Help with Colosseum

Hey so basically im at the second round of battles at the collisteum. i fled through all the other bosses fairly easily. my problem is the final boss, the giant golem. ive gotten him down to 20% Hp about 10 times but its his stupid missles that screw me over every time. especially when hes in beserk mode, because he'll use missles twice, then do a shockwave attack. ive read the gameplay guide and it helps but it doesnt help me enough. so does anyone have any tips on overall killing the boss or dodging the missles. any help is appreciated. btw im level 56 w/ legendary rod and the powerful magic. i dont think its realy has to do with the level beacaue the rest of the bosses were really easy ( thanks to the god end magic )

Edited by MichaelB
spelling error

Sadly the Gameplay Guide offers the best advice I can think of. I had to do that fight about 20 times before I finally beat it.

I recommend getting his health as low as possible and as fast as possible with some dragons to distract him initially. If he kills your dragons before he goes into "crazy fast" mode, you aren't doing it fast enough. Try using some food that boosts magic power.

Make sure when he fires off the missiles you are jumping toward him and then on your double jump away from him. Have some good food on standby for when you CAN actually use it. The real trick is getting lucky enough with the camera angles and his sequence of attacks to burn him down before he owns you.

When I finally beat him the fight only lasted about 2 minutes and he only used missiles twice.

Edited by Skyripper

Alright thanks, ill give the fight another go and see if i can speed run it like you said using dragons as bait. btw how much starting hp did your dragons have? and when it comes to food, i brought 8 Rune Crystals cause your character can use them alot faster. for food that boosts my magic power, i ate 3 cherry pies ( upping me by 20% each ) ill try the jump towards him on jump number one then backwards on jump number 2 because usually i use the double jump towards him and then kinda get stuck right after.

Also, Btw What Lvl for You? Or does it not matter? From what ive heard the difficulty adjusts to the boss. Im lvl 55

Edited by MichaelB
Added A Question

I was actually around your level. I think I was about level 50 actually.

As for food you are spot on. That's a great combo. Just effectively use your God Magic and don't waste a second. Every second is another chance for the boss to use his stupid missiles.

My dragon hp I don't remember off the top of my head. I want to say 15k because that sticks out in my mind. I believe my dragons were from the the Wind Shrine.

Finally Got it! Wow that was ridicously luck based. it was kinda funny, because as i killed him, he shot a shockwave so we both died at the same time. unfoutunely that didn't get me the trophy.

about 5 tries after, i got him. i was watching netflix simultaneously so i wouldnt get bored / frustrated as much. LOL

to anyone in the future reading this, some tips i advise.

always run circles around him, going right. his fist punch is always a one hit and from his left fist, so running right will help you dodge him.

right before the fight begins ( maybe standing close to the dragon statue at the coliseum ) eat 3 chestnut pies. not for the hp but for the +20% Elemental Damage. At least for the first 60seconds you'll be buffed.

Also, for food, spam rune crsyals. they heal 100% rp and hp, so it can heal your monsters fully if needed. also there alot faster than eating any other food ( the animation is quicker )

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, I didn't even know you could use monsters to help you fight... that probably would have made the game quite a bit easier.

Well, I got through the golem (round 2), the way I beat him was the same basic strategy above. I would constantly circle right and spam triangle God Staff magic. You want to be casting the God magic every time that it runs out, timing is key because every second you waste is another second that he can decide to use the stupid missle attack.

When the boss fired his missles, I would actually run at about a 45 degree angle TOWARDS the boss. I found that jumping just gave the missles more time to catch up to me, so I wouldn't jump at all.

If you right straight to the right (or left), you will run directly into the missles. If you right directly at the boss, you will run into one of his power attacks.

Best bet is to run at that 45 degree angle or so towards the boss. All of the missles should miss you.

Even with this strategy, it took me a good 15-20 attempts. I kept having the worst luck, as the boss would decide to shoot back to back waves of missles at me. If this happens, you're probably going to die because even if you evade the first wave, you're going to run out of real estate on the second and the missles will catch up to you as you're up against the edge of the arena.

The run that I beat him on, I took ZERO damage and completely evaded two rounds of missles. (one early round about 20 seconds in the fight, and then another round when he had about 15% of his health left).

Hope this helps someone!