Sign Guide

Here is a sign guide for the first 6 chapters, I'll try to finish it when I get time, but you should get plenty of clues from this as to how to get later signs - in particular that the ones you can't reach by jumping have to be hit by enemies you shoot into them. And if you can't get enemies to that points at which you need them, you have to figure out how to get them there.

Chapter 1

#1: In a vent near the end of the level.

#2: Use the crate to backtrack to the start of the level.

#3: Push the crate back onto the elevator and then ride it up, push the crate to the right and jump on it.

Chapter 2

#1: Roll past all the penguins until you come to the sign, climb on right ledge, wait for a penguin to climb up to you and then, using the machine gun, blast them continuously until they hit the sign.

#2: Backtrack to the start of the level.

#3: Providing you saved enemies earlier, make an enemy roll close to the right ledge, then keep punching them until you land up on the ledge. Now climb up and shoot them continuously with the machine gun until they hit the sign.

Chapter 3

#1: On the blimp, go right and as soon as you jump up into the vent, jump to hit the sign.

#2: Backtrack to the elevator and go back outside. Once up, run to the right to find the sign.

#3: After starting the countdown, go all the way to the right and jump to hit the sign.

Chapter 4

#1: Make sure you ignore the enemies in the rooms as you descend the cliff. When you get to the area with the clone tubes, head right and then jump up to hit this sign on the second screen.

#2: Backtrack to the start of the level (when going down on the elevator, roll into the vent).

#3: When descending the cliff again, use your machine gun to shoot the enemy in the top room continuously until he hits the sign.

Chapter 5

#1: Continue right through the level until you have to use the elevator to get the guard to the top room before mind-bugging him to open the door for you, then jump off the elevator as it is going down to hit the sign.

#2: Backtrack to the mid-level, where you cell was, then go all the way to the right, take the elevator up and then jump to hit the sign.

#3: Return to the lower level and, when you have to take the side-moving elevator back across towards way you originally came from, drop off to hit the sign as you fall.

Chapter 6

#1: This is right next to the red keycard, hidden in the shadows.

#2: Backtrack all the way to the left and you’ll find this behind the last guard tower.

#3: After going down the vent, climb up to the right-hand ledge where the guard is and then use the machine gun to blast him across to the left into the sign.

Chapter 7

#1: After opening the roof access door, mind-bug the guard in the room to the left of the lift shaft and make him jump for the sign.

#2: Don’t go up on the elevator yet, instead backtrack down to the floor where you got the grenades and then mind-bug a guard on the bottom floor. Send him right and jump for the sign just outside the exit.

#3: Go up a floor and go past the crate to the next screen and use your machine gun to blast the enemy into the sign.

Chapter 8

#1: On the second blimp, the larger of the two, when you drop down out of the vent you enter by, go right and then jump to hit the sign.

#2: During the countdown, navigate your way to the end of the platform section and you will see the silhouette of this sign in one of the ‘pits’ near the end.

#3: From the previous sign, backtrack a couple of platforms and you should see the final sign in plain sight.

Chapter 9

#1: After pushing the crate through the door to the far right and looping the level, climb up the scaffolding in front of the penguin statue and then jump across to the platform to the left at the top.

#2: Backtrack to the hologram room to find this sign on top of the speakers.

#3: Go back to the penguin statue, climb the scaffolding and then go all the way to the right.

Chapter 10

#1: When you get to the crane, stand on the platform just below the crane arm and wait for the guard to walk close to the edge. When he gets to the edge, jump up onto the crane arm and the guard will roll back, roll with him and he will roll back to the edge. Roll towards him and then punch him over the gap before shooting him with your machine gun – just enough to move him to the other side of the gap, not enough to kill him. When the guard is over, drop off the screen and then climb back up. Follow him to the next screen along and when he gets close to the edge, shoot him with your machine gun enough to send him flying over the gap to the sign.

#2: Backtrack all the way to the start of the level – take the elevator up to the top level halfway back – you will find up on one of the high platforms.

#3: Let go and you should land on a small balcony high up in the room below. Here you will find the last sign.

Edited by Tuffinz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 11

#1: After reaching the train platform, take the elevator down and then go along the right-hand vent. Drop down, climb the ledge to the left and then jump to hit the flag.

#2: Go back to the vent you just went through in order to drop down onto the train platform and the sign will be near the end of it.

#3: After going up in the last set of elevators you will come to a guard in a room to the left that you have to mind-bug. Do so and make him jump on the crates to reach the sign.

Chapter 12

#1: When you start, make sure you leave the guard on the upper level alone. Now make you way through until you get the green keycard, then mind-bug the guard that comes out of the door below and take him up to the upper level. Go left all the way and then use your machine gun to blast the lone guard over to the sign.

#2: After taking the elevator all the way down from the upper level to the basement, avoid the two gun turrets and go left towards the start of the level. Remember that guard you left earlier? Blast him with the machine gun to reach the second sign.

#3: Head back to the right and the last sign is behind the gun turret on the next screen.

Here you go, the final bunch!

Chapter 13

#1: When you get out of your holding cell, get on the right elevator and go down, then go right to find the sign.

#2: Press the button close to the first sign to open all of the lower doors and then backtrack to the start of the level to find this sign along the way.

#3: When you take the elevator up to the launch pad, move to the left to find the final sign.

Chapter 14

#1: When you land on the outer ledge of the moving rocket, run to the right-hand edge to find the first sign.

#2: The second sign can be found to the left-hand side of the outer ledge of the rocket.

#3: When you drop down into the vent, roll to the left as soon as you land to hit this sign.

Chapter 15

#1: After defeating Brno, mind-bug the guard up the control room and move him to the left to jump and hit the sign.

#2: When you reach the very top of your first multi-elevator ascent, jump up and hit this sign directly above where the last elevator ends, it will be hidden in the shadows.

#3: When you send Putzki out of the airlock, move up him to hit this sign right before you complete the game.

Edited by Tuffinz

Damn, I can't reach the third sign in Chapter 2 ! :mad:The enemies won't even follow me to the ledge, so how am I supposed to "use" one of them to get the sign ? :(

Hum... Are the signs available from the start if I want to collect them later (via chapter select) ? Or will I have to find them in the same order as the story ?

Edited by Fethennour

That one was quite difficult. Lizardking said it but I'll try. To get that last sign, first off don't kill the first 2 guys. After getting the 2nd sign, go forward. It's tricky but you have to melee one of the guards onto the ledge. Then jump up and shoot him over to the final sign. He might dodge and fall back down so you might want to wait a sec for him to turn around.

Also, signs reset each time you restart a stage, via chapter select or otherwise. The game keeps record of what you've found but if you didn't get the 3rd sign in a chapter, you have to find the other 2 first.

Damn, I can't reach the third sign in Chapter 2 ! :mad:The enemies won't even follow me to the ledge, so how am I supposed to "use" one of them to get the sign ? :(

Hum... Are the signs available from the start if I want to collect them later (via chapter select) ? Or will I have to find them in the same order as the story ?

I didn't even bother to get them onto the right ledge. What I did was lure them all to the left side of the screen and kicked them. Boy do they fly high as long as you keep the kicking combo coming (that and none of them rolls and shoots you). This is how I got the 3rd sign in Chapter 2. Just make sure you're super close to the penguins otherwise you'll end up shooting them :p

That one was quite difficult. Lizardking said it but I'll try. To get that last sign, first off don't kill the first 2 guys. After getting the 2nd sign, go forward. It's tricky but you have to melee one of the guards onto the ledge. Then jump up and shoot him over to the final sign. He might dodge and fall back down so you might want to wait a sec for him to turn around.

Also, signs reset each time you restart a stage, via chapter select or otherwise. The game keeps record of what you've found but if you didn't get the 3rd sign in a chapter, you have to find the other 2 first.

I see. Thanks for the explanation. :)

I didn't even bother to get them onto the right ledge. What I did was lure them all to the left side of the screen and kicked them. Boy do they fly high as long as you keep the kicking combo coming (that and none of them rolls and shoots you). This is how I got the 3rd sign in Chapter 2. Just make sure you're super close to the penguins otherwise you'll end up shooting them :p

Thanks, man. ;)

Well, looks like I have no excuse now. Thanks for the help ! Both of you !

thanks for the guide, just working my way through the game again collecting signs and definitely needed this!

on another note, I still haven't unlocked 'Turncoat'. I've killed way more than 20 enemies while brain bugged, probably over 100 but it won't pop. Anyone have this problem?

Me too T_T i dunno what's the problem ....

i hope it's not glitched...

NP, Lizard and Zero have been extremely helpful to our quest for the plat. Hope you get to juggle the penguins and get your sign lol. And I am not a man :p Happy gaming!

Oh ! Please accept my apologies. :)

Once I'm done with the signs, I guess I'll make a video guide (based on Lizard's indications), and share it, so everyone can use it.:applause:

on another note, I still haven't unlocked 'Turncoat'. I've killed way more than 20 enemies while brain bugged, probably over 100 but it won't pop. Anyone have this problem?

I tried going for this trophy in Chapter 8 on the zepplin. I used a Brainbug on the black Elite guard in the helm and kept killing the white Bazooka penguin who appears through the doorway. However, after killing well over 20 penguins, the trophy still never unlocked. I'm pretty sure it doesn't count for penguins in the infinite spawn locations.

I finally managed to get the trophy during the end of Chapter 10 when you get ambushed by Putzki and his bodyguard. I kept throwing the Brainbugs out and used whomever I gained control of to kill everyone in that wave. Then I killed him and did the same thing for the next wave and repeated the process.

I finally managed to get the trophy during the end of Chapter 10 when you get ambushed by Putzki and his bodyguard. I kept throwing the Brainbugs out and used whomever I gained control of to kill everyone in that wave. Then I killed him and did the same thing for the next wave and repeated the process.

thanks I'll try that

Once I'm done with the signs, I guess I'll make a video guide (based on Lizard's indications), and share it, so everyone can use it.:applause:

Great idea :applause: just a thought but you, LizardKing and Zer0 could collaborate on a trophy guide. I mean there isn't a guide put up yet but so far the contributions have been very helpful. I am still sooo grateful that Zer0 found that "missing" penguin lol.

Okay I must really suck if I can't get these on level 1. I got the 1st sign in the vent no problem, but how do I get the crate to the start of the level. I can't even see where the other 2 signs are. Any help?

Make sure you collect first one otherwise others don't appear, have you pressed button to the left of evaluator?