (several taunts, Roddy Piper, RVD commentating on Genkibowl) Gat's dance at the end reminded me of this starting at 3 minutes,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b104In4Ida4]Brodus Clay VS Vickie Guerrero Dance Off (WWE Smackdown) - YouTube[/ame]

There's gonna be a lot more that I've missed!

Edited by Xander45

I know it was mentioned briefly above but I loved the "One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" speech from the Transformers Movie and the track The Touch being included. For those of you too young to remember it, it was a cartoon movie from 1986, wow I'm starting to feel old! Here is the scene for those of you who haven't seen it. Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7GeisRaias]Optimus Prime vs Megatron HD Transformers The Movie 1986 - YouTube[/ame]

They really did a great job on the story and most things where mentioned but the Double Dragon gameplay to save Gat was really great too among all the other change up of play.

Also having both Roddy Pipper and Keith David that was just amazing and fun to have them in the group at the same time.

Though only one thing upset me, when you beat the game you should be able to have Jane Austin as a Homie, now that would be amazing, hopefully she is in some of the dlc or if they make another game.

The only thing I'm wondering about now is....whats next? The Zin guy mentioned time travel, being able to travel back in time to save Earth BEFORE Zinyak invaded, which I was expecting to be the very end of the game...and since it wasn't it has me thinking that the whole plot for Saints Row 5 could be the Saints taking over the Zin planet (From president to the ruler of an entire planet! Planet Saints!) in search of this Time Machine. Not only would it give us a reason to have a brand new area to explore...but also it could truly utilize the Next gen systems in having a nice World (instead of just a city) to play around in.

I know there's been a lot of speculation going around that Saints Row is done and over with, but I highly HIGHLY doubt that. This game left a nice door open for a whole new approach to the craziness, and while it'll be 2-3 years from now, I'm fully expecting to see Saints Row 5 on PS4.

The only thing I'm wondering about now is....whats next? The Zin guy mentioned time travel, being able to travel back in time to save Earth BEFORE Zinyak invaded, which I was expecting to be the very end of the game...and since it wasn't it has me thinking that the whole plot for Saints Row 5 could be the Saints taking over the Zin planet (From president to the ruler of an entire planet! Planet Saints!) in search of this Time Machine. Not only would it give us a reason to have a brand new area to explore...but also it could truly utilize the Next gen systems in having a nice World (instead of just a city) to play around in.

I know there's been a lot of speculation going around that Saints Row is done and over with, but I highly HIGHLY doubt that. This game left a nice door open for a whole new approach to the craziness, and while it'll be 2-3 years from now, I'm fully expecting to see Saints Row 5 on PS4.

They have the time machine though, it was on the ship, watch the credits again and the side of it shows pictures of various Saint's in different time periods doing various things with famous people or events.

Also they wouldn't need to take over anything Zin related because the Boss/player already took them over and all the planets that got taken over by the Zin, because Zinyak was the leader and it was mentioned in his text adventure that he got the position by killing the previous ruler.

Though still open to what I was thinking it might do even before I played the game and have one based around traveling through time.

But still a chance could take on another planet that is uprising or another threat or such.

I didn't mean go to the Zin planet and start a war to "take it over" I meant having the ship travel to to the Zin planet and he be its official ruler therefore "Taking it over". Quite frankly after this game, I'm just ready to get away from Stillwater and Steelport. It would be cool to see the Saints become Inter-Planetary hero's of sorts...creating Saints all over the Universe.

Hehehe, ah of course, my bad then it just is I am so use to thinking of the saints and taking over of the other type.

Though it is nice to see them go from a group of murdering thugs to a group of anti heros that are trying to do the right things. Though I do hope to see more characters from the third again in the fifth game that got blowen up.

Since we're also talking about all the references...

in the challenges was a very nice one from tiny tina :D made me go like mad when i read it :p

all around... :p

but i sortof like the retro rebirth one can see at the moment.

Take the references here in SR4... take Farcry Blood Dragon... take all the old games that will be remade and/or were announced at Gamescom/E3 ...

Who needs a time machine if the games come back on their own :D

a few questions i recently found an audio log from keith david in which he proclaims he blew up the protagonists boat at the end of saints row 1 now keep in mind i have not found any more audio logs by keith david nor played saints row 1 or 2 so im wondering does the protagonist now that ketih david blew up his boat and does keith david explain his reasons further

a few questions i recently found an audio log from keith david in which he proclaims he blew up the protagonists boat at the end of saints row 1 now keep in mind i have not found any more audio logs by keith david nor played saints row 1 or 2 so im wondering does the protagonist now that ketih david blew up his boat and does keith david explain his reasons further

From what I know, it's not Keith David that tried to kill the Protagonist, it was Julius Little. I'm not too sure about why one of Keith David's audio logs mention it. Maybe because Julius Little was voiced by Keith David himself?:rolleyes:

And in a particular cutscene in Saints Row IV, Kinzie is talking to Keith on the ship and she tells Keith that he sounds just like Julius Little(hence the same voice actor).

The Protagonist knows that Julius Little planted the bomb on the yacht in Saints Row 2 after finding recorded audio evidence of Julius Little saying that he needed to plant the bomb to kill the Portagonist because the Saints were getting too violent.

From what I know, it's not Keith David that tried to kill the Protagonist, it was Julius Little. I'm not too sure about why one of Keith David's audio logs mention it. Maybe because Julius Little was voiced by Keith David himself?:rolleyes:

And in a particular cutscene in Saints Row IV, Kinzie is talking to Keith on the ship and she tells Keith that he sounds just like Julius Little(hence the same voice actor).

The Protagonist knows that Julius Little planted the bomb on the yacht in Saints Row 2 after finding recorded audio evidence of Julius Little saying that he needed to plant the bomb to kill the Portagonist because the Saints were getting too violent.

actually now that you mentioned it the hairstyle is different between the audio logs from keith david then the one i found maybe it is in fact julius maybe i just figured it was the same person due to the ssame voice and all

actually now that you mentioned it the hairstyle is different between the audio logs from keith david then the one i found maybe it is in fact julius maybe i just figured it was the same person due to the ssame voice and all

If I remember correctly there was no audio logs by Julius Little. Maybe it was the audio that threw you off.

I admit that it threw me off as well.:rolleyes:

EDIT: Nevermind. There was Julius Little Audio logs.:p

Edited by SOFxColdPizza

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sadly it'll most likely be a while until another saints row comes out :/ especially considering what they could do next. A game such as saints row is only good while they are able to progress to a higher subject, such as how it was gang leader, take over steelport, president, what next? My hope is that they create a huge unique one which will involve time travel! Only downside is it'll make the ammount of work on and playing the game a bitch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...