is this included in lbp2 se

tbdcakes

It's included in every copy of LBP2, not just the special edition. There will be a second disc option in the game section of the XMB when you put it in that allows you to install this.

EDIT: Never mind this, I confused "Special Edition" with "Collector's Edition." :facepalm:

Edited by mjc0961

• 2 weeks later...
It's included in every copy of LBP2, not just the special edition. There will be a second disc option in the game section of the XMB when you put it in that allows you to install this.

Tell that to my copy of the Special Edition, please? Prehistoric Moves does not show up for me, but I can confirm that I have the Move Pack, along with the Toy Story costumes and level kit. I should note that my LBP2:SE was a part of the 160GB Holiday Bundle that also came with Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. Has anyone else who purchased this bundle had the same issue as me? It's not like I really care about the Prehistoric Moves game, but it's odd that it's absent...

By early copy do you mean pre-order copies or new copies?. I thought Prehistoric Moves was only included in the Special Edition but oh, well.

Tell that to my copy of the Special Edition, please? Prehistoric Moves does not show up for me, but I can confirm that I have the Move Pack, along with the Toy Story costumes and level kit. I should note that my LBP2:SE was a part of the 160GB Holiday Bundle that also came with Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. Has anyone else who purchased this bundle had the same issue as me? It's not like I really care about the Prehistoric Moves game, but it's odd that it's absent...

As mjc mentioned, it's included in every copy of the game. It is the same style as Dead Space Extraction (included on disc with Dead Space 2). Do NOT start up the game from the XMB. Instead, go to the disc icon where you start it, then hit down, and there is a second disc icon named Extras. Select that and you'll get a series of options. One of them is Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves.

Having the Move Pack/Toy Story kits don't affect this, because this isn't part of LBP2, it's a separate game entirely.

As mjc mentioned, it's included in every copy of the game. It is the same style as Dead Space Extraction (included on disc with Dead Space 2). Do NOT start up the game from the XMB. Instead, go to the disc icon where you start it, then hit down, and there is a second disc icon named Extras. Select that and you'll get a series of options. One of them is Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves.

Having the Move Pack/Toy Story kits don't affect this, because this isn't part of LBP2, it's a separate game entirely.

I know all of that, I wouldn't have posted otherwise. I'm saying that the only option that my copy gets is to go straight to the game. I've downloaded off of disc for Medal of Honor Frontline and seen demos and movies that are included with SOCOM 4 and Resistance 3, and I can say with assurance that my copy lacks Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves or any option to download it. That's why I asked if anyone else has the LBP2SE that came in the 160GB Holiday Bundle, because it may be an error in the copies released with the bundle.

I have the limited edition collector's box of LBP2

BLES00850/S

^ I guess mine is the Scandinavian edition though, but it had the this game on the disc.

Before even starting the game, in the XMB (PS3 menu where you can see friends and videos etc etc), there should be some option under Game to install this game if you have the disc inserted, probably right under or above where you can choose to start the game. It will after the install place itself in the "Unknown" or whatever folder under Game.

Edited by MMDE

Alright, I'll add more information. I have the LBP2SE, BLUS 90260, Region 1; the copy, marked NOT FOR RESALE, included with the 160GB Holiday Bundle, which also came with Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. My copy does not include Any prompts at the XMB except the option to start the game, which means no option to download Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves. Does anyone who have this exact copy/bundle experience the same issue of not being able to download Prehistoric Moves?

You know, it actually wouldn't surprise me if they took it out of the Special Edition (when special edition was mentioned before, I was thinking about the Collector's Edition, not the new one where they put a bunch of DLC in. my bad). They had it in the Collector and regular editions so that the "Playstation Move Compatible" label wasn't a lie (even though it still was a lie because Prehistoric Moves is a completely different game). Now that the Move patch is out and the Special Edition has the Move DLC, they probably didn't feel the need to put Prehistoric Moves on there to bluff the Move Compatible logo anymore.

Proof that they had Prehistoric Moves on the disc previously just to keep that logo on there:

Sack It To Me: LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Bundle, LBP2 Special Edition, UNCHARTED 3 Costume – PlayStation Blog

Of course, they don't say one way or the other in that blog post if it's actually supposed to still have Prehistoric Moves or not, so this is all speculation. :(

Edited by mjc0961

You know, it actually wouldn't surprise me if they took it out of the Special Edition

They left a mention of it in the game manual. It even details how to download it from the XMB. I was wondering if Sony was just taking a little away from people who bought it via holiday bundle, like how they released a new Blu-ray remote, but decided to "clear stock" by including the older remote in a bundle with the new PS charging cradle. Now that I think about it, I haven't even opened my Ratchet & Clank game...I'll laugh if the Online Pass is absent.

They left a mention of it in the game manual. It even details how to download it from the XMB. I was wondering if Sony was just taking a little away from people who bought it via holiday bundle, like how they released a new Blu-ray remote, but decided to "clear stock" by including the older remote in a bundle with the new PS charging cradle. Now that I think about it, I haven't even opened my Ratchet & Clank game...I'll laugh if the Online Pass is absent.

I did some searching and found that they just used the exact same manual as the regular version. My guess is that they took the game out and didn't remember to change the manuals they were printing.

They released a new blu-ray remote?

Edited by mjc0961

I did some searching and found that they just used the exact same manual as the regular version. My guess is that they took the game out and didn't remember to change the manuals they were printing.

They released a new blu-ray remote?

Well...the whole "same exact manual" thing would normally fly, but the fact that "LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition" is written on the front, along with instructions for Move inside...idk. This is killing me. I don't even want the game. I just want to know if they took it out Prehistoric Moves for the Special Edition or if the holiday bundle got some reject discs.

Yeah, the new Blu-ray remote is what the first one should have been. Notably has volume and channel buttons now, so you can go from flippin' channels to turning on your PS3 to watching a movie all with one remote.

Well...the whole "same exact manual" thing would normally fly, but the fact that "LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition" is written on the front, along with instructions for Move inside...idk. This is killing me. I don't even want the game. I just want to know if they took it out Prehistoric Moves for the Special Edition or if the holiday bundle got some reject discs.

Yeah, the new Blu-ray remote is what the first one should have been. Notably has volume and channel buttons now, so you can go from flippin' channels to turning on your PS3 to watching a movie all with one remote.

Augh okay now I have no idea then. >_< Maybe find a way to contact Sony or Media Molecule to get a definitive answer?

I found the new Blu-ray remote on Amazon. Noticed the volume controls which were desperately needed on the old remote, and I like that they added a "skip back 15 seconds" button which I also thought the old one could have used as the fast forward and rewind speeds on the PS3 don't allow for a lot of room. Ordered one today with Christmas money. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well! I got an answer back from MediaMolecule. And I can confirm that the Special Edition does not have Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves.

"[The Special Edition] doesn't have prehistoric moves I'm sorry to say - but it does have The Move Pack - Rise of the Cakeling, which is a much better selection of move levels :) -Spaff"

So that's that I suppose. Closure for me, and confirmation for anyone who may be curious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Well! I got an answer back from MediaMolecule. And I can confirm that the Special Edition does not have Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves.

"[The Special Edition] doesn't have prehistoric moves I'm sorry to say - but it does have The Move Pack - Rise of the Cakeling, which is a much better selection of move levels :) -Spaff"

So that's that I suppose. Closure for me, and confirmation for anyone who may be curious.

Thanks a lot for that confirmation. I myself was looking for an answer since I got the SE and the manual said to look in the XMB menu. Thanks a lot.