14 DLC songs in Shop, really?

pmm_fin

I think it´s not dead but complete opposite - it´s starting to live (if you are talking about EU store). They´ve just started with Rocksmith DLC last week - they added first few songs and this week they added next few songs. I think its matter of songs copyright and I hope more songs come every week. My copy of game arrive tomorrow and I cant wait to start playing :rimshot: I wanna buy Pearl Jam songs so I hope they will be in store soon.

Edited by voleman79

Yeah, I was a bit hasty. It appears that the whole US DLC song list comes trickling to EU store, not immediately. Too bad that so far the whole list is quite limited too.

I really wish they focused more on the classic rock, classic metal and such in the beginning, songs that everyone knows or at least has heard. Also quite heavy focus should be on guitar music for guitarist type of music. Not these Black Keys and others that nobody thinks of when thinking of guitar playing. The release setlist has more than half from bands I've never heard about :(

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the game today, so I can't say much yet. The DLC was pretty weak though. I grabbed a few songs and that was it. I play bass and I didn't get the game to learn songs really though, but to learn how to play without looking at the frets all the time. I only wish the game came in tab/note form so I could learn more then just memorizing tab.

• 1 month later...
They should've called the game Indie Rocksmith cuz the majority of the songs are from Indie rock bands. But with the release of Avenged Sevenfold and now Pantera (\m/ !!!) the DLC is getting better all the time!

Now Pantera!! I'm all over that as soon as get home from work. My friend must know this too.

• 10 months later...
There's 143 DLC songs lol.

Can anyone recommend any to me? I've only gotten one so far; Cliffs of Dover; and that's the best $3 I've ever spent.

I just want hard, (mainly) single note songs.

The hardest songs in the game are probably by Pantera, Rush, Megadeth, and Judas Priest's song "Painkiller". Pearl Jam's "Alive" has a really long solo that can be tricky as well.

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't got many DLC songs, but I'd recommend Free Bird, really long fun and hard solo.

Yes, 5 minute solo is quite awesome. No surprise it's #2 or #3 in the all time solos by guitar world.

I'm wondering how to play the part that alternates between a bend on the 18th fret, B string, then 18th fret high e. Do you keep bending the strung, or keep it bent the whole time, and use finger 4 for the high e note?

Yes, 5 minute solo is quite awesome. No surprise it's #2 or #3 in the all time solos by guitar world.

I'm wondering how to play the part that alternates between a bend on the 18th fret, B string, then 18th fret high e. Do you keep bending the strung, or keep it bent the whole time, and use finger 4 for the high e note?

I keep bending the A everytime with finger 1 on A and 2 on the E-string. There are so many hard parts there, i'm troubling most with the very fast parts that uses the B and G. I'm just not fast enough :p

Edited by Bezenko