Miniguide: How to fast get lvl 30!

MINIGUIDE FOR FAST REACHING LV 30 IN A FEW MINUTES !!!

Hey guys, started playing this game at Story Mode on normal difficult, like road map guy said, it can be hard to kil last bosses with low lvl poorly equipped saints. To solve that without changing the difficulty midstory and losing my trophy I searched for other good method of gaining XP.

This method is only useful for under lvl 30 saints and to farm XP, not CP. You'll gain low CP doing this. To farm CP use the method described at Road Map (but it also requires a lot of expensive skills to start doing it).

Method to get 4k XP in near 30 seconds:

1) Go to Mission Mode > Survival > Online Survival.

2) There's only one survival challenge at "Divine" difficulty.

3) Choose the saint you want to lvl up and start your challenge.

4) As soon as started let your char die, 1 or 2 hits cause opponents are vicious!! :eek:

5) Keep pressing :cross: in the challenge result screens and you'll see you've won 3,9k-4,6k XP.

6) Repeat many times or until your patience is gone. :p

Considerations/Comments:

1) Because "divine" difficulty you always get an absurd score bonus that prevents you of obtain less than rank D.

2) Rank D challenge nets you around 4k XP, rank C nets around 4,4k XP.

3) This small difference makes any survival effort pointless, it's faster to die as soon as possible and repeat :(.

4) Each challenge takes around 30 seconds if you count preparation, loading, sending result online and the actual fighting (or the lack of fighting).

5) If you consider 2 challenges per minute, so 8k XP per minute and a low lvl char requires around 2k per lvl, you can get 4 lvls per minute, more or less.

6) After lvl 20 your char requires around 3k to lvl up, then you'll get 2 and a little lvls per minute, which it's still good.

7) After lvl 30 your character's stats are more than good enough to face any last bosses at Story Mode Normal and a little more prepared for Story Mode Hard.

8) If you equip the Seal of Athena you'll get 6k XP, speeding up the process. It costs only 6.5k CP so buy it as you first skill if you desire. :)

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

"ROAD TO GLORY" THE UNOFFICIAL ROADMAP

WARNING: Save your CPs to buy the skill which allows infinite continues, "Unbending Heart", it costs 28,5k.

1) Start the game and play Story Mode at Easiest difficulty, you'll cruise even being lvl 1, just to unlock all saints. Don't worry about getting more lvls, it's best if you never use a continue in this run so you get a trophy for not using a continue.

2) Do the lvl up trick for all the bronze saints + Marin of Eagle so they get lvl 30 fast. You may have already bought the Athena Seal by this time, thus making it faster.

3) Complete all other Side Stories from Story Mode at easy or normal difficulty, try to get rank A so you'll never need to come back.

4) Complete Story Mode at normal. Keep saving CPs.

5) Do all Single Offline Missions for easy and normal difficulty, this should net you enough CPs to buy the infinite continue skill, Unbending Heart. Equip it at your bronze saints + Marin of Eagle. If possible, get rank A on them, so you'll never come back.

6) Do lvl up trick for all bronze saints + Marin of Eagle, again so they get lvl 50 fast. If you ran out of patience, lv up only to 45 with Seiya and Shiryu as they are the most used in Story Mode, however, at lv 50 you will probably not need a single continue.

7) Complete Story Mode on Hard, then complete Story at Bronze, buy that skill which restores energy after using a Shinoten (resurrect an ally).

8) Do all Hard Single Offline Missions and all Cooperative Offline Missions. Try to get rank A if possible.

9) Go back and get rank A at any Story Mode course or Mission which you don't have it.

10) Play with the other Saints you didn't use Big Bang yet, use the farming method described in the Official Roadmap.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems a good strategy, but... I have a question:

My game does not have the "survival" option avaliable. The Mission Mode only offers me three choices - the courses, tag team and the rank checking (plus if it is online or local).

I was wondering, maybe you need to finish the game at Normal for this Survival mode to unlock (I beat the game in Easy). Any help is appreciated, as there are few tips for this game around the web... Thanks!

Nevermind... I found out: The "Survival Mode" is and free DLC for this game. I had to make an account on the Japan PSN to be able to download it.

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Sorry for being late in answering. :o

I played the game using the official road map, so when i noticed things were already unlocked. :)

So, idk if there is a requirement to unlock it.

Decided to write the road map cause official one isn't the best completition route AND lvl up using the trick is faster.

Pay attention that DLCs you download from Japan PS store will only work at Japan region game... but i think you probably know that. :D

Anything else, just post, thanks for reading it.

Yeah, DLC are region locked. Luckly my disc is the Japanese one...

Indeed, your guide should be added to the officlal Trophy Guide, to make it really complete. This game has this problem with the mandatory level farming, in my opinion (I personally hate farming). Yout solution using the Survival mode is the best so far.

Valeu pelo guia, tá muito bem feito (thanks for the great guide).

• 2 weeks later...

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10.

-Offline (breakdown): 1 (P) 3 (G) 6 (S) 39 (B)

-Online (breakdown): 1 (B)

-Approximate amount of time to : 23-27 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 4 Main Story, 5 Side Stories, around 40 challenge missions.

-Number of missable trophies: None.

-Glitched trophies: None.

-Does difficulty affect trophies? Yes. Each Main Story run requires a different difficulty.

-Do cheat codes disable trophies? No cheats.

Introduction:

The game is based in the first season of Saint Seiya, the Sanctuary. Story is mildly explained and totally skip able, leading us to two positive conclusions: players who know the story won't be bothered to watch/read it all again unless they want it and those who don’t know the story can worry less and get a new fast and shiny plat.

Game has two modes: Story (main + 5 smaller ones) and Mission (solo, tag and survival challenges). Each mode contains many sections called "stages". There are two types of stages: Road (beat'em up weak soldiers) and Boss Battles (life bar and special attacks, like any fighting game).

Beating stages or modes grants you XP and CP. XP is used for lvl up and get better stats. CP is used for three purposes: develop stats, buy new skills, raise the rank of special attacks. XP is automatically used while CP is allocated by the player.

Walkthrough:

Warning: Save all your CP from the start until you can get a skill called "Athena Seal" (costs 6,5k CP), then save all again until you get enough for "Unbending Heart" (costs 28,5k CP). After that you can spend as you wish.

Step 1: Complete Main Story on easy difficulty to unlock all bronze saints, don't worry about levelling up. If you never use a continue you will get a trophy.

Step 2: Use the Fast Lvl Up Method, described here, to get to lvl 30 all five bronze saints + Marin.

Step3: Complete all other Side Stories from Story Mode at easy or normal difficulty, try to get rank A so you'll never need to come back.

Step 4: Complete Story Mode at normal. Keep saving CP.

Step 5: All Single Offline Missions for easy and normal difficulty, this should net you enough CPs to buy the infinite continue skill, Unbending Heart. Equip it at your bronze saints + Marin of Eagle. If possible get rank A on them so you don't have to come back.

Step 6: Do lvl up trick for all bronze saints + Marin of Eagle, again so they get lvl 50 fast. If you ran out of patience, lvl up only to 45 with Seiya and Shiryu, as they are the most used in Story Mode. However, at lvl 50 you probably won’t need a single continue, being faster.

Step 7: Complete Story Mode at Hard, then complete Story at Bronze, buy that skill which restore energy after using a Shinoten (resurrect an ally).

Step 8: Complete all Hard Single Offline Missions and all Cooperative Offline Missions. Try to get rank A if possible.

Step 9: Go back and get rank A at any Story Mode course or Mission which you don't have it.

Step 10: Play with other saints you didn't use Big Bang yet, use the farming method described at "The Same Attack Never Works Twice" (S). Use the Gallery to check what Big Bangs are you missing.

HOW TO FARM CP: (method described by MrSP and now rewritten by me)

Warning: Using this method is a little more time consuming than just saving, but can be better for players that can't resist buying something when having so much CP but not enough for Unbending Heart yet. Skill used here also cost a lot of CPs delaying you before making a profit.

- Equip a lvl 20 Ikki with: Readiness, Road to Perdition and Watermelon. You’ll have +999% attack bonus and unlimited cosmo at cost of having 1HP only.

- Enter Mission Solo Challenge nº18, which have 6 road stages. System save your progress between stages but rewards you only after finish the hole mission.

- Play 5 first stages spamming :circle: special attack. After system saves, leave to main menu.

- Go to Ikki’s stats page and exchange Watermelon with Athena Seal, temporarily resetting your stats but being more than enough to kill because of +999% attack bonus.

- Return to Mission mode and pick it up where you left, before last stage. Complete the last stage and receive CP as if you’ve played al of them with Athena Seal equipped.

- Receive around 60-120k CP , depending of how fast, how many enemies you killed, if you used continues and how strong is your Ikki.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

I'm not entirely sold on the necessity of this. It does work - I used it in my playthrough - but I felt that it was pointless once you could do the CP grinding method.

I'm not entirely sure I'm remembering the numbers, here, so it would be nice if I could get a reminder. Specifically, how much XP is required to level at Lv1, and whatever other level you can offer me, so I can get an idea of the growth rate. Also, how much CP does it take to upgrade a character by whatever amount? I think I only needed a few times to max out all the required characters.

I do admit, though... That walkthrough is quite a bit more palatable than what I wrote up.

Hey, first time you answer me. Once i wrote the lvl up method i PMed asking to add it as a tip and to exchange your roadmap to mine, but you ignored me until today. :( That's the only reason i did a challenge, nothing personal.

Finished game 3 times from start: first using your roadmap, 2 using my roadmap (1 with CP trick, 1 without CP trick). I can guarantee it's faster using my roadmap and without CP trick, but using it or not just makes a marginal difference, so the roadmap is the most time saving part, not the trick.

First playthrough (your roadmap): 32 hours. Second run (my map and no trick): 23 hours. Third run (my map and using trick): 26 hours.

I don't have any saint at lvl 1 in any of my runs, so i can't sure give you an ammount of XP needed to lvl up at each beginning lvl. I do remember that around lvl 1 you need something like 1k XP, but it's just a fading memory. Following my roadmap you don't use the XP farming since lvl 1 cause you start playing the Main Campaign on easy, which nets you 3 lvls (depend of how many stages each saint fought).

Lvling up is way faster and cheaper than farm CP (many requisites costing a lot of CP, can't be done at start of the game), that's why you can cut a lot of time changing to my roadmap.

The general idea is: easy at lvl 1, normal at 30, hard at 45-50 and bronze at 60 (optional). Lvls nets you stats improving and a lot of easy time playing before you can afford al skills needed to use your CP trick. You get faster A ranks in all stages way easier having a good lvl instead of low lvl with stats maxed by CP.

Not accurate XP numbers for lvls: around 2k at lvl 20, around 2,8k at lvl 30 and 4,2k at lvl 45.

In all my playthroughs took my around 15-17 hours to be able to start CP trick, that's almost the hole game already done !! :eek: XP trick can be done from start and decreases a lot time needed to plat, go on, just try it. :)

Oh, thanks for compliments, i also like the other part of your job, the trophy guide, it's very good !! :applause:

EDIT: searched for wiki/wikias/fansites and nothing about a xp chart or any info more accurate than mine about XP needed or CP needed to raise stats.

Edited by BerserkerBR

This is only the second time I've heard anything about it... though the first time was my fault on not following up.

Hm... I don't have the game any more, which is why I was asking for info, rather than checking myself. Not to mention how long it's been since I've played. I'm surprised about the sheer difference in time - that's a lot of extra time, there. Even on my first playthrough, I was taking no longer than 20 minutes per stage, including cutscenes... I'm just not seeing where that whole 9 hours is coming from, especially when the estimate to get everyone to Lv60 includes around about 3 hours of survival mode deaths. (Assuming 30 seconds for 4,000 EXP, which roughly equates to 2 levels, and everyone needs to get to around Lv 50-60.)

I kinda wish I still had the game to look into it myself.

Anyway, I'll pass it along to Terminator, see what his opinion is.

Well, i don't wanna play it all again soon, 4 playthroughs in a row is pushing my patience. Otherwise i would have a forth gametime completition to add for comparison, but i think three is already good.

Sure my first playthrough was lazier, i learned to play (which isn't hard), mastered the controls and fighting style and also wrote the guide togheter, that's why took me so long.

Ofc you can decrease the time by repeatingly play after you master everything, then i've tested my roadmap twice. It would be good to see someone who never played it using my roadmap. :think:

Man, it's just 5 bronze saints to lvl 50 and Marin to lvl 30 (if you feel so lazy, she just appear at Pisces anyway).

Also, you already need CP to upgrade the special attacks to lvl 10. Each upgrade cots +200. So each saint's special attack already costs 9k CP to max lvl. You only need to do that to 5 bronze saints and usualy they have 3 special attacks (Ikki has only 2 special atacks while Shun has 4) = 15 x 9k = 135k !!! :eek:

CP trick takes to long to be useful and you already have where to spend it, upgrading your special atacks.

We both forgot stuff: I forgot to tell i skipped cutscenes at my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs and you forgot to use Athena Seal in your math (so it's not 4k per challenge, but 6k).

20 min per stage is a lot !! :eek: It's possible to do at half this time when your at decent lvl and only used your CP to max lvl your special attacks (instead of spending them increasing stats).

Anyway, Terminator is the man, i agree to let him decide. Cya.

@orthmann: yeah, you're right, probably mistyped, it's 4 main story runs. Sure agree game is easy enough to beat w/o many effort, but playing it w/o CP or XP farm would take longer - you can die a lot and always win with Unbending Heart, but with low stats before getting it you'll lose everything at harder lvls, taking zillion hours to even get 28,5k to buy it.. Can you say to us your completition time??

@MrSP: sure, your time was with cutscenes, ok. I never said you can halve it at all stages, just some of them, mor ethan enough to make difference, specially if you save all CP instead of spend to use CP trick, which takes longer.

well, let's see what top guys says...

EDIT: why my trophy simbols don't appear again after i edit my roadmap? I sure erased and typed again, but they don't appear. !!

Edited by BerserkerBR

@orthmann: yeah, you're right, probably mistyped, it's 4 main story runs. Sure agree game is easy enough to beat w/o many effort, but playing it w/o CP or XP farm would take longer - you can die a lot and always win with Unbending Heart, but with low stats before getting it you'll lose everything at harder lvls, taking zillion hours to even get 28,5k to buy it.. Can you say to us your completition time??

Around 25 hours... played easiest > challenges stuff > hard > bronze > normal

only bought Unbending Heart, focused on attack power 1000 then cosmo. Didn't skip cutscenes but also didn't spend much time on it either.