Rate the trophy difficulty  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.63

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it a 3. The game is very easy and straight forward. With a little exploration skills and determination most trophies will come naturally. There are a few you have to go out of your way for (High Treason, Fear the Spur, etc.) but nothing to demanding.

Story mode and coop mode are both easy in terms of enemies (especially coop since you can start out with the LMG). Signs are nothing to worry since we have a guide now thanks to LizardKing.

The only trophy that could cause problems is Cryogen Run as it does require decent effort and skill.

Overall I say 3 or 3.5

I'll say 5. While it is true the game and trophies are fairly straightforward, the signs can be a tad difficult i you are trying to do them without a guide; lots of backtracking. Other than that, not bad, and looks like many of the trophies have to be done in the same run. That, or dying resets the counter for a few things. Still have to tackle co-op.

I'm giving this a 4 because its very easy to get lost in this game. The collectibles (signs) in this game sucks because you have to backtrack while leaving the enemy alive in some cases in order to get a collectible.

Hydrogen Run trophy is also annoying because the jumping controls is shit and the enemy likes to knock you down.

On the other hand, Bird Brained is not hard especially if you chapter select and play the game all the way.

The coop is 5 levels shorter than the single player but coop is annoying at times especially if you are playing by yourself with 2 controllers. The final boss was more tougher in coop than it was in single player.

Overall, this game is platinumable within a week. I would not recommend this game to anyone because of the terrible jumping mechanics while having music which doesn't flow well with the game.

I gave it a 3 out of 10.

It was easy enough and specially very very funny.

The only trophy, that I've found a little bit impegnative, was the one you should keep an enemy 10 second in air kicking him.

For the co-op offline played solo I used the bird with shotgun and the one with heavy machine-gun: in this way it was tricky in some parts but not so though (e.g. I beat brno at the first try: the trick was, during the last "shield always on" part, to attack him with both controllers at the same time once he was between the two birds... he was continuately rolling in the air back and fort ^_^).

I voted 3. The game is short and easy, and fun to play:) There were only a few difficulties like getting the signs in chapter 2, the fight in chapter 14, and killing Brno in the coop alone with 2 controllers. Luckily, I could persuade my brother to help me beat him.

Ofcourse, finding all the signs without a guide would have been more difficult because you need to find them in order, which means a lot of backtracking.

But overall really easy and short. I got most of the trophies in a day.

• 2 weeks later...

5/10.

A very short and funny game, with a nice soundtrack.

I think it was quite easy, but I also had some difficulties in some times, like with the jet pack (thank you, Nathan my dear), with the hydrogen run trophy, with some fights.

So, easy game, but non so easy. Poor penguins.

Edited by ReverieCorso

Voting a 5. The game mechanics are pretty bad, but they don't interfere with anything until you do Hydrogen Run, in which case they actively work against you. It didn't take me a lot of tries, but it was incredibly frustrating learning how to get the game to cooperate with me for the jumping.

The collectibles are a pain without a guide (the stickied guide needs help in a couple of places...), and more so if you don't get them your first time through.

Co-op was easy enough, though I actually had 2 people.

The soundtrack is amazing, too!

• 2 weeks later...

I think 5.5 is more suitable, so I voted 6 because solo co-op with two controllers especially Brno at the end, can indeed cause a bit of a headache. The issues I had is a lot of these are semi-glitchy and because of the annoyance of them, that gets a bit more.

A decent game with a good price, but yeah maybe a little more polish was needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rate this a 3 in terms of difficulty.

I did miss Bird Brained (b/c I inadvertently finished level 12 by going up the elevator instead of to the right where the Elite Shield can be found) & Hardboiled Orca on my first single player playthrough, but the second playthrough went so quickly that it wasn't a big deal. I didn't think any was especially difficult in the single player campaign. The most difficult part for me was finishing the end of level 10 on co-op solo. However, by finding the proper technique, that is quite do-able too.

Great game; I loved the soundtrack & enjoyed playing this one. Quite a steal considering that I paid less than $6 for it with the recent PSN sale. :applause: