New to game , need advice on build

• 4 weeks later...

I've only played a dryad, so I can't really say anything about the other classes.

A dryad with Ancient Bark (points in Rugged, Repel and Invigorate) has tons of armor, evades enemy attacks, and regenerates health quite quickly.

Pair that with Goldenglade Touch (points in Flow, Perservere and Dilligence) to get tons of health regeneration and willpower (I believe it protects against spells) while it's active.

This makes you pretty much unkillable in bronze, silver and gold difficulty. I've died several times in platinum difficulty, but that might be because I'm 30 levels below the enemies =)

Then I suppose you need to invest in some damage stuff, else you won't be killed but you don't kill anything either. Personally I've used the Moribund Animus for that, but it's a pain in the butt sometimes. Investing points in only poison abilities might not be a good idea either, since most of the later bosses seem to have resistance to that.

My general strategy on platinum difficulty is to ensare a boss, then let my animus kill it. Takes about 15 minutes per boss (sometimes even longer), pretty slow, but at least they're dead.

Might be better to invest in something like Edaphic Lances, or some of the melee abilities.

Edited by L0stS0ul

• 1 month later...

If you want a tank character then you should go with the Shadow Warrior, made to take a lot of damage and dish it out as well. The skills I am using for my SW are as follows:

Tactics Lore

Concentration

Constitution

Astral Lord Focus

Death Warrior Focus

Armour Lore

Combat Reflexes

Sword Weapons

(My final 2 skills will be Blacksmith & Enhanced Perception)

I recommend using the first 7 skills I mentioned there and then spend the 8th one on whichever weapon is your preference (or if you want to dual wield). I also recommend to put whichever attribute points you get all into strength.

As for Combat Arts, you should NOT unlock them all. In the Death Warrior section I only use Rousing Command, Grim Resillience, Scything Sweep. In the Malovent Champion section I use Frenzied Rampage and Reflective Emanation. And in the Astral Lord section I use Skeletal Fortification and Nether Allegiance. The ones I would say are a must have are Grim Resillience, Reflective Emanation, Skeletal Fortification and Nether Allegiance. Also, be cautious when levelling up your Combat Arts because if you do it too many times at once it will mess up the regeneration rate of them.

There's a lot i've missed that you'll pick up along the way, but i've mentioned the things that could potentially ruin your character if you do them wrong.

Edited by BulletShi

• 3 weeks later...