Rush'N Attack Ex-Patriot - Road Map and Trophy Guide

15851157278_69572b0ef8_o.png

Credit to Ryukori for the banner

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10

-Overall number of trophies: 12

-Offline: 12 (7 (B), 4 (S), 1 (G))

-Online: 0

-Approx time to Platinum: 3-6 hours (Depends on whether you do 1 or 2 playthroughs, it will likely take 3-4 if you go for an all in one.)

-Minimum number of playthroughs: 1

-Missable trophies: Carnage, Hollywood Star, Bonus Hunter, No Mercy and possibly Assassin, Combo Slayer, Martial Art Master (Please note that the last 3 missables it would actually take more skill to skip these trophies than to earn them).

-Glitched Trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: None available.

Introduction:

Rush'N Attack Ex-Patriot is a mix of stealth and hack-n-slash gaming that takes you through three levels that challenge you with platforming, fighting and using the environment to your advantage. Playing the role of "Morrow", a special forces agent on a rescue mission deep within Russia, you find yourself quickly in quite the predicament when your entire team is captured. The game begins with you freshly liberated from a prison cell with you resuming your original mission and starting your new mission to rescue your own team and yourself.

The game is fairly interesting with classic feel to it, but does get repetitive and frustrating at times because of a few control and camera flaws. However, it is an enjoyable game as a whole and easy to 100%.

Step 1: Veteran difficulty and the basics

I highly recommend you go veteran difficulty first. I started on the easiest difficulty and switched it to veteran with very little difference other than an increase in damage that the enemy does.

On your first playthrough, should you choose to play on veteran first, you'll unlock, Path of Justice, Path of Revenge, Rank Captain, Rank Major and Rank Lieutenant Colonel. In addition to this you'll also, hopefully, achieve Assassin and Combo Slayer since you'll need to kill quite a few enemies in order to get No Mercy (the hardest trophy on the list). I actually had achieved Carnage by around 2/3rds of the way through the second level, so you should also be able to get that as well unless you really avoid enemies (I do not recommend this).

Tips:

• Use your analog stick to scan areas ahead of you. This will allow you to get the drop on the enemy.
  • Don't be afraid to run away. Soldiers will resume patrols after a short period of time if they spot you.
  • Keep grenades for tight spots. Don't waste them on just any enemy.
  • There is a time bonus for beating a level under the time which contributes to your S Rank, but don't let this ride your mind. There is plenty of time to kill each enemy you come across and finish the level while keeping the bonus.

There isn't much else I can recommend since the trophies are pretty self-explanatory, but try to get a lot of the main grinding ones such as Assassin and especially Combo Slayer out of the way early on so you don't have to do them in a second playthrough. Also, the game gets progressively harder the further you go along with platforming makes many kills a bit difficult to do. Plus some of them are in near-impossible spots to sneak up on.

Step 2: Clean Up

If you had not finished the trophies in a single playthrough a second one on an easy difficulty won't be too hard and won't take you too long. Considering it's a short game and you will have just experienced everything you'll (probably) be able to storm through the game and get everything else you need.

These may include Bonus Hunter if you had not collected all the Ulyssium (video provided) or Hollywood Star which will require you to be detected to finish. If you hadn't done so already, you may also need to finish off trophies such as Combo Slayer and Assassin.

Trophy List: Basic

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/01.jpg Path of Justice (B)

Finish the game on any difficulty.

Simple enough. Just play the game to completion. However, I recommend you finish the game on veteran in order to get it out of the way as well.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/10.jpg Assassin (B)

Kill 50 soldiers using stealth in story mode.

This can be done from sneaking up on an opponent, hiding in doorways or from areas on the ground or ceiling that allow you to hide inside and killing them. If you're hiding and an enemy's patrol path doesn't reach you, you can whistle (:triangle:) and they will come to investigate. They will run up to dark area to which you are hidden and at the spot they usually slow down to a walking pace and that is when you want to strike. Strike too early and they will spot you, reach into the dark area you're hiding and pull you out dealing damage to you as well as exposing you to further attack. Also, be careful with when you use whistle because if you do it with them facing where you are hidden and in their line of sight (if out of line of sight you're safe) they will spot you and pull you out since you are exposed for a moment when you do it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/11.jpg Combo Slayer (B)

Kill 50 soldiers using combo attack in story mode.

This is another one of those trophies that you'll likely do naturally as you play. Just perform a combo kill on 50 soldiers and you'll unlock this. Stealth kills don't count as they aren't combo kills. The combos you have unlocked are in your menu listing.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/12.jpg Hollywood Star (B)

Get spotted by security cameras at least 10 times in story mode.

There are a series of cameras throughout the game that if they see you will trigger an alarm as well as a wave of soldiers that will come to kill you. This does not hurt your score in trying to achieve the S Rank for No Mercy and may in fact help your score. This can be easily accomplished as early as the second level right before the big drill.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/03.jpg Bonus Hunter (S)

Find and collect 36 bonus Ulyssium.

Annoying in some aspects because it will require you to go out of your way on some while others are in plain sight. Fantastic video provided below that gives visual and map details on where to find them:

Video credit to

XTheXReaper:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3pImicfKzA]YouTube - Rush'n'Attack Ex-Patriot Bonus Hunter Achievement/Trophy Guide[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/03.jpg No Mercy (S)

Finish all three chapters with combat rank S in story mode.

The hardest of the trophies to achieve, but not without a lovely glitch to help you along. You don't want to die because if you do you lose a x2 bonus (which is very important), but there is a period during your death in which you can bring up the menu and restart from the last checkpoint.

If you do this before you respawn, which if you don't before respawn will mess up everything, you will be set back a bit but not have to restart the entire game. Best rule to use with this exploit is if you think you're going to die, beat the game to it with a restart to last checkpoint. You health meter can actually go to zero and it still doesn't count until you respawn, but why risk it?

Scores that contribute to S Rank:

• Kills: The more you kill, the higher the score. Killing quickly will boost the score by multipliers in the game and can easily be done at certain parts or when you trigger an alarm. Try to maximize stealth kill bonuses the most since one x2 stealth kill multiplier usually equals more than a x4 regular kill multiplier.
  • Time: Another x2 bonus. Try to keep it below 50 minutes for the first level and under one-hour-twenty for the other two. It's possible to S Rank without this but unless you're messing around a lot you shouldn't miss this bonus.
  • No Death Bonus: x2 bonus for not dying, making this very important.

Tips on Points:

• You will get more points from a stealth kill than if exposed.
  • If exposed, and no way out, it's preferable you use your knife as opposed to a firearm/rocket/grenade. You'll still get a very nice amount of points for this.
  • Only use weapons other than your knife for situations where you're going to die if you don't. Using weapons like the assault rifle/rocket/grenade will decrease your points immensely. However, do not be shy in using them if you need to. Several times I sarcastically used them just to get rid of an inconvenience and I still managed a S Rank.
  • Time bonus is important, but don't go about this like a racing game. You can still manage to kill enemies, collect goodies and finish the level under time as long as you don't waste too much time doing these things (for example, pausing the game in order to look up Ulyssium crystals rather than just letting him stand there). If you really feel uncomfortable with this and want S Rank out of the way first, just kill all enemies you see and run to the finish line. You can always do a second run.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/05.jpg Martial Art Master (S)

Unlock all combos.

The more you kill the more you unlock with combos. You'll likely get this while grinding the other kill trophies. I got this at about 20 minutes into mission 3. So if you've been killing everything that you see then you should get this around the same time as I did, if not sooner. Also keep in mind that this will unlock from any type of knife kill. Stealth kills and combo kills count.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/06.jpg Carnage (S)

Kill 300 soldiers in story mode.

Kill everything in sight. This trophy overlaps other trophies, so let the kills accumulate and this will unlock. Unlocked for me on the second level about 2/3rds of the way through. It may unlock sooner for you or perhaps later depending on how many you kill each level. If you're going for the S Rank as well as grinding any trophies you haven't achieved yet, you'll likely get it around the same time I did.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/02.jpg Path of Revenge (G)

Finish the game on Veteran difficulty.

This isn't exactly an easy trophy, but it's not that hard to do. If you're planning on finishing this on a single playthrough or just want to get the hardest out of the way before you jump into a cleanup run then you'll get this with No Mercy.

Trophy List: Boss Fights

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/07.jpg Rank Captain (B)

Kill the Prison Boss.

In this fight the "Prison Boss" flies around in a chair with attached machine guns from left to right at the top of a warehouse. There is a platform that also goes left to right and serves as a shield against him if you need, but don't rely on it too much since the angles will commonly work against you. Between periods of attack he will fire a missile at you that is guided. Use it to hit the 6 (3 to the left, 3 to the right) fuel tanks. The missiles are fairly easy to avoid as all you will need to do is jump over them and make sure they track you towards the fuel tanks that have not exploded yet or it will waste a missile and cause you to do an unnecessary round of soldier cleanup which I will elaborate further on below.

During the phases of the battle, 3 guards will come out and attack you. When they are all killed they will drop C4 that you can place on the fuel tank of your choice. I recommend taking out the top gas tanks first as they are the hardest to hit later in the battle.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/08.jpg Rank Major (B)

Kill the Laboratory Boss.

This boss isn't very hard. In fact, I found him to be easier than the first boss.

Phase 1: Fight the soldiers at the beginning.

Phase 2: Tank charges at you. You then do a wall jump on top of the tank and then get behind it.

Phase 3: Tank will fire a barrage at you and then charge at you. At the far right you need to do a wall jump up to the platform with the landmine.

Phase 4: Place the landmine within proximity of the second platform with the rocket launcher. I found the best spot to be at the first blood spot on the right heading left.

Phase 5: Tank will run over the landmine, you jump on top of the tank and up to the rocket launcher.

Phase 6: Fire the rocket launcher at the tank when its back is exposed.

Phase 7: Repeat 2 through 6.

*Note: The camera angle for this fight can be a bit awkward at times. However, if you stay within a decent distance of the tank you can use the platforms to absorb most of the shots from the tank barrage.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/527/09.jpg Rank Lieutenant Colonel (B)

Kill the Nuclear Base Boss.

This boss is mainly just a long haul to the top followed up by a game of staying close, hitting, defending and dodging. The video provided is long but covers the extent of it.

The video below is meant just so you know what you're going into. Here is what I found worked best for the fight. If you have the final combo attacked unlocked, use the :triangle::triangle::triangle: attack over and over again. However, sometimes you'll see him pull his arm back and about to attack. So usually you'll need to press :l2: to block before you can get off the final attack. It's slow and annoying. Also, when he flies up in the air you will want to jump away before he hits the ground or you'll be stunned for a moment by his ground stun attack which is area-of-effect. Finally, do not let him get a distance on you. If he does he will begin to open fire with his cannon. Stay in close, attack when you can and block a lot.

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revision by Terminator 21/08/2013.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The videos are unavailable :confused:

owners account has been terminated so we need new ones

EDIT : Here's a new video i found, havent watched it so i dont know if its perfect but it looks promising from the comments :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3pImicfKzA]Rush'n'Attack Ex-Patriot Bonus Hunter Achievement/Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Shadowrider50

• 4 weeks later...
The videos are unavailable :confused:

owners account has been terminated so we need new ones

EDIT : Here's a new video i found, havent watched it so i dont know if its perfect but it looks promising from the comments :

thanks for the video's, been looking around for them. 1 thing, do you have to get all the ulyssium in one full game? because i got 20 odd in my first run and am now back getting an s rank for each chapter and it says I have zero. salso they are there on single chapters.