Same attack never works twice trophy

any tips on what stage/mission is the best to grind this? I am currently going thru all the Gold Saint but there is something I dont understand, BB attacks only work when the thingy top right corner lits up. However, when i play as a Gold Saint, this never lights up. Only when my hp gets low it glow red.

Is it redundant for the Golds because they have permanent 7th sense? Also is it correct to assume that the BB attacks only work when in the "cosmos/space" area?

The other thing, when i try to unleash a BB animation, I first press L2 to make everything go slow, then i keep R2 pressed and hit one of the attack buttons (R1, circle or R1+circle), is that correct?

This really gets annoying, and this is the last trophy I need for platinum.

oh btw, the difficulty trophies dont stack, so you have to play thru it 3 times on normal, hard and Bronze

any tips on what stage/mission is the best to grind this? I am currently going thru all the Gold Saint but there is something I dont understand, BB attacks only work when the thingy top right corner lits up. However, when i play as a Gold Saint, this never lights up. Only when my hp gets low it glow red.

Choose a mission where you can beat the boss, have the 諦めない心 skill that costs 28k CP equipped (no idea how is the name in your version) which gives you unlimited continues. Let the enemy win and whenever appears Saori or Pope in the continue screen, your char will come back with BB enabled (and a stat boost, also some chars have others that can appear in the continue screen and will give the BB).

Well, for the trophy I think you don't actually need to win the battle, but it is a requirement for the Axia Complete trophy.

Is it redundant for the Golds because they have permanent 7th sense? Also is it correct to assume that the BB attacks only work when in the "cosmos/space" area?

I don't think they have permanent 7th sense (in the game of course) and it's not necessary to be in the "cosmo/space" area for execute a Big Bang. The only requirement is fighting a boss.

The other thing, when i try to unleash a BB animation, I first press L2 to make everything go slow, then i keep R2 pressed and hit one of the attack buttons (R1, circle or R1+circle), is that correct?

You don't need to use 7th sense (L2) to use the BB, but it helps of course to hit the enemy.

For who ever is still interested, I find that the best place for farming BB is mission #10 (hard difficult, 6 fight versus clothless enemies: clothless = lesser defense).

I follow the same pattern described by orthmann: the infinite revival skill (i don't know its name too, since I'm playing the game with italian translation: for me it is "cuore impavido", that sounds something like "brave heart") and the attack power raises to 200 for every character.

Note: this pattern is pretty good and work even with level 1 character, but with level 10 character (2 skills available) there's one a little better and faster, involving "readiness" (?) and "unaspected help" (?): the first lower the hp to 100 boosting the attack, while the second give you BB cosmo when activating the real 7th sense having 100 or less hp... aka every time.

@alberick:

do you have unlocked the new bronze armor set somehow?

I've read that completing the sanctuary arc at some difficult may result - in the EU version - in unlocking the new armor for the bronze saints (which was a DLC in the japanese version), but I don't have found confirm about it.

I don't know.

I still have to go through the bronze difficulty, but I will wait until I know if and how the clothes can be unlocked, because I want to make my last run for the platinum with the v2 armors.

Until now I finished the game first time at normal, then at very easy allowing Mu to repair the clothes, then at hard not allowing Mu to do it (I thought that maybe the new armor will unlock after ending the sanctuary arc that way, but I was wrong).

I don't know.

I still have to go through the bronze difficulty, but I will wait until I know if and how the clothes can be unlocked, because I want to make my last run for the platinum with the v2 armors.

Until now I finished the game first time at normal, then at very easy allowing Mu to repair the clothes, then at hard not allowing Mu to do it (I thought that maybe the new armor will unlock after ending the sanctuary arc that way, but I was wrong).

Did some research and i'm pretty sure the new bronzes are a dlc that is not available yet in Europe.

Can someone tell me how to trigger Scorpio Miro's BB for Scarlet Needle Antares? Is it like the regular Scarlet Needle where you need to hit with it 15 times to get it to trigger?

edit: never mind, you just need to hit with regular needle enough or something and then do the bb version of antares

Edited by Malice_Mizer

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...