Guide to Getting a Special Mount at LvL 1

Brief Description: This is a guide to getting your class specific Mount at level 1.

Difficulty Rating: 3/10*

Playtime Required: 3-5 Hours*

Players Required: 1-2

Characters Required: 2

Level Requirements: 7-10

Online Connection: Required

PS3 Systems Required: 1

Gold Required per Mount: 1,500

*These are estimates on what I believe to be true by my own personal experience based on 2 player retrieval on Silver difficulty. Multiple players along with Bronze difficulty may change these factors greatly.

*Frequently Asked Questions *

I didn't know there were mounts in this game!?!

Yes. There are rideable mounts in sacred, 5 types of boring horses and each class has a set of 4 unique mounts.

Why would I want a mount?

Well that's easy, faster traveling, more HP, more defense and increased combat abilities with style! Why wouldn't you want a mount?

Why not just get a horse?

Horses are limited to specific Combat Abilities while Unique class mounts are not. Also, there are certain class mounts that compliment your play style. Check out more on mounts on the Sacred 2 Wiki!

Why don't I just get a horse in the mean time before I do the special mount quest?

Let's face it, your gonna get your unique mount sooner or later, why not just get it right now!

Shouldn't I be an incredibly high level before getting my class mount?

The fact is, the quest was designed for characters leveled 20-25 I believe. However, due to the open ended nature of the game, it is completely accessible to anyone who is able to reach the destinations. The poor AI coding in the game also lends a hand in getting these unique creatures.

Then what level should I be to obtain my class mount?

Well, you need at least 1 person around level 8-10 in order to hit the monsters involved. However, do not exceed level 10 due to level gap restrictions. You still need a character at level 1 hosting the game.

Can I have more then 1 person helping me?

Yes. In fact, it would go a lot smoother and quicker if you had 3 other players roughly level 5 to finish the quest. You still need a character at level 1 hosting the game.

So why do you still need a character at level 1 hosting the game?

The way the game works is that all quests are focused on the character hosting game. This means that the player hosting the game is the one your working on the quest. If someone else had the quest prior to joining, it is not added to the other players. Therefore, the player hosting the game would not be able to purchase a mount at level 1 if he is higher.

Does that mean I have to do the quest more then once in order to get the mount for everyone?

NO! Once you finish the quest, anyone that joins your game at level 1 has the ability to buy a special mount even though they did not complete the quest! However, as mentioned before, the quests are focused on the character hosting the game. They do not transfer to other players.

Why does it matter if the quest does not transfer to other players if I already have my mount?

The sad fact is that mounts can die and if your mount perishes but you don't have the special mount quest finished, you cannot purchase a mount until you do so or unless you join someone else's game who already completed the quest.

So why don't I just wait until I'm level 20-25 to buy my special mount?

That is up to you. Keep in mind that if you wait until level 20-25, you may end up having to fork out 50,000 gold to obtain your mount.

Then why is it only around 1,500 gold pieces to buy a special mount at level 1?

The fact is that mounts are sold by an equation with their level as a factor. As you level up, so do the mounts in the shop. Higher the level, higher the cost. I'm told that these mounts can easily reach costs of up to 1,000,000 gold pieces.

Can I use this guide to obtain the same results in an offline game?

Short answer no, long answer yes!

You can do this alone with 2 PSN accounts on 1 PS3. I just did it and it was super simple to do. Here are the steps:[/b]

1. Create a new PS3 profile (this is like user accounts on a PC)

2. Create a new PSN account (note this is to register with Sony)

3. Use new account to start new game

4. Follow the guide to finish the quest

5. Use second controller, press start, log onto your normal PSN and select your character

6. Use Alt account to give your original character 1500 Gold

7. While at the mount vendor, have the original character interact/purchase mount

This connectivity method will also grant you the trading trophy.

Edited by Terminator
Supplement revisions by Terminator, 20/03/2017.

*STRATEGY GUIDE*

Step 1: Starting a new character

*You will need to start a new character. It really does not matter what kind, although you will be using ranged weapons in the end. So pick something that handles ranged well. I went with Dryad.

*For your alignment, I suggest going with light and picking Forens as your deity. The monsters you will fight hit hard and you will miss a lot, so the reflecting damage will decrease the time spent killing the monsters. So divine powers are good for something after all :eek:.

Note: You need to decide who will be getting the mount quest first or at all. Remember, only one of you need to complete the quest in order for both or all of you to get the mount. Step 1 is for the other people that will do the fighting. These characters will not be the ones that will get the mount.(see FAQ above)

Step 2: Level up

*You should bring your character up to at least level 6. I started the mount quest at level 5 and noticed that you should gain 2 levels by fighting some of the mount quest monsters, but chance to hit was around 30% at the beginning and ended up with around 19% with the harder enemies. Needless to say, your gonna miss a lot.

*I suggest anyone helping out to level up on their own server. This will ensure that each person obtains enough gold to buy at least 1 mount. Don't forget to pick up chests on the way, but don't go out of your way.

Note: You don't need to be meticulous in this stage, dump all points into DEX and you don't even need any special abilities. However, try to obtain a bow that fits your level, but don't waste too much money. This is going to be a dummy character that you don't need to keep.

Step 3: Making the Waypoint

*Only 1 person of the group needs to do this part

*Below you will find a map to help you on your journey. No I did not make this map, just borrowed it! ;) Just start the main quest until you pass "Dragonmaw Pass" which is the town in the middle. You will find that you are blocked by a wall and during the main quest, a man will unlock the back gate which is on a trail to the right of the resurrection shrine.

*Once you pass the tunnel to the other side of the wall, head up to map marker number 3 and activate the resurrection shrine in the Orcish byway. Now scroll down to step 4

Note: If your already level 7, you can just run pass everything!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Sacred_2/quests/Mount%20Quest/mountquestmap.jpg

Credit to the official Sacred 2 wiki for this map.

Note: The main quests are marked by golden rings, not the blue ones. If you really need help on doing the main quest, check out the Sacred 2 Wiki. It shouldn't take more then 5 minutes.

Step 4: The Level 1 Character Hosts a Party

*This is where the person you chose to take on the quest at level 1 to host a game.

Note: This is the character that you should keep, so choose whatever class you want to keep with your mount.

*Once the waypoint player joins the game, he should go into his map and port to the resurrection point at Orcish Byway only if he has not already spawned there.

Note: It's probably best to set the game to private and invite the players yourself.

Step 5: Position your Pieces

2 party Strategy:

*If you only have one person helping out, that person should speak with the the girl with the light beam just north of the resurrection shrine in the Orcish Byway while the level 1 character waits until you reach the mount island where you should port over with your friend.

Note: Once the quest player reaches Urthak's Moxie, where the man asks you to find the map, you should activate the resurrection shrine so you can quickly port back once you retrieve the map to save time.

3 or 4 party Strategy:

*If you have more then 1 other person helping out, you can position them strategically in order to save time. It should not take long either way.

*Stick together while you speak with the girl with the light beam just north of the resurrection shrine the Orcish Byway. The girl will then send you to speak to a man in Urthak's Moxie.

*Keep the level 1 character in Urthak's Moxie, and have him wait their if he does not want to die. Don't run him there, have someone go there first so he can port. This way, he can speak to the guy that wants his map back to make the quest go by faster.

*Also, have 1 guy go north to the map marker 7 and have him wait until the mount island reveals itself so he can take the boat there.

*Have the quest player Follow the road to map marker 5 to find the lost map that the guy in Urthak's Moxie was looking for. Level 1 player can now talk to the guy in Urthak's Moxie and then player by the captain can take the boat to the mount island.

*At this point, everyone should port to the mount island. Just remember to have the level 1 player port to another town before any monsters are killed so he does not gain experience.

Step 6: Test your Might

*Talk to the goofy looking guy in the center of the map who will give you 3 strength testing quests to prove your worth in order to purchase your class mounts.

Note: You should all have bows in this part because these monsters are quite tough and you wont be able to tank for long. Also, the Level 1 character can help, just stay out of harms way and make sure he leaves before any monster is killed so he gains no experience.

*The first set of monsters you need to kill 25. They are relatively easy. Occasionally, they will shoot a poison spell on you, you can't evade this so be careful. Occasionally, they will stun you, remember not to tank too much.

*The second set of monsters you will need to kill 12. These are a combination of 4 different types of monsters that are somewhat tougher. Not harder, just tougher :p.

Note: Not much strategy is required here. Just stay away from fire traps and keep an eye out for roots and stuns and be ready to run away when they charge at you. Always pull one at a time to save from dying. Pull each one out of the pit and you can go around the bridges or just go around the mountain where the goofy guy stands.

*A good strategy is to let the monster follow the higher level character while the other(s) shoot from behind. Also, the monsters respond oddly when you flee. They will eventually stop and taunt you just before returning to their spawn. After letting them chase you, when they stop you can let go some arrows and they will go down in no time.

Note: Save your divine gift from Forens for the tougher monsters like the turtles or the bears, the rest should go down pretty fast.

Step 7: Bringing Down the Big Cheese

*This part was a little odd. Before you go storming in to the pit, notice that the quest markers will be on the map where there are no monsters. This is a glitch that you can use to your advantage. (I think I only had to fight a giant spider and 2 trees.

*Slowly walk up to the quest marks if they are not moving and once you see the weird X symbol (or whatever), start shooting arrows. Blood should fall to the floor. If there is no blood, you are not hitting anything so change your position.

*If you manage to pull these baddies, make sure to use your divine gift from Forens as much as you can and never leave the trees unattended as they will regenerate their health very fast. Remember to take it one at a time.

Note: Try to save the snaring tree last because he is a pain when he roots everyone and kills them in less then 30 seconds. If any monster is bugging you and you want to move to another one, lure him to the other side of the island where the God temple is and die. He should remain there so you can fight the others at your discretion.

Step 7: Paying the Piper

*At this point everyone should give the level one character enough money to purchase their level 1 mounts. Remember, you will need around 1,600 gold pieces per mount and don't forget to include the host with your gold.

*Everyone except for the host should leave the game and start their official characters.

*The host should invite everyone back to purchase their well deserved mounts! Congratulations, you finished this quest!

*Suggestion*

If you are real close with the friends you did this quest with, you should do this quest twice. Either with 2 or 4 in the group, twice is enough to start any new character with the special mount! All you need to do is keep the character with the quest aside and only use it to help your friends purchase their mounts.

Note: Remember, there is a 10 level gap restriction and you don't have to keep a character at level 1 if your going to do it twice. This way each of you would be around level 5 to finish this quest, as long as you do it twice so the player hosting has a chance to purchase his mount at level 1.

Edited by Terminator
Removed signature and replaced a missing image.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, I guess it could be a pain in the butt to find someone to help you with the quest. I suggest a booster thread for anyone who wants to start this quest. Also, all you have to do is keep a character under level 10 that has completed the quest and you can allow anyone to join your game(same campaign i.e. Light/Dark) in order to purchase a mount of their own. :D

Hey its a very nice guide the layout and detail is very good.

But honestly i think getting the mount so early is a waste of time. I would rather just play the game and get it when i come to that part of the map anyway. Since there is very litle reason to having the mount that early, and you can get the mount by your self pretty early in the game anyway. It would be mostly for showoff.

Anyway still a nicely looking guide.

You should consider doing guides with some more substances to them :-)

Some guides to explain rune management, skill distribution and so on, because that is what most people seem to be confused about.

lol, well I don't think it's a waste of time. I really enjoy getting a mount for all my new characters at level 1. Much faster traveling, better armor and health, the extra life it provides if your about to die, especially the focus regen benefits. Some mounts also add additional evade, attack and shield bonuses. Also, it's not hard to do at all and it saves on spending tons of gold later on. You guys are such downers lol.

Anyway, I was thinking of making some explanatory guides for everyone. I was so lost when I first started playing and I spent hours just reading stuff before I actually got into the game to enjoy it. So keep your eyes peeled and this forum refreshed. ;)

Edited by MasonIsAJar

• 3 years later...