Rate the trophy difficulty.  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_75.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.53

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45
Updated average.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get a trophy list posted on this game as many of them are secret trophies, so without a list it's hard to say how long it will take. As of now I'll withhold my vote, but after twenty hours into the game and having only a couple of bronze trophies I'm going to say that it's certainly going to be time consuming, but I can't say about the difficulty yet. You'll need to play the game with each of the various character classes on various difficulies to get them all so that means many playthroughs of the entire game. My guess, somewhere in the hundreds (200+) to get the platinum.

I rated it an 8. I would estimate putting in a comfortable 110 hours into this game for the platinum. I'm about 30 hours in at the moment, and have 30% of the trophies or so.

Exploration, 200 side quests, etc. ~ 50 hours. You've got to find all 20 temples, 42 towns, and find 25 bosses (out of 27 total if I'm not mistaken)

Run through Silver, Gold, and Platinum ~ 30 hours, assuming you start on Silver (skip bronze) and there's some overlap with the above on Silver. Skip bronze if you're looking to minimize your hours for the platty trophy

Run through for Scroove, survivalist, and Dedicated ~ 10 hours comfortable

Level up all 6 classes to level 15 ~ 20 hours

Is this game similar to Oblivion?

No, it's not really anything like Oblivion. Oblivion is in first person, and much more story oriented. This is more of a straight up action RPG, more similar to Diablo, Titan's question, and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and Champions of Norath

• 3 weeks later...

I dont see how this could be a 10.

The trophies are all very easy. For the most part it is just to play the game and they will all unlock sooner or later, and the game it self is pretty easy.

Although it will take time o get them all, but there is a diference between hard to get or easy to get but time consuming.

Does this game even have a Platinum Trophy?

Yes, this game has a Platinum trophy; as does every "retail" game, in fact.

Maybe, it's a secret trophy, or maybe you were looking at an achievement list - I don't know; it could just be down to human error. But, yeah, there is definitely a Platinum.

I have a specific voting criteria to help keep my votes consistent (hoping that it catches on)

The voting is on a 1-10 scale so you can allot

1-4 (or 0) on actual skill difficulty (Call of Duty takes skill IMHO)

1-4 (or 0) on amount of time needed for plat (Warhawk takes forever)

1-2 (or 0) on fun factor/playabilty (Every Fallout trophy was fun to get)

For a total of at least 1 (no game deserves a 0 on all three categories) and not able to exceed 10. Also listing a reason why you voted each number in each category.

Sacred 2

2 for skill (some of the bosses can be tough and you have to plan ahead for a decent build to make it up the difficulties)

4 for time (even blasting through getting to Niob takes 60 hrs not to mention level 15 with each character)

1 for playability (I had some system freezes while playing which was frustrating and the fighting gets boring and repetitive)

So 2+4+1=7

Edited by jwzabriskie

• 2 weeks later...

1 for playability (I had some system freezes while playing which was frustrating and the fighting gets boring and repetitive)

If we go down that route Diablo also is boring and repetitive. WHich cannot be further from the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

i gave it a 9 - it is kinda hard to do as the bosses are quite hard to beat, and the levels do get harder - especially as the xp gains are not very balanced (at platinum u get about 2000xp per decent monster, but you need over 2,000,000xp to go from lvl 74 to 75! u work out how many monsters you need to kill to get to the higher levels!)- and if you don't build your character in very specific ways (hence guides on builds on here....) you may well be screwed and have to start again!!!! Also, the time issue is horrendous - well over 100 hours, more if you need to wander just to get xp cos you didn't build right! And those hours are not spent doing one game from start to finish with extensive details, quests etc - those hours are spent doing one game, then the EXACT SAME GAME again, then again, then again.....

I didn't give it a 10, cos the amount of skill needed to play consists of holding down one button constantly and tapping another if you need to heal - keep vibration on and you could nap while playing lol!

Edited by alooishous

I think the difficulty is hard to rate on this game because of the simple fact that each character build has a different play style. Some are very easy to breeze through and some can be quite difficult.

For instance, my Pyro HE can take out bosses with no problems due to her powerful meteor strike which stuns anything in its path. :cool:

All I do is keep the regen low for this skill and spam it like crazy.

This is why you see such a fluctuation in the difficulty ratting. Not to mention the people who believe time spent playing makes the game difficult, which is completely untrue.

I'm going to hold off voting until I experience the whole game and get a good feel for it after achieving the Platinum trophy. I will be able to give a more accurate opinion on how difficult the game really is.

• 4 weeks later...

Having played the game for around 30 hours now, i've given this a 7 out of 10 for Platinum difficulty rating.

Looking at the trophy list it seems there are no overly tricky or demanding trophies, most of them are just very time consuming. The hardest trophy would probably be completing an armor set, simply because there is no set place to find these sets, you just have to hope you luck out and find the pieces. You always trade with other users, but it can be a real struggle to find anyone willing (or able) to trade the items you need. I would have much preferred Sacred 2 to feature buyable set items.

Many of the trophies will take a very long time to get, such as unlocking Niob diffuclty, visitng all 42 towns and drinking 100 health potions.

Overall my 30 hours has earnt me just a handful of trophies, and it is my estimation i will be looking at around 120 hours to get Plat. thats a long time, and by then there is a good chance i will have got bored or there will be a more exciting game on the market. Truth be told im a little disapointed with the trophies. Overall they arent to difficult, so really the difficulty rating would only be a 5, but thanks to the gargantuan amount of time you have to dedicate to them, i've notched it up to a 7.

• 2 weeks later...

this game is just amazingly long im almost 60% through the trophy list atm the only real problem ive had so far is that its really time consuming although i havent reached niob difficulty yet, its quite easy to get hooked into aswell EDIT: i gave it a 6 cause from were im stood the last few trophies dont seem that untouchable

Edited by Kratos5

• 2 weeks later...

I gave this a 9! Not absolutely hard in gameplay terms, but so so time consuming it can be a real test of mental strength if you don't love the game as i didn't. Minimum of 3 playthroughs (i think) so if ya bought this and already hate it, i suggest you have a spare controller at hand incase your primary 1 goes out the window!

Atleast i got the (P)

• 1 month later...

Gave it a 6. I don't have the plat yet, but all I need to do is level my Seraphim 3 more lvls and I'll get it.

The trophies aren't really that hard exept perhaps finding all temples, and thats only if you don't use "teh internet". The biggest hurdle for me was the amount of time needed. And before y'all go that doesn't mean it's hard an' all that, let me just say: Hell yeah it does!!. If I feel that makes it hard, then it does. Simple as that. I've become bored with the game, but only needed the Niob, temple and three of the 'lvl 15' trophies, so I continued. Hard hard hard.