Xanthiar (dragon boss) easy ranged-kill glitch found!

Yokel

*In Sacred 2, Xanthiar (dragon boss) is quite hard to kill. I am currently playing on Platinum difficulty and he insta-killed me constantly. I am only a level 59 imperfectly build BBF-Seraphim (I did not use the BBF gun until level 51 because I was too noob to find out how it worked, yet it still works for me now even though I got the build not fully correct). I am a uber-survivor style player I guess.*

Here is what I found:

I already had troubles on Gold difficulty, but then some crazy maniac showed up and shot a laser or whatever and killed him (lucky me). However now I am on my own and I had to find I way to kill Xanthiar the creative way. Since the underground tunnels are so vast, there has to be a glitchy part where you can get Xanthiar stuck and kill him the easy way right? ...

What I did is the following: I lured him back all the way to the merchant (the one next to the Spawn Pillar) standing near a circle-shaped piece of landscape with a tiny puddle of lava in it. This should be your last activated Spawn Pillar, you pass it on your way to the Maze, can't miss it.

I figured that even if i get killed every second, I could still shoot Xanthiar and drain his life slowly.

Now, the following interesting thing happened, Xanthiar was at some point hovering ABOVE the Spawn Pillar and got stuck there, or at least, I got stuck directly under him when I re-spawned after I got killed.

Xanthiar glitched and just hovered above me, doing absolutely nothing, I could easily kill him with my gun.

Has anyone else ever got this to work? Does not seem to hard to recreate I think. So if you having difficulties with Xanthiar, give this a try! :applause: Free Kill biatchhh :dance:

good luck!

PSN: Nico0777

Here is a crappy but maybe helpful picture of the situation:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2010/j16o.jpg

Edited by Yokel

• 1 year later...

I actually found out a different area that he got stuck in.....after dying several times, I decided to run past his spawn point east and kept going. After a short while, I noticed he was not chasing me. So, I slowly went back and found he stopped at a certain point.

I slowly moved toward him until he was on the edge of my view. Stood there and just launched arrows until he died.

Easy......

• 8 months later...
I actually found out a different area that he got stuck in.....after dying several times, I decided to run past his spawn point east and kept going. After a short while, I noticed he was not chasing me. So, I slowly went back and found he stopped at a certain point.

I slowly moved toward him until he was on the edge of my view. Stood there and just launched arrows until he died.

Easy......

It worked, thanks! :dance: