Combat Rank S explained

Ruldra

One of the trophies requires you to get a S rank on each chapter. The rank is directly related to your score. So the higher you score, more likely is your chance of getting a S rank.

So how do you score high in this game? There are three things that affect score:

- Don't die: If you finish a chapter without dying, your final score gets a X2 multiplier. That doesn't mean you can't die, though. If you die, quickly pause the game and choose restart. This will send you to the last checkpoint and the game won't recognize that you died.

- Beat the chapter quickly: Every chapter has a target time to beat. Beating the chapter below the target time will give you a X2 multiplier to your score. This multiplier stacks with the no-death bonus.

The target time of each chapter is:

Chapter 1: 50:00

Chapter 2: ??:??:?? (I think it's 1:30:00, will confirm later)

Chapter 3: ??:??:?? (Will confirm later)

- Chain-Stealth-Killing: The method you use to kill soldiers gives you different amount of points. By far, the most rewarding method is stealth kills. So you should use this method as much as possible.

Besides that, killing soldiers in quick sucession gives you a multiplier. Killing 4 soldiers in quick sucession is worth as much as killing 16 individual soldiers!

Security cameras are a great way to rack up your score. Set off the alarm and immediately hide. A group of soldiers will show up, patrol for a while and then sit there with their backs turned. Stealth-killing them all can give you as much as 100k points.

So, to sum up:

- Don't die

- Beat the chapter fast

- Chain-stealth-kill the soldiers

After beating the game I replayed the first chapter using the methods above. Not only I got a S rank, I'm now #1 on the veteran leaderboards with 3 million points on the prison chapter.

You'll need to dedicate a playthrough just for this trophy. It's a bit challenging, but the game truly shines when you play this way. It's been a while since I had so much fun.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...