Easiest method for Five-A-Day trophy

I posted this in response to another guy's thread but i figured i'd also make my own thread in case people are looking for a way to dodge gathering 8 zillion friends and/or controllers for this one trophy. I love doing as little work as possible.

"you can do it with 2 players and 1 of each controller (regular/Move)

As the sacboy is flying up the esophagus, pause the game and change ur controller settings 4 times and pick guest for each new sackboy

If u do it fast enough all the new sackboys will spawn at the finish screen and nobody will time out and disappear again. New sackboys spawning at the end screen dont count as deaths cus technically they never died.

This could have been avoided if they put a "no new sackboys" gate at the beginning but its all local so it didnt matter.

If you happen to not be fast enough u can still get 1/2/3 more actual dual shocks and follow same procedure. Just make sure all sack boys are signed in before u reach the end screen so they spawn there."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you did this with never having four dualshocks on at all? I'm a little confused though I've seen what you're talking about done before because some noob was doing that to me in LBP1 online trying to make me ace levels for him....so I understand doing it with four dualshocks....but with just one creating four players? I'm a little confused.

I was planning on buying a fourth dualshock for this since I have 3 already...but do I not need to do that???

I tried to do this method before, but I didn't really understand, so I used 1 Move control, 2 dualshocks and 2 PSPs for this trophy instead...:D One of the dualshocks is my uncle's and one of the PSPs are my brother's.;)

EDIT: My 666th post on this awesome site!:bananadance:

Edited by OstKakan

If you have the PS3 Blu-Ray Remote, you can use that as one of the controllers, too -- just change the controller ID to something other than 7, then hit the PS button.

You can't move Sackboy, other than jumping, but that won't matter for DarkSeraphim's method. Just make sure to set your remote back to 7 to use it for Blu Rays.

- AG

If you have the PS3 Blu-Ray Remote, you can use that as one of the controllers, too...

To clarify, I haven't tried the BR Remote in SPM -- don't own a Move yet -- but used it to great effect in LBP1 for x3 and x4 player areas. Sometimes an additional Sackboy that I could drag onto a switch was all I needed (since I didn't have enough DualShocks)...

If DarkSeraphim's method works as advertised, the BR Remote should act perfectly as a controller and generate an additional "player" toward the total.

I posted this in response to another guy's thread but i figured i'd also make my own thread in case people are looking for a way to dodge gathering 8 zillion friends and/or controllers for this one trophy. I love doing as little work as possible.

"you can do it with 2 players and 1 of each controller (regular/Move)

As the sacboy is flying up the esophagus, pause the game and change ur controller settings 4 times and pick guest for each new sackboy

If u do it fast enough all the new sackboys will spawn at the finish screen and nobody will time out and disappear again. New sackboys spawning at the end screen dont count as deaths cus technically they never died.

This could have been avoided if they put a "no new sackboys" gate at the beginning but its all local so it didnt matter.

If you happen to not be fast enough u can still get 1/2/3 more actual dual shocks and follow same procedure. Just make sure all sack boys are signed in before u reach the end screen so they spawn there."

Holy shit that is awesome. You deserve a medal. Thanks for sharing that awesome tip.

"change ur controller settings 4 times and pick guest for each new sackboy"

Is this in LBP setting or controller settings from the XMB? I've never messed with controller settings before :/

XMB.

I just got all the trophies by myself!...so i guess you only need 1 controller and 1 ps move and 1 person lol...just held the move with my right hand and index finger on the trigger and middle finger on the R1 grab button...i dont recomend it tho...:p...for the five a day i tried the method with spawing 3 sackboys at the end and it worked...much thanks!...i even messed up...and it still worked second try in the same game...just press the PS button down just before you reach the top and change to controller 2,3 and 4...:)

PS...i will never install a PS move game with multiplayer trophies ever again...even if I have a free voucher for them...

Okey im not getting this... I have 3 controllers and the move, I pause once the bottom teeth come in view and activate the other two quickly and change 1 of them to another port. So I have 1, 2, 3... then switch 2 to 4. I have 4 appear at the end on the screen and the ace appears on screen also but after a few seconds the inactive player no.2 disappears and the results on screen switch to 3... and im still not getting the trophy...

Can someone please detail exactly how they did it... or if they did with one, explain the exact process. I tried with one before but it just respawned me to the bottom again losing a life... :mad:

Okey im not getting this... I have 3 controllers and the move, I pause once the bottom teeth come in view and activate the other two quickly and change 1 of them to another port. So I have 1, 2, 3... then switch 2 to 4. I have 4 appear at the end on the screen and the ace appears on screen also but after a few seconds the inactive player no.2 disappears and the results on screen switch to 3... and im still not getting the trophy...

Can someone please detail exactly how they did it... or if they did with one, explain the exact process. I tried with one before but it just respawned me to the bottom again losing a life... :mad:

hi,

just got it but this is how I did it.

had 1 move 3 controllers & a bluray remote.

I switched the remote to no. 4 via reassign assessories on the xmb.

then I played most of the level using move & 1 controller tricky but doable.

at the end jlike op says I paused it then just switched the two controllers & remote on waited a bit then unpaused.

Thanks to the guy who suggested the remote forgot I had it :D

If you DO happen to have four controllers, when you get to the area with all the little pull-out platforms leading up to the elevator going up to the final part, turn on all your controllers. Three more Sackboys will spawn, and you can send one up at a time to the elevator thing, it won't go up until all four Sackboys are on it, and then it'll rise up, throwing you to the finish line, and the trophy will pop shortly thereafter!

If you DO happen to have four controllers, when you get to the area with all the little pull-out platforms leading up to the elevator going up to the final part, turn on all your controllers. Three more Sackboys will spawn, and you can send one up at a time to the elevator thing, it won't go up until all four Sackboys are on it, and then it'll rise up, throwing you to the finish line, and the trophy will pop shortly thereafter!

Or you could just go up the elevator thing until the spawn is out of the screen, pause, turn on the controllers, and the 3 sackboys will spawn at the scoreboard instead.;)

I have the same problem. Won't get it. And really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! StaticX what was the exact timing? cause I also pause once I reach the bottom teeth.

And I mean I have controller 1,2,3 and the move. So I need to change one of those into 4 at the end right?

Edited by barriebar17

Just wondering (because I dont have the game yet), would the navigation controllers (the ones used together with the move in some games) work as dualshocks? Because I have 2 moves, 2 dualshocks and 2 navigation controllers.

i was just wondering the same, can the navigation controller be used for this?

I have the same problem. Won't get it. And really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! StaticX what was the exact timing? cause I also pause once I reach the bottom teeth.

And I mean I have controller 1,2,3 and the move. So I need to change one of those into 4 at the end right?

Just got the trophy. I am the same with you guys with 3 controllers and 1 move.

What I did is play to the very last spawn spot with CONTROLLER 1, then turn on both CONTROLLER 2, 3. Have all three sackboys climb up the platform. Once the platform rise to half way, press and hold the PS button with CONTROLLER 3, selection menu should be shown before you reach the end of level. Switch CONTROLLER 3 to CONTROLLER 4. There should have 4 sackboys at the end. I DID NOT pause the game at all. All the other time, I paused the game and failed. I ended up spawn all 4 at the very last spawn spot.

Edited by MariDave