How many of you approached this game with an element of hoping it would be as great as Harvest Moon or a temporary substitute until Natsume ever decides to produce another HM for Sony like that of "Another Wonderful Life" or "Save the Homeland"? Are any of you fully pleased with RF:ToD ?

Ultimately I have really tried to give this game a chance and may or may not continue to do so. Im still left wishing Natsume would just make a NEW traditional Harvest Moon for PS3 owners. Do any of you agree? I simply want an up to date HM, that isn't solely on Wii or handhelds, and has little to none futuristic/fantasy themes like HM:AWL and HM:StH.

Its been years since I played a Harvest Moon or any Natsume game and recently wanted a fix, because if anyone remembers HM:AWL, maybe you would agree that game is really relaxing,and had different mini-game elements,so I wanted that gaming experience again. (hence my user name)

So I did some research here in this forum and bought RF:ToD,and with playing it I have realized it does have multiple things reminiscent to HM,but unlike HM it doesn't really seem to have a lot of heart story wise, and the effort I put in doesn't seem to match the amount of progress made, which is frustrating.

I guess I will just have to buy and settle on playing Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland from the PSN store. :|

Natsume doesn't have any control over how either the Harvest Moon games or the Rune Factory games are developed. They only localize it for Americans as well as sometimes XSEED. Marvelous Entertainment publishes both series in Japan. I know Neverland is the developer for the Rune Factory games.

I never played a Harvest Moon or Rune Factory game before even though Harvest Moon Boy and Girl and Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon are both in my backlog of games to play that I do own on PSP. So, maybe that's why I am able to enjoy this game.

Natsume doesn't have any control over how either the Harvest Moon games or the Rune Factory games are developed. They only localize it for Americans as well as sometimes XSEED. Marvelous Entertainment publishes both series in Japan. I know Neverland is the developer for the Rune Factory games.

I never played a Harvest Moon or Rune Factory game before even though Harvest Moon Boy and Girl and Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon are both in my backlog of games to play that I do own on PSP. So, maybe that's why I am able to enjoy this game.

I have noticed a lot of HM games are on psp, I may get one then.

• 1 month later...

I have played rune factory games before and they have more HM elements in them but this game had even less. Its a good game for other reasons! You just have to go into it thinking its not going to be a true HM game.

On a side note i really hope they make a true HM one for the ps3! That Would be great!:D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
I ended up falling in love with this game and wish they would make another Rune Factory console game. They mostly seem to be focusing on handhelds for now though.

I'm with you, Rwluff. As strange as it sounds, that title at least features in my top 10 of PS3 games. Platinumed twice, will do my 3rd platinum (JP) probably in 2017. By then I should be able to read Japanese well enough. Not that the text matters much when doing a 3rd playthrough though...