Trophy Details (game spoilers)

PuppetShoJustice

I finished my blind run of the game on Hard Mode and learned a bit about some of the trophies.

Burst Friends (kill 5 enemies with a single rocket attack) is super, super easy to do at the tail end of 1-1 where the side-scroll action comes to a halt and enemies start spawning in small waves (on Hard mode. There aren't enough enemies here on Normal). Kill the wolves as they spawn until you reach the fifth wave. This wave includes 3 of the melee wolves and 2 of the dynamite throwing ones. Make your way to either the far left or right side of the screen and prepare to blast through the lot of them.

The wolves sort of vary their approach speed so if you want a clear shot you'll want to wait until they've hit you once or twice and are densely packed on top of you. When everyone is gathered nicely together you can take them all down in one clean swoop and pop the trophy.

Woodland Bouncer(Defeat 3 enemies with a single reflected projectile) is best done in 1-3 at the point early on in the stage where you fall down to the bottom of a hole and fight some wolves that spawn in similar to the area described above for Burst Friends. You know you're there when you see the tooltip sign in the background telling you how do perform a Burst Vortex. Once again, enemies will come out in waves. Either of the last two waves have enough wolves that you can bounce a stick of dynamite off your sword and kill three for the trophy. If you fail, let them kill you and try again. Note you need to do this on Hard mode to have enough wolves to pull this off.

If you pick up the game and play on Hard you can easily knock out a mess of trophies without too much trouble. Zephyrus Saviour (beat Arcade Mode on Normal. Though beating it in Hard still unlocks it.) Elhorn Tourist (beat all the levels) and Devotindos Defiler (beat the game on Hard in a single playthrough. CONTINUES MAY BE USED).

The trick to Devotindos Defiler is that each boss that marks the end of a stage requires you do something specific to them to unlock Hard Mode on the next stage. If you want the trophy. You need to perform the "unlock" action on each of the bosses in one playthrough. If you perform an unlock and are then killed by the boss, it doesn't count. You must perform it on the same attempt on which you kill the boss.

You'll know when you successfully pulled off the unlock because the game will play a chime sound. Also each of these actions will actually damage the boss so it should be pretty blatantly obvious when you pull it off.

Select Hard Mode > Play to the giant Forest Shredder boss

When the Shredder launches sticks of dynamite, use your sword to deflect one into his face. The blast will damage him and you'll unlock Hard Mode for the next stage.

Continue to the Wolf boss

He'll follow you around the arena. What you need to do is knock one of the gray floor tiles out from under him and make him fall down to a lower floor. He'll take damage and you'll unlock Hard Mode for the next stage. The boss will randomly pause in place to throw bombs at you. Get him to chase you to one of the upper floors and then return to the floor beneath him. Repeat this until he stops to do his bomb toss move on a breakable tile above you and then use the drill-spin (Double tap the O button) to smash the floor from beneath him.

Continue to Axel Gear

Axel will sometimes launch a small purple orb that will home in on your location and then explode. Don't confuse this with the dark clouds he leaves behind when he jets around the room. If you move towards Axel while his orb is chasing you and catch him in its blast radius you'll damage him and unlock Hard Mode for the next stage.

The final boss at the end of the next stage has no special actions that need to be taken against him for the trophy.

Spark Dog Millionaire

Requires you beat Arcade Mode with a score over One Million points. I did this on accident on my first playthrough. All collectibles raise your score. So take health-ups and one-ups even if you know you don't need them. Go out of your way to kill all of the enemies you encounter during the early parts of the game and be ruthless during the game's flying sections. This will let you slack off and avoid getting into needless fights in more difficult levels like 3-2 later on in the game.

I was just messing around and avoided combat whenever possible from 3-2 forward and still beat the game with a score of 1,127,197

Legendary Possom

Requires you to beat Gold Sparkster Mode. A difficulty that unlocks after you beat Hard Mode. In Gold Sparkster Mode your health gauge is made up of only FOUR hearts instead of the usual EIGHT. Needless to say this is brutal and I've yet to manage it.

Impatient Hero asks you to beat the individual stages in under certain times. Here is a break-down of the times required for all sections of the game.

1.1) 7:00

1.2) 5:30

1.3) 7:00

1.4) 3:00

2.1) 7:30

2.2) 4:30

2.3) 7:30

2.4) 3:30

3.1) 8:30

3.2) 9:00

3.3) 4:30

4.1) 4:30

4.2) 8:00

4.3) 5:00

I know this post is kind of bare-bones and doesn't have anything to say about the other trophies. But at least a topic exists now for further discussion.

Edited by PuppetShoJustice
Added a location for Woodland Bouncer.

Nice start for a guide...

If I can add, for the Wolf Connoisseur trophy (which is very easy), there is a little trick to get all the gems (especially the highest one): when Sparkster catchs a bar with his tails, press :circle: to perform a rollin attack and then :cross: to make a very high jump that combined with the rocket allows you to reach the gems.

Thats good to know, thanks. I'll have to go for that one in a few minutes here.

I just realized while messing around with exploring levels a bit that not enough wolves show up for the "Kill 5 Guys With One Rocket Attack" trophy in the spot I mentioned in Normal difficulty. In fact the difference in enemy population between the two difficulties is staggering. I'm also trying to see if I can get the one for reflecting projectiles in the same spot but it's being troubling enough that even if I do manage it I'm going to look for a more clean spot.