Rate the trophy difficulty...  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.83

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Only reason it isn't a 1 is because pretty soon it will be near impossible to get the online trophies (but they're easy to get aside from no one playing). Otherwise... let me put it this way. My 3rd run through of the game from start to finish lasted 50 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the Platinum yesterday and i rated this a 7, the hard thing about this is that it´s almost impossible to find players online and when you do, the game quits on you etc... I can´t even begin to describe all the issues with this game, i´m glad i finally got the Platinum so i could be free from this curse :dance:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I gave it a 5 because of the time too boost and the difficulty to actually boosting.

Also, this game is SHIT, it was sometimes unplayable for me. For example it always seemed to freeze on me whenever I got to level 3 on sp. On all 3 playthroughs my ps3 froze about 6-10 straight times (however many times I would try to play the game on level 3). What I found worked for me was to leave it sit for an entire day and then instead of hitting continue campaign I would go into level select and click chapter 3.

My word of advice is to STAY AWAY from this game. I got the ylod while playing this game TWICE and it's starting to break my new ps3, which I just got a few days ago. Try a different game, because this game is complete shit.

This gets a solid 6 from me, The singleplayer trophies are stupidly easy. I did them all in one sitting (Including 3 playthroughs, hardest = 3-4 hours, Normal 2 hours and easy just over 1 hour) If there was no online then this would get a 2 rating easily.

Now the online is a whole new ball game, i have never seen a game this empty! there is absolutely no one playing it. (For good reason!) This makes the trophies really difficult, you have to get a group of 5 people together, this is difficult to do on a popular game so imagine trying on a game that is dead! and to make things worse you can only play with people in your region! Not to mention the servers are really poor and the lag is terrible. Also the game likes to freeze alot.

If you are looking to platinum this get it ASAP, the longer you wait the harder it will be to get players and the servers could close anyday. Please listen to me avoid this game! If you think games like Terminator Salvation is bad try playing this! The graphics are bad, the gameplay is bad, the story is bad, the animation is bad, the online is uber bad, the trophy images are bad, Everything is bad!

This gets a solid 6 from me, The singleplayer trophies are stupidly easy. I did them all in one sitting (Including 3 playthroughs, hardest = 3-4 hours, Normal 2 hours and easy just over 1 hour) If there was no online then this would get a 2 rating easily.

Now the online is a whole new ball game, i have never seen a game this empty! there is absolutely no one playing it. (For good reason!) This makes the trophies really difficult, you have to get a group of 5 people together, this is difficult to do on a popular game so imagine trying on a game that is dead! and to make things worse you can only play with people in your region! Not to mention the servers are really poor and the lag is terrible. Also the game likes to freeze alot.

If you are looking to platinum this get it ASAP, the longer you wait the harder it will be to get players and the servers could close anyday. Please listen to me avoid this game! If you think games like Terminator Salvation is bad try playing this! The graphics are bad, the gameplay is bad, the story is bad, the animation is bad, the online is uber bad, the trophy images are bad, Everything is bad!

totally agree with you Cool. Thankfully me and a couple guys have been powering through the online last week and almost all of us only need 2-3 trophies for the platinum. Thankfully only 3 trophies require you to play in a ranked game.

• 2 weeks later...
Game gets no more than a 3 from me. Giving it a 5-6 cuz its hard to get 4 people together to boost in the same region..? Nothing to do with the games difficulty

That's the thing though, these polls are not about how difficult the game is, but rather how difficult the platinum is to obtain. Hence, the title, "Platinum Difficulty Rating". So having trouble getting people together to get the platinum would definitely make the platinum difficulty go up in a platinum difficulty thread.

The single-player is bad, but good in a B-movie way. The trophies are easy and somewhat fun. If this were the end of it, the game would be a 3. However, the online makes that number go up. Winning 10 deathmatches, SEAL Team Six, and playing 50 buggy/freezing/craptastic online matches is ridiculous. Boosting works but you'll need at least 4 people to start a ranked match and you'll need at least 5 to do SEAL Team Six (3 from your friends list on your team and someone else on the other team). The online takes way too long, as well.

This game could be a 4 but with freezing, floaty controls and other problems, the game ends up being a 6 or 7.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted this game a 6 and I can see the votes are all over the board and I understand why.

story mode is easy even with having to play it 3 times

online is a different story - servers are a pain - 10 RDM wins is annoying even with boosting partners - the gameplay itself is not hard but the servers and the trophy requirements for online made this rather tough to achieve - I AM GLAD ITS OVER and I think I will break the disc and burn the box now.